Tell Me About Those Great Cabins Please!

seattlelover

Hi,

I'm after any snippets that folk would like to pass on...

The ship is Millenium...

Are there any (balcony) cabins which are a bit more spacious? Or have a bigger balcony? Or for one reason or another worth having.

Share your info pleassssse!

Thanks,

Bev

This list is posted frequently in this forum, so this seems a good place to lock it down.

Each of the following cabins on the Millennium Class ships (Millennium, Infinity, Constellation, Summit) has some particular benefit over its peers of the same class -- most often an oversized veranda, sometimes larger cabin or nicer decor. Not all of these differences are accurately reflected in any known deck plans.

SS-6131,6132,6145,6146

CC-9043,9038,9201,9164,9162,9160

CC-8045,8046,8185,8176,8172,8170

CC-7203,7212,7208,7206

CC-6135,6136,6143,6144

2A-8161,8146,9173,9138

2B-7049,7080,7163,7166,7171,7173,7175,7177,7174,7176, 7178,7180

2C- 6016,6018,6020,6021,6022,6023,6024,6025,6026,6027, 6029,6030,6031,6033,6035,6053,6048

This list is posted frequently in this forum, so this seems a good place to lock it down.

Each of the following cabins on the Millennium Class ships (Millennium, Infinity, Constellation, Summit) has some particular benefit over its peers of the same class -- most often an oversized veranda, sometimes larger cabin or nicer decor. Not all of these differences are accurately reflected in any known deck plans.

SS-6131,6132,6145,6146

CC-9043,9038,9201,9164,9162,9160

CC-8045,8046,8185,8176,8172,8170

CC-7203,7212,7208,7206

CC-6135,6136,6143,6144

2A-8161,8146,9173,9138

2B-7049,7080,7163,7166,7171,7173,7175,7177,7174,7176, 7178,7180

2C- 6016,6018,6020,6021,6022,6023,6024,6025,6026,6027, 6029,6030,6031,6033,6035,6053,6048

Thankyou. I did manage to find this list after I posted the message.

However keep them coming and thankyou for your replies.

Bev

Bev, I also wanted to let you know--someone gave me this tip, and I was glad to have it--that if you ask your cabin steward for one of the reclining deck chairs instead of a straight-backed chair on the day that you embark, you'll probably get it. We had one recliner and one straight back on our 2B balcony on a previous trip on a sister ship.

Have a great trip,

Donna

Bev, I also wanted to let you know--someone gave me this tip, and I was glad to have it--that if you ask your cabin steward for one of the reclining deck chairs instead of a straight-backed chair on the day that you embark, you'll probably get it. We had one recliner and one straight back on our 2B balcony on a previous trip on a sister ship.

Have a great trip,

Donna

Really? In a 2B? I've had it done in a Sky Suite (and with a big veranda) and of course the guy nexy to me in a regular veranda sized Sky Suite suddenly got "deck* envy" and had them give him one too. He looked odd with just one chair and a lounger squeezed onto his deck. This is on the M class.

Also, it wasn't the easiest of things to do. They balked at first, but my butler told us if we want it, then we want it and he called the asst. Dir. of Housekeeping (the person you need to go to for things like this, BTW)

* deck chair envy, of course! :rolleyes:

Wineguys, yes we were in 7145 on the Constellation. We didn't have room for two of the reclining chairs but had one of each type and the small table. Also, please see the photos above, and you'll see a reclining chair or two in those photos. We had been advised that our cabin steward would say that he needed to check, but he came through for us.

Have a great next cruise.

Donna

Really? In a 2B? I've had it done in a Sky Suite (and with a big veranda) and of course the guy nexy to me in a regular veranda sized Sky Suite suddenly got "deck* envy" and had them give him one too. He looked odd with just one chair and a lounger squeezed onto his deck. This is on the M class.

Also, it wasn't the easiest of things to do. They balked at first, but my butler told us if we want it, then we want it and he called the asst. Dir. of Housekeeping (the person you need to go to for things like this, BTW)

* deck chair envy, of course! :rolleyes:

Patrick, you are so funny....Jennifer

ROFLMAO Deck Envy

For the money you can't beat the verandas on the "sweet sixteen". These are the eight 2c cabins at the forward end of deck six on the M class ships. The balcony is exactly twice the depth of all other cabins. We had two loungers, two chairs and a table on ours with room to spare. Also, it is a very quiet place to be since there is so little traffic. We will always reserve one of these cabins from now on.

theduffys, are those the cabin numbers listed earlier in the thread? I think we're happy with our cabin assignment for our cruise in May, but I want to make a note of these for future cruises.

Donna

For the money you can't beat the verandas on the "sweet sixteen". These are the eight 2c cabins at the forward end of deck six on the M class ships. The balcony is exactly twice the depth of all other cabins. We had two loungers, two chairs and a table on ours with room to spare. Also, it is a very quiet place to be since there is so little traffic. We will always reserve one of these cabins from now on.

These details are good to know. I read that these were good verandahs, but didn't have the exact details. I'm in 6025. PERFECT!

These details are good to know. I read that these were good verandahs, but didn't have the exact details. I'm in 6025. PERFECT!

6030 and its counterpart on the port side are best because there is no veranda aft of the cabin. The veranda sticks out about 10 feet and the verandas aft are recessed because of the lifeboats. We had 6030 last fall and it was great.

Anyone know?

What is that thing on the balcony of the Penthouse Suite....

(not the hot tub)... that goes down into the deck of the balcony?

There are stairs.

I keep seeing it....

and I don't know what it is.

Thanks.

Anyone know?

What is that thing on the balcony of the Penthouse Suite....

(not the hot tub)... that goes down into the deck of the balcony?

There are stairs.

I keep seeing it....

and I don't know what it is.

Thanks.

Boo's Mom - I think what you are referring to really are stairs. They are used for emergencies. We had the good fortune to secure an upgrade to one of the PH Suites on Summit the day of embarkation on a previous cruise. Just aft of the hot tub is a set of stairs that go down to lower decks. The stairs are "railed in" and are used for emergencies.

Boo's Mom - I think what you are referring to really are stairs. They are used for emergencies. We had the good fortune to secure an upgrade to one of the PH Suites on Summit the day of embarkation on a previous cruise. Just aft of the hot tub is a set of stairs that go down to lower decks. The stairs are "railed in" and are used for emergencies.

OK. Thanks, mocruiseguy.

So, what are some thoughts on the PH suite?

OK. Thanks' date=' mocruiseguy. [/b']

So, what are some thoughts on the PH suite?

Not worth the money! I would feel so guilty about spending all my money I would feel compelled to never leave the cabin. Now, a Royal Suite is a WHOLE different story. I keep checking the Celebrity website praying that someone suddenly last minute cancels a RS on my Century TA...but I know better.

But, stranger things have happened. I was booked into a 9th Floor CC class on the Connie (the ones with the overhang) and suddenly, 2 weeks before a XMAS cruise, SS6132 came available in the middle of the night. I grabbed it. Serendipity happens....

OK, I have to ask. How's the ride in the aft cabins during a rough sea? Also, are you unhappy with the loss of view both in and out of port? Thanks

good question.

I'd like to hear some responses to this, as well. :)

The ride in aft cabins is just fine -- I've had two aft cabins and once I was in the bow, and I have to say that it was much bumpier in the bow.

As for the view, well, I am a great fan of a ship's wake (the sight and sound of it mesmerizes me) and I loved standing or sitting out there at all hours and just soaking it all in. Dolphins and porpoise love to follow a ship, and they are likely to be seen at daybreak and again at sunset. I found them very entertaining.:)