Celebrity 2008/2009 Itineraries Thread

Andy

Hi Everyone !

I just got off the phone with Captains Club, and they told me that the 2008/2009 Itineraries should be coming out starting in Mid March, with Europe being the first region to be released.

She also mentioned that all 2008/2009 itineraries should be released by the end of April "with the Exception of Solstice". I suppose that means we will have to wait a bit longer for Solstice itineraries. While the Solstice news is a bit disappointing, on the bright side, we should be hearing more about 2008/2009 itineraries, starting in another month or so.

I surely hope that Rick (Chessbriar) will continue to do his outstanding work (as he does each year) in letting us know about the new itineraries. Stay Tuned !

Hi Everyone !

Being that we now have a thread started on this subject, I thought it would be interesting to list some things we would like to see, or not see on the 2008/2009 schedule.

Who knows.... maybe Celebrity will see our comments, and they will factor what we post, into their final decisons. I know this idea is a bit optimistic, but I always feel you should let your thoughts be known !

I will get the ball rolling, by saying that my biggest wish for 2008/2009 involves Century, and her Caribbean itineraries. I have been quite vocal on this subject on here, and via emails to Celebrity. I strongly feel Century is being wasted on the shorter intineraries, especially as Celebrity has put a great deal of money into the ship. I know many others feel this way too. She is simply too beautiful to be wasted on the short sailings. There is little doubt that Celebrity wants to be in this market, and I respect that. The big question is, how can they maximize Century, and make everyone happy ?

I have 2 ideas for Century in the Caribbean :

1. If another ship is available (perhaps Summit or Galaxy - which could be looking for a new home next year) let either ship do the shorter sailings, and let Century do longer sailings... such as a 10 night Caribbean / Partial Panama Canal Round Trip itinerary similar to what Brilliance of the Seas and Coral Princess does. I feel this would be a HUGE winner for Celebrity and Century.

2. If another ship is not available - Let Century Do a MIX of 4 and 5 AND 9 night sailings, in a 4/5/9 schedule. This would give everyone what they want. Those who like the shorter sailings can have them, and those who like longer sailings would be happy too. I know some of you might say, why not just sail a 4 night and 5 night itinerary back-to-back ? That simply doesn't work, as it is an entirely different experience as entertainment, meals, and ports are repeated, and you waste a day back in Miami.

Also, PLEASE put Century back in Ft. Lauderdale if possible. Everything seems to work better much better out of Port Everglades, and it is easier to get to the Ft. Lauderdale pier by plane for those who fly to Florida. Port Everglades is a much better experience than Miami.

I hope they bring ANY Celebrity ship back to the northeast in the spring of 2009 to sail to the Caribbean. I was a big fan of the Galaxy leaving from Baltimore and the Constellation from Bayonne was heaven. I hate flying and will drive to any port from Boston to Baltimore. The only thing they have to offer this year and next seems to be fall cruises to New England/Canada and since I live in New England I want to travel someplace warm in the spring and sure don't need a cruise to see the foliage in the fall. Please come back to the northeast Celebrity! We miss you.

I would like to see the Los Angelos to Hawaii and back cruise returned. Just as we were planning to go in 2008 they repositioned the ships.

Hi Blue !

While it could happen, there is a glut of ships doing Hawaii right now, mostly by Norwegian Cruise Lines. Yesterday, Norwegian said that there is too much capacity in Hawaii and yields are down in that region... so it is doubtful that Celebrity will have any big presence in Hawaii for the next year or so.

I would like to see Celebrity cruise from Galveston, Texas. We sailed Galaxy two years ago from Galveston and was so easy to drive to port. Also we enjoy the ten day cruises. More selection of islands in Eastern/Southern Caribbean from

Fort Lauderdale or Galveston.

Century back in Port Everglades...that would be

a dream:) 7-10 nights would be a magnificant dream:D

I will be on Mercury in 3 weeks. I wonder if sometime during

that particular week the new schedules will start arriving.......

somewhere between 3-18 and 3-26.

I will be visiting the Cruise Consultant...whoever it is!

Can someone who just returned from Mercury maybe

tell me who the Future Cruise Consulant is?

Hi Everyone !

Being that we now have a thread started on this subject, I thought it would be interesting to list some things we would like to see, or not see on the 2008/2009 schedule.

Who knows.... maybe Celebrity will see our comments, and they will factor what we post, into their final decisons. I know this idea is a bit optimistic, but I always feel you should let your thoughts be known !

I will get the ball rolling, by saying that my biggest wish for 2008/2009 involves Century, and her Caribbean itineraries. I have been quite vocal on this subject on here, and via emails to Celebrity. I strongly feel Century is being wasted on the shorter intineraries, especially as Celebrity has put a great deal of money into the ship. I know many others feel this way too. She is simply too beautiful to be wasted on the short sailings. There is little doubt that Celebrity wants to be in this market, and I respect that. The big question is, how can they maximize Century, and make everyone happy ?

I have 2 ideas for Century in the Caribbean :

1. If another ship is available (perhaps Summit or Galaxy - which could be looking for a new home next year) let either ship do the shorter sailings, and let Century do longer sailings... such as a 10 night Caribbean / Partial Panama Canal Round Trip itinerary similar to what Brilliance of the Seas and Coral Princess does. I feel this would be a HUGE winner for Celebrity and Century.

2. If another ship is not available - Let Century Do a MIX of 4 and 5 AND 9 night sailings, in a 4/5/9 schedule. This would give everyone what they want. Those who like the shorter sailings can have them, and those who like longer sailings would be happy too. I know some of you might say, why not just sail a 4 night and 5 night itinerary back-to-back ? That simply doesn't work, as it is an entirely different experience as entertainment, meals, and ports are repeated, and you waste a day back in Miami.

Also, PLEASE put Century back in Ft. Lauderdale if possible. Everything seems to work better much better out of Port Everglades, and it is easier to get to the Ft. Lauderdale pier by plane for those who fly to Florida. Port Everglades is a much better experience than Miami.

With all due respect to you, we have been sailing out of the Port of Miami since 1972 with an average of 2 cruises per year. The only time we have had any problems was this past December when we sailed on the Century and had to park very, very far. By contrast the only time we sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale, a couple of years ago in the Millenium it was HORRIBLE!!!!! It took us more than 2 hours to get out of the parking garage. We are sailing on the Summit in mid April and the only thing we are NOT looking forward is sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. Celebrity, please KEEP sailing from Port of Miami!!!!!!

I would just like to see variety. Andy's idea of 4/5/9 is a good one as it gives people a chance to cruise on Century on either very short or longer vacations. One or two of the ships doing Alaska in summer could mix Hawaii, full Panama Canal transits, and Mexican Riviera cruises in winter. There may be some efficiencies involved in repeating the same itinerary through an entire season, but I'd imagine it would be easier to sell out cruises if there were fewer opportunities at any given itinerary.

I personally think that the concentration of all but Mercury and Infinity (and Journey, of course) in the Caribbean for winter 2007-2008 was a mistake, as there isn't enough variety to attract itinerary-driven passengers. The old saying says variety is the spice of life. IMO it's the spice of cruising as well.

With all due respect to you, we have been sailing out of the Port of Miami since 1972 with an average of 2 cruises per year. The only time we have had any problems was this past December when we sailed on the Century and had to park very, very far. By contrast the only time we sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale, a couple of years ago in the Millenium it was HORRIBLE!!!!! It took us more than 2 hours to get out of the parking garage. We are sailing on the Summit in mid April and the only thing we are NOT looking forward is sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. Celebrity, please KEEP sailing from Port of Miami!!!!!!

So sorry about your poor experiences in FLL:(...I have sailed

from there for the past 3.5 years and have always had speedy

embarkation:)

I have always arrived at the port in the 10:30am range and

was on the ship before noon.:D

Disembarking? I have never driven...so can't say anything about that

part...but once off the ship cabs are plentiful and the airport is 10 minutes

away.

My 19 and 16 year olds have become fascinated with the Amsterdam/Norwegian Fiord 12 nighter. They also really want to do the Century again. So for my sake I hape this is available. They are also insisting on the FOV. When did I loose control of my vacation choices?

away.

Hi Lois !

I totally agree with everything you said. Believe me, it is not that bad Cruising out of Miami, but I simply have not had great experiences there. I will admit, that our Century sailing 3 weeks ago.... the embarkation was about as good as it gets, which was a total difference from our November sailing, which was about as BAD as it gets. Kudos to Celebrity for improving the Miami situation, but I still feel the terminal they use in Miami, is awful. I was looking forward to seeing if the disembarkation was any better, but as you know, we never disembarked in Miami, as we were only on the sailing for 1 1/2 days.

Also, it seems to me that those who fly into South Florida from the northeast, (and I am sure other regions too) pretty much have to fly into Ft Lauderdale. American is the dominant carrier in Miami, and every time I price fares for my family, the fares are MUCH higher than say a Jet Blue or Southwest.... not to mention the time and cost of transferring from Ft Lauderdale to/from Miami. Overall, I feel that Ft Lauderdale is a much better option than Miami. I truly hope Celebrity will listen, and make that change in 2008.

away.

Hi Lois!

Have a wonderful trip next month. Mom and I will be on Constellation in April for the T/A cruise. Hope you're doing well and maybe we will cross paths again sometime! :)

Cheers!

Stacey

ANDY:

Do you think the TA's will be the last to come out?

Hi DMK !

Usually, they are at or near the end of the list. Of course, that can change this year. I agree that Celebrity should try to get to them sooner, but I have a feeling they are the last piece of the puzzle to fit in.

Archived