Tell Me About Those Great Cabins Please!

seattlelover

Would love to hear about this cabin as we have it booked for our upcoming cruise. I know it's one of the "sweet" ones, but would really like to hear what people who stayed in it liked and disliked about it.

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa

We had 9201 on the infinity through the Panama Canal, there was only one down side that was the noise of scraping chairs and tables from aft deck but you could put up with this for all the good points, 8185 will not have this trouble as it has a cabin above and below

David

We have # 1042 on the Galaxy for upcoming Mediterranean trip. Since everyone else has been posting about Sky Suites and Penthouses, perhaps no one knows this cabin......but I'd like some input if anyone has stayed there. It is on Penthouse Deck, across (meaning inside!!) from a suite. Are we doomed to darkness and poverty? Will we be shunned by the butler across the hall? :)

We like the middle of the ship and are looking at SS 9111, 9117, 9121, 9123 on Deck 9 or SS 8117, 8121, 8125, 8127 on Deck 8 on the Millennium.

If anyone has stayed in these and can provide comments it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing on the Constellation in March '08' and whilst I couldn't get one of my much loved Aft CC cabins, I have been lucky to get 6135 and a 'sweet 16' 2C for our friends (their first Celebrity experience)

Thanks to this great post we awere able to see that both cabins had a larger than normal balcony. Now I'm wondering if this post can come up trumps again for me.

There is a terrific link to some 'external view' photos of the sweet 16s with all of the cabins numbered so that you can see at a glance which is 'your cabin'. Our friends are delighted to see theirs.....but poor old me in 6135 can't seem to find any photos or links to see our cabin.

Does anyone have any photos of views taken from either the port or perhaps the decks above, which would show us where our cabin was and how it looks from outside.

Many thanks in advance and THANK YOU again fro all this great info.

Happycruzer

We like the middle of the ship and are looking at SS 9111, 9117, 9121, 9123 on Deck 9 or SS 8117, 8121, 8125, 8127 on Deck 8 on the Millennium.

If anyone has stayed in these and can provide comments it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I'd definitely recommend picking a cabin on Deck 8 for the quiet since you're sandwiched between two decks that both have cabins. If you're on Deck 9, the deck above you has the pools and restaurants which contribute to lots of scraping chairs and noise at all hours from what I've read. Not for me, thanks!

(also, I think the cabins on Deck 9 have an overhang from the deck above that some people find objectionable as it blocks the sun or even a view of the sky if you want to look up)

I am thinking about the Century 5-day Caribbean in January. Any particulary wonderful cabins? We usually do a regular balcony, but the prices are good enough to book a CC, or perhaps a Century Suite (Category NS -- aft) or Sky Suite. Anybody been in any of these? All of the Century Suites (Penthouse Deck) except the 2 outside ones are available. There are Sky Suites available on both the Penthouse Deck and the Sports Deck. There is also one of the new Sunset Suites (with the smaller balcony) available. Has anyone been in any of these? Any recommendations?

We were in 3 of the "sweet sixteen" on the Connie in April. DH and I were in 6018; DM & DF were in 6020; and my cousin and her husband were in 6022. The balconies are about 3x the size of the ordinary balcony cabins. When we met our steward, DH asked if it would be possible to get 2 deck chairs the next day. Jose said he would have to check, and lo and behold, we had 2 deck chairs the next day! Plus we still had room for the 2 regular chairs and table.

I am thinking about the Century 5-day Caribbean in January. Any particulary wonderful cabins? We usually do a regular balcony, but the prices are good enough to book a CC, or perhaps a Century Suite (Category NS -- aft) or Sky Suite. Anybody been in any of these? All of the Century Suites (Penthouse Deck) except the 2 outside ones are available. There are Sky Suites available on both the Penthouse Deck and the Sports Deck. There is also one of the new Sunset Suites (with the smaller balcony) available. Has anyone been in any of these? Any recommendations?

We were in 3 of the "sweet sixteen" on the Connie in April. DH and I were in 6018; DM & DF were in 6020; and my cousin and her husband were in 6022. The balconies are about 3x the size of the ordinary balcony cabins. When we met our steward, DH asked if it would be possible to get 2 deck chairs the next day. Jose said he would have to check, and lo and behold, we had 2 deck chairs the next day! Plus we still had room for the 2 regular chairs and table.

If it's affordable, go with a Sky Suite on Sports Deck (Deck 12). We had 5 Sky Suites this past April on the Century (1210, 1212, 1218, 1220, and 1230) and they were wonderful! The balconies were absolutely HUGE!. And having a butler was very nice. The location of the Sky Suites was perfect.

Go for it!

Are they all the same size? Looking at the pictures that SailAway78 posted, it seems to me that 6030 is a bit smaller. Maybe it is an optical illusion, but I do see more space in the balconys of the other Sweet cabins.

We have 6035 booked for a B2B, which would be the same as 6030.

Jazzbo,

We were in a sky suite (1204) on the Century Sports Deck this past April. Great room, butler service, and fantastic huge balcony. When these are offered at a good price (and they were when we booked it in December or November 2006) they are a great deal. Those balconies make it all worthwhile.

David

• 1 month later...

We finally got an Aft CC stateroom. On our 11 night Constellation cruise in November we will have #8170, I hope it is a nice as other say it is. We are looking forward to having a verandah that is really large enough to dine on and relax on.

We have 8170 on the Constellation for our cruise to Canada and New England in September and for a Caribbean cruise in December. It's our first time with an aft CC cabin, and we are very much looking forward to it!

Cynthia & Ivan

Pomona, NY

I have 8170 on Constellation in September 2008 for a Transatlantic. jerseygirl3, I'll try to remember to leave you a note somewhere:) , but anything more substantial will probably disappear as I found out in 7208 on Connie in March.:( The balconies are truly huge:cool:

Phil

I wouldn't mind finding a bottle of Bombay Sapphire hidden away under the lifejacKets!!!

LOL! There's me thinking I could get away with a note........;) The urge to take the bottle of Bombay Sapphire with me when leaving the cabin would be too great I fear. I'll leave you a shot glass instead. Not the same, but it's going to be my best offer:)

Phil

This list is posted frequently in this forum, so this seems a good place to lock it down.

Each of the following cabins on the Millennium Class ships (Millennium, Infinity, Constellation, Summit) has some particular benefit over its peers of the same class -- most often an oversized veranda, sometimes larger cabin or nicer decor. Not all of these differences are accurately reflected in any known deck plans.

SS-6131,6132,6145,6146

Has anyone every stayed in 6126 or 6132? Does 6132 have more room space and a larger veranda or it is just the verdana having more space.?

If anyone know please advise. Both cabins are open. Someoner earlier said 6131 & 6132 were good cabin. If someone knows let us know. So we can change our booking

Thank you

Chuck & Q

Has anyone stayed in or near cabin 04-7001 on the Millennium? We are new to Cruise Critic (signed up earlier, but just started trying to use these boards . . . not really sure how, but . . . ) This is our first time on the Millennium. When we signed up there were not a lot of choices, but we've been told some may become available that we could change to. I copied the list about cabins, but haven't seen anything about 04-7001. If anyone knows, it would be very helpful. Thanks. Pam

Eazo, click on this search link of 7001. There are quite a few posts about it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=6325749

Disregard the fact that they relate to Constellation/Millennium/Infinity/Summit. They have the same layout on each of these ships.

Phil

Phil, Thanks. I tried it, but it said no matches. I did find someone, somehow in looking through posts who said they had the one next to it and really liked it. I am so new to this kind of "boards, threads" thing, that I just hope that I see and respond to the messages people leave for me. It is somewhat daunting. I've learned so much though and am excited to be able to "try" to learn more on here. Thanks again for any help. It's appreciated. Pam