Tell Me About Those Great Cabins Please!

seattlelover

Thanks this does help. I can see there is the small jog which doesn't show on the deck plans that give the extra space to the sweet sixteen balconies and the two angled ones are a separate opportunity.

Now we have to decide if it is worth it!

The "sweet 16" on the M class ships have larger balconies, but the room is smaller, about 170 square feet. The CC rooms at the stern and 6135, 6136, 6143 and 6144, have the larger balconies; and, they are about 20-25 square feet larger in the room than the sweet 16.

Question #1: My wife has trouble with arthritis and has difficulty making it up steps. We just returned from an NCL cruise wherein the ship had a six or seven inch step up into the bathroom. She could not handle it. The wonderful ship's carpenter built her a special little wooden step turning the overly large single step into two small steps.

We are booked into a Sky Suite (6131) on the Constellation for an 11 day up-the-coast to Canada cruise in September. Can anyone tell us? Are there any steps from the cabin/suite floor up into the bathroom on the Celebrity Constellation?

Question #2: We like to have daily breakfast in our cabin/suite. The Sky Suite seems to have only a smallish, round, glass coffee table in the suite. I had heard that that table had an adjustable center post/leg which permitted it to be raised to eating table height if desired. A pretty small table, but at least usable if raised up to normal table height.

Has anyone stayed in a Sky Suite on the Constellation (maybe even #6131)? Can you answer my questions #1 and #2?

The "sweet 16" on the M class ships have larger balconies, but the room is smaller, about 170 square feet. The CC rooms at the stern and 6135, 6136, 6143 and 6144, have the larger balconies; and, they are about 20-25 square feet larger in the room than the sweet 16.

Don't forget the aft cabins are all CC! HAve similar rooms, but those large balconies.

Driker: consider the handicapped cabins for your SO , you don't have to be in a wheelchair to be handicapped, those baths are a huge problem to us w/cane and balance problems, no safety bars for showers and hand pulls for toilets either. Roll in baths & showers are in the Handicapped rooms...

OK, I have to ask. How's the ride in the aft cabins during a rough sea? Also, are you unhappy with the loss of view both in and out of port? Thanks

actually the views while leaving a port are some of the best when in an aft cabin. I cant compare the ride, sense I am always in an aft cabin.. :D sorry..

actually the views while leaving a port are some of the best when in an aft cabin. I cant compare the ride, sense I am always in an aft cabin.. :D sorry..

The FV's are wraparound so you can see side and forward. Even the middle aft you can see in both directions vs one side or another. I think aft movement is overstated. On a recent Alaska cruise I was involved in a cabin crawl during rough weather and the front of the ship was the worst.

Preston

If it's affordable, go with a Sky Suite on Sports Deck (Deck 12). We had 5 Sky Suites this past April on the Century (1210, 1212, 1218, 1220, and 1230) and they were wonderful! The balconies were absolutely HUGE!. And having a butler was very nice. The location of the Sky Suites was perfect.

Go for it!

But SS 1200 and 1201 (the first cabin from midship) balconies are NOT the huge ones. Only 67 sq ft. Two loungers opened out give you no feet room to stand. I made that mistake. Got all excited that I'd gotten a deck 12 Sky Suite. But it was a disappointment to see that our cabin, from the hall was recessed with a turn in the hall way. Since something had to go, it was the size of the balcony. We peeked over the railing to see what our next door neighbor had, and it was the huge one. Sniff.

Thanks JackDiamond for pointing out the cabin size difference. I guess that as we are struggling with the decision whether to go for a veranda the larger CC cabin size is probably not a determining factor for us.

We just got off a Princess ship from a short west coast trip with a veranda. As the two sea days were cold and foggy it didn't really help us with the decision. We really enjoyed the extra daylight and view but whether we would actually sit out on it in South Pacific we haven't yet decided. I think we would but....

It's funny how we all have our favorites. I just booked a cruise today that is almost 2 years away to secure my beloved 6143. The balcony is fantastic for the CC price.

We are going to be in 6143 on the Summit in a couple of months. We are so excited. Would you happen to have any photos of the cabin and the balcony??

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

We are going to be in 6143 on the Summit in a couple of months. We are so excited. Would you happen to have any photos of the cabin and the balcony??

I had cabin 6143 on Infinity, Summit and Millie also 6144 on Connie. It’s a great cabin in a great location of the ship. I just posted these pictures of 6143 from Summit in October 2004 just before it was converted from a 1A to a CC. It’s likely that a larger table and pads for the balcony chairs were added then. The cabin shot is a little dark and for some reason we took only of few pictures of it then. You’ll really enjoy the room and location.

2016739050102994448S600x600Q85.jpg

2082156740102994448S600x600Q85.jpg

Happy sailing!:)

2082156740102994448S600x600Q85.jpg

Hello, X-Cruiser. We are off on the Millenium to Canada this coming September. My wife and I enjoy having a leisurely breakfast in our cabin/suite each morning, but we are concerned about a table on which to eat that breakfast. We will be in a Sky Suite.

That round glass table in the picture is certainly small, but it could be used if it is high enough. THAT'S THE QUESTION! Someone has told me that those little round tables have an adjustable center column which allows them to be raised to normal table height. Do you know if that is true?

Dick & Kay from Southampton

(The one without the beach!)

Hi nycglitter, here's another post with some pictures of 6143 :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=716855

On one of our next sailings, we were able to change our regular CC cabin for 6136. I guess the only difference is the connecting door we will have, but so had the other one. It will be nice to have those two loungers on that nice teak deck.;)

I had cabin 6143 on Infinity, Summit and Millie also 6144 on Connie. It’s a great cabin in a great location of the ship. I just posted these pictures of 6143 from Summit in October 2004 just before it was converted from a 1A to a CC. It’s likely that a larger table and pads for the balcony chairs were added then. The cabin shot is a little dark and for some reason we took only of few pictures of it then. You’ll really enjoy the room and location.

Thanks so much for the pictures! I am VERY excited now, but also had one more question... I was hoping we would have lounge chairs and a larger table to have breakfast/meals on our balcony. Do you think they have them now, or would they bring them for us?

Hi nycglitter' date=' here's another post with some pictures of 6143 :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=716855

On one of our next sailings, we were able to change our regular CC cabin for 6136. I guess the only difference is the connecting door we will have, but so had the other one. It will be nice to have those two loungers on that nice teak deck.;)[/quote']

Thanks so much for the link! I can't get enough pictures! :)

Thanks so much for the pictures! I am VERY excited now, but also had one more question... I was hoping we would have lounge chairs and a larger table to have breakfast/meals on our balcony. Do you think they have them now, or would they bring them for us?

Thanks so much for the link! I can't get enough pictures! :)

You should have the larger balcony table along with the small one in the picture I posted. The same chairs with cushions but not the loungers. Millie was the only M-Class ship that had lounger’s standard in that cabin and that was what was pictured in the link on Cote d’or’s post. Millie didn’t have the full canvas cover over the balcony so with sun exposure they had the loungers. We enjoyed the balcony much more on the other M-Class ships not only because of the cover but without the loungers you had more room to move the table and chairs around to enjoy the views. Also you have some privacy from the cabins above you.

You can ask for the loungers but likely they will say they can’t due to safety reasons. On Millie we found out why that is as we had 40 knot headwinds for two days and one of our loungers wanted to go airborne and kept slamming into the balcony divider. We had to move them in closer to the cabin but than we could enjoy the balcony.

I have more pictures of this cabin on the other M-Class ships and they are all pretty much the same so I can post some if you’d like.

Hello, X-Cruiser. We are off on the Millenium to Canada this coming September. My wife and I enjoy having a leisurely breakfast in our cabin/suite each morning, but we are concerned about a table on which to eat that breakfast. We will be in a Sky Suite.

That round glass table in the picture is certainly small, but it could be used if it is high enough. THAT'S THE QUESTION! Someone has told me that those little round tables have an adjustable center column which allows them to be raised to normal table height. Do you know if that is true?

Dick & Kay from Southampton

(The one without the beach!)

If you have a sky suite things will be deferent as to the breakfast service but the tables inside the CC rooms do adjust to height. They are small to eat off of but we have never found a need to adjust them that way per the height of the seating.

You should have the larger balcony table along with the small one in the picture I posted. The same chairs with cushions but not the loungers. Millie was the only M-Class ship that had lounger’s standard in that cabin and that was what was pictured in the link on Cote d’or’s post. Millie didn’t have the full canvas cover over the balcony so with sun exposure they had the loungers.

You can ask for the loungers but likely they will say they can’t due to safety reasons.

Hi Xcruiser, here's another link with a picture of stateroom 6135 on the Summit, with the loungers :

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1502360061061635310sRDQQL

So now we really don't know what to expect. We will be in 6136, so the veranda will be fully covered and no sun exposure ?

Hi Xcruiser' date=' here's another link with a picture of stateroom 6135 on the Summit, with the loungers :

So now we really don't know what to expect. We will be in 6136, so the veranda will be fully covered and no sun exposure ?[/quote']

This picture is what I was thinking our balcony would look and be equipped like. I really was looking forward to the lounger! I am hoping I don't have to carry one down from the pool deck! LOL:eek:

Hi Xcruiser' date=' here's another link with a picture of stateroom 6135 on the Summit, with the loungers :

So now we really don't know what to expect. We will be in 6136, so the veranda will be fully covered and no sun exposure ?[/quote']

Hi Cote d’or:) , I’m a little confused by the picture in that link as well.:confused: That seems to show the balcony only partially covered but more so than on Millie. I was really referring to cabin 6143 just a few cabins aft of 6135. I know when I was on it in October 2004 cabin 6143 had no loungers and was fully covered as was the case on Infinity and Connie. I downloaded another shot I took looking down the rail towards Cabin 6135 on Summit and it looks fully covered to me per below:

2936458250102994448S600x600Q85.jpg

I have another shot from above that seems to show the same. Hope this helps.

Hi Cote d’or:) , I’m a little confused by the picture in that link as well.:confused: That seems to show the balcony only partially covered but more so than on Millie. I was really referring to cabin 6143 just a few cabins aft of 6135. I know when I was on it in October 2004 cabin 6143 had no loungers and was fully covered as was the case on Infinity and Connie. I downloaded another shot I took looking down the rail towards Cabin 6135 on Summit and it looks fully covered to me per below:

I have another shot from above that seems to show the same. Hope this helps.

Now I am really confused. I was told that we had partial coverage on the balcony and the rest was open. Your picture looks like it is all covered. It is a photo of 6143 on the Summit, right?

I know I should just wait to see what it looks like when I get on the ship but I am getting antsy about the trip and daydreaming helps!

Now I am really confused. I was told that we had partial coverage on the balcony and the rest was open. Your picture looks like it is all covered. It is a photo of 6143 on the Summit, right?

I know I should just wait to see what it looks like when I get on the ship but I am getting antsy about the trip and daydreaming helps!

Yes that is taken from the balcony of 6143 on Summit and like I said it’s the same on all other M-Class ships except Millie which is only partially covered. I’ve had that room on all four now (really the mirror cabin 6144 on Connie) so I’m sure of that.

As for the loungers they might have added them since I was on, but only Millie had them on our sailings. One thing to keep in mind is these balconies stick out from the cabins above. On Millie we had everyone above looking down on us so there was no privacy. We didn’t tend to use the full balcony as much as I didn’t want to scare anyone above me when I stepped out early in the morning.:eek:

We found the loungers on Millie got in our way and made the balcony feel much smaller than the other ships without them but thats just how we felt.

Hope this helps:)

Yes that is taken from the balcony of 6143 on Summit and like I said it’s the same on all other M-Class ships except Millie which is only partially covered. I’ve had that room on all four now (really the mirror cabin 6144 on Connie) so I’m sure of that.

As for the loungers they might have added them since I was on, but only Millie had them on our sailings. One thing to keep in mind is these balconies stick out from the cabins above. On Millie we had everyone above looking down on us so there was no privacy. We didn’t tend to use the full balcony as much as I didn’t want to scare anyone above me when I stepped out early in the morning.:eek:

We found the loungers on Millie got in our way and made the balcony feel much smaller than the other ships without them but thats just how we felt.

Hope this helps:)

Yes- very helpful, thank you!

I fully intend to scare the other passengers when I step out in the morning!;) I don't mind if the space feels small if I can stretch out and enjoy the outdoors from the semi-privacy of my own balcony!

Thanks again!