Does anyone have Crocs?

carmel

http://www.thecrocstore.com

I'm toying with the idea of getting some of these. Are they ugly? Yeah. But the nurses I work with say they are the most comfortable things on the planet. Some of my friends who are going to Disney World bought them just for the trip.

I was thinking they might be really nice for a cruise. If you get them wet, it is no big deal and they are comfortable for lots of walking on the shore.

Just wanted to know if anyone had a pair.

I have to ring in here. I am a nurse- I work 12 hr shifts and am on my feet constantly. I have 3 pairs of crocs in different colors and they are the most comfortable shoe I have. I even wear them when I am not working. I highly recommend them. It is like wearing a bedroom slipper all day. I plan on taking them on our cruise in just a few weeks.

Do those of you who wear these have any size advice? I tried on a pair in our local grocery store (I know - of all places to sell these !! LOL) & they were gigantic when I tried my usual size. I didn't have much time so I didn't try others for a fit.

My husband got them for kayaking which we do where we live. But, he really loves them as water shoes when we are on cruises. He will be wearing them next week when we are on the voyager going to labadee and aruba.

What's the approx. cost of the shoe? They really look comfortable.

$29.99 is the going rate around here. I tried a pair on and was shocked. They are comfy with a capital C!! They look heavy but are liteweight. I didn't purchase any because I don't want to make my feet look any larger then they are (8 1/2) and these shoes do just that. Don't fall for knockoffs, not made from the same material and some with no airholes. All the rage but unless I get a pair for Christmas I am not going to purchase any. If you like the look I am sure you will like wearing them.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I am a poster child for Crocs! (Not literally, of course) My husband and all 4 of my kids have a pair, too. I think I have 5 pairs myself now. Light as air, shock absorbing, wearable in and out of water...I wear them constantly. We are Disneyland regulars, and my legs and feet last the longest of anyone because they reduce fatigue!

Oh...and I wear a size 11....so I think I have the biggest Crocs-on-the-block! LOL

I am a poster child for Crocs! (Not literally, of course) My husband and all 4 of my kids have a pair, too. I think I have 5 pairs myself now. Light as air, shock absorbing, wearable in and out of water...I wear them constantly. We are Disneyland regulars, and my legs and feet last the longest of anyone because they reduce fatigue!

Oh...and I wear a size 11....so I think I have the biggest Crocs-on-the-block! LOL

I see you're from Modesto too. Did you get yours at Gottschalks in the mall? They are the only ones listed on the web site in Modesto that sell them.

Yes, yes, yes! They are my new favorite shoes. I also work in a hospital (nursing student/secretary) and all of the nurses around here wear them. They're ugly as sin, but soooooo comfy! I recently had foot surgery and bought a pair for myself to wear post-op, and now I wear them all the time! Mine are hot pink, and I sure plan to wear them on my next cruise!

Crocs are GREAT! They are uni-sex sized, so I bought a medium, and I wear an 8.5 or 9 women's shoe.

My daughter, a junior in high school, is six feet tall and wears size 11 shoes. She bought large crocs, but they are barely big enough. The extra large was a little too big, though.

She attends a private high school where uniforms are required. She wears her navy blue crocs to school quite often. She had everyone in the school trying them on! Started a trend!

My mother, who has lung disease and is on oxygen 24/7, etc., etc., tried on mine, but she felt "unstable" in them. They're kind of "squishy" and she was afraid she'd lose her balance. I'm glad we had her try them on before we bought her a pair.

YES these are the MOST comfortable shoes you will ever wear!!! I have Crocs in just about every color (hopefully my DH will not see this). I've seen people take the straps off one pair put them on another (like pink and blue). My youngest daughter used them as water shoes on Caymen. I wore mine daily on our last cruise. If you get them dirty just hose them off, let them dry. I've found them all mine on Ebay. There is a store in Key West that carries them, WalMart has had a knock-off of them.

I also am a nurse and swear by crocs...makes my 12 hour shifts a bit more bearable. But, I have to say, I found another brand called Nothinz...they look just like crocs, but I swear they are even more comfortable!!! Now I have a combo of both brands in different colors. As they need replaced I will buy whichever brand I can find in the color I want. You won't be disappointed in either brand.

Do your feet get hot in crocs or nothinz? I see all the holes, so I figure there must be circulation - but they are also plastic - so I'm wondering about sweat. I'm thinking this would be an excellent Christmas gift for my sister-in-law, but her feet are always really hot. Thanks!

Sorry about the bad link. Don't know how I did that!

From what I understand, the material is more of a 'foam' that a true plastic. I remember Jellies and when your feet sweated in them, you could kill yourself slipping an sliding.

I'm sooo close to buying a pair!

Archived