Tell Me About Those Great Cabins Please!

seattlelover

Hi , just wondering if anyone knows whether cabins 8172 or 7208 on Millennium class ships, are next to the area where the cabin stewards keep their trolley/cart etc. If so is there any problems because of this. Will we had a linen cart stuck outside our door 24/7. We had 8185 on the Summit and had no problems, but I'm now thinking that the cart was outside a cabin further along the little corridor and might be outside either of these cabins.

Thanks for any info.

Happycruzer

Any good words to say about 9024 or the nearby cabins -- on the forward portion of the Sky Deck on the Millennium? Looks like the cabin is directly beneath the Hair Salon on the Resort Deck; hopefully, we shouldn't get too much overhead noise.

have booked my second Celebrity Cruise. Having previously sailed on a comeptitor, I didnt really have any ambition to cruise again. However, I did go on a Carribean cruise on Century and loved it. Now I am hooked on Celebrity!

I just booked a cruise on 12/2 from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale. I am in a Sky Suite. The suite I have is 8125. I do realize that it is a handicap accesible suite. While I don't need it to be, I have been told it is a larger suite than normal. Two questions that I have that make me want to switch cabins:

Does the suite have a sitting area with sofa and chairs? Does it really not have a tub?

From the deck layouts, I can see that it is next to the outside glass elevators. I have been told by friends that anyone riding in the elevator can see directly onto the veranda. Is this true?

Any information that anyone can provide relative to this cruise, ports, cabin, ship, etc. would me MUCH appreciated. Thanks in advance. Joe

• 1 month later...
I'd definitely recommend picking a cabin on Deck 8 for the quiet since you're sandwiched between two decks that both have cabins. If you're on Deck 9, the deck above you has the pools and restaurants which contribute to lots of scraping chairs and noise at all hours from what I've read. Not for me, thanks!quote]

You're scaring me! We're booked in FV 9156. Any cruisers out there have direct experience...how's the noise from above in the aft cabins on deck 9?

Flogbogger,

I was in FV 9156 on the Constellation for fourteen days and don't recall being bothered by any noise. 9156 is a corner aft with a fabulous veranda. Here is a picture of the aft cabins taken by the Simons:http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/gallery/2513636#132359580-L-LB

Enjoy your cruise and that great cabin!

Flogblogger: you will have some overhead noise in that cabin. Also, you may experience some water coming over your awning on the balcony, due to the crew mopping the floor (usually in the early morning). The FV's are really one of the best bargains, IMO.

We had 8166, and our friends had 9156, and this is what they experienced.

We also had an FV on deck 7, and found the balcony area a little larger lengthwise on deck 7 than on deck 8.

We booked 8059 on the Constellation. What a fantastic cabin. Spent my share of time on our balcony enjoying the days at sea. Always nice to have breakfast on our balcony. :D

Noise wasn't bad at all. Slept soundly with no problems. We did the 11 day Western Caribbean Cruise. Had a great time.

This list is posted frequently in this forum, so this seems a good place to lock it down.

Each of the following cabins on the Millennium Class ships (Millennium, Infinity, Constellation, Summit) has some particular benefit over its peers of the same class -- most often an oversized veranda, sometimes larger cabin or nicer decor. Not all of these differences are accurately reflected in any known deck plans.

SS-6131,6132,6145,6146

CC-9043,9038,9201,9164,9162,9160

CC-8045,8046,8185,8176,8172,8170

CC-7203,7212,7208,7206

CC-6135,6136,6143,6144

2A-8161,8146,9173,9138

2B-7049,7080,7163,7166,7171,7173,7175,7177,7174,7176, 7178,7180

2C- 6016,6018,6020,6021,6022,6023,6024,6025,6026,6027, 6029,6030,6031,6033,6035,6053,6048

Any particular reason besides a typo that 6028 is omitted from this list?

This may have already been asked, but I just booked one of the sweet 16 rooms on the constellation, My question is being as these decks are so much larger, why don't they charge extra? I mean everything else is based on location and size, why not these? Is the room smaller or something? really curious! It almost seems to good to be true

We had one of these last Dec. on the Summit. The cabin is exactly the same size as all the other 2c cabins. The veranda is just about twice the size though. We got our room steward to bring us 2 loungers. We also had the usual 2 chairs and small table and there was plenty of room. The other advantage is that since it is forward there is very little foot traffic in the hallway. We will always try to book one of the cabins from now on!! Since they are the cheapest of the balcony cabins they are the best value around. You will love it!!!

We had one of these last Dec. on the Summit. The cabin is exactly the same size as all the other 2c cabins. The veranda is just about twice the size though. We got our room steward to bring us 2 loungers. We also had the usual 2 chairs and small table and there was plenty of room. The other advantage is that since it is forward there is very little foot traffic in the hallway. We will always try to book one of the cabins from now on!! Since they are the cheapest of the balcony cabins they are the best value around. You will love it!!!

Thank you so much for responding, I had changed to deck 8 but when I found this "secret" I had to change. I have been on the Nordam complete aft which had a huge deck, so I was kind of scared about getting such a small deck on the constellation. I was pretty spoiled by hal and could not imagine having a smaller deck than what the Nordam had offered that was standard. I am so very thankful to this board:D

have booked my second Celebrity Cruise. Having previously sailed on a comeptitor, I didnt really have any ambition to cruise again. However, I did go on a Carribean cruise on Century and loved it. Now I am hooked on Celebrity!

I just booked a cruise on 12/2 from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale. I am in a Sky Suite. The suite I have is 8125. I do realize that it is a handicap accesible suite. While I don't need it to be, I have been told it is a larger suite than normal. Two questions that I have that make me want to switch cabins:

Does the suite have a sitting area with sofa and chairs? Does it really not have a tub?

From the deck layouts, I can see that it is next to the outside glass elevators. I have been told by friends that anyone riding in the elevator can see directly onto the veranda. Is this true?

Any information that anyone can provide relative to this cruise, ports, cabin, ship, etc. would me MUCH appreciated. Thanks in advance. Joe

Handicap rooms have other differences besides the space. They have wheel-in showers instead of a bathtub, the sink is lowered, and there are other features designed for people who have impaired mobility.

Some able-bodied people don't like those different features, so be advised. Also be advised that Celebrity can bump you if someone comes along who actually needs the handicap features and wants to buy a SS.

I'm trying to switch to cabin 7163, as it was mentioned in a very early post as being a good one. The online deck plan shows it having a bigger balcony. Has anyone stayed there? Just wondering if it has wind problems and/or if you lose inside cabin space.

Also, I have never had a balcony cabin before. Are the railings open or is there some sort of barrier (i.e. plexiglass) to prevent going overboard? We'll be traveling with our one year old son.

Thanks!

Hi aaklang,

I don't know anything about 7163, but 6053 has a standard-sized balcony (all of which have plexiglass barriers). I had 6053 orginally reserved in an upcoming cruise, then switched to a cabin nearer the front. Only later, by reading this thread, did I discover that I had switched to one of the "sweet 16" larger-balcony cabins!:D (I only wanted to be closer to the front, and not hanging over a lifeboat, which 6053 did.) You do not lose any cabin space, regardless of balcony size.

Hope this helps...

Have a great cruise!

For anyone interested we just transferred to another sailing and gave up aft cabin 7206 for the Summit, May 11, 2008 Med cruise. We were n cabin 7206 in April for the Panama Canal cruise and loved it! Good Luck:)

For anyone interested we just transferred to another sailing and gave up aft cabin 7206 for the Summit, May 11, 2008 Med cruise. We were n cabin 7206 in April for the Panama Canal cruise and loved it! Good Luck:)

I totally agree had 9201 going through Panama Canal March, 7201 FOV Aft Transatlantic Millenium 2nd Dec

nps001 i see you are with us have you signed up for party I believe you know Jim_Iain Web site

Daffydd

This may have already been asked, but I just booked one of the sweet 16 rooms on the constellation, My question is being as these decks are so much larger, why don't they charge extra? I mean everything else is based on location and size, why not these? Is the room smaller or something? really curious! It almost seems to good to be true

My only is guess is that these rooms are at the VERY front of the ship. Cruisers seem to prefer being midship. We loved being in 6018 and I would book it over a midship, small balcony anyday :) The balcony really is SO much bigger I am suprised they don't charge more too! Jayna K

• 2 weeks later...

Wow what a great thread.

We have just booked a 2C cabin for the Summit in August and our tour operator told us that we could have one at the front with a bigger balcony. Lo and behold we have 6030 - sounds absolutely perfect - especially as there will be 4 of us in our cabin. Myself, my husband and two teenage girls.

Sounds like there will be plenty of room for us all to hang out on the balcony

Tammy

Wow what a great thread.

We have just booked a 2C cabin for the Summit in August and our tour operator told us that we could have one at the front with a bigger balcony. Lo and behold we have 6030 - sounds absolutely perfect - especially as there will be 4 of us in our cabin. Myself, my husband and two teenage girls.

Sounds like there will be plenty of room for us all to hang out on the balcony

Tammy

We just returned from the Constellation transatlantic this morning. We were in 6035 and loved the huge balcony. Plenty of room for two loungers which we requested and received. We would book that stateroom again in a second. The stateroom itself is the same size as a standard 2C category room. It's that wonderful balcony that makes the difference.

Hi , just wondering if anyone knows whether cabins 8172 or 7208 on Millennium class ships, are next to the area where the cabin stewards keep their trolley/cart etc. If so is there any problems because of this. Will we had a linen cart stuck outside our door 24/7. We had 8185 on the Summit and had no problems, but I'm now thinking that the cart was outside a cabin further along the little corridor and might be outside either of these cabins.

Thanks for any info.

Happycruzer

On the M Ships, the storage area for the carts as well as sheets etc. is between rooms 7203, 8185, and 9201 and 7212, 8176 and 9164. The inside cabin is across from the rooms they mentioned. The cart is parked there during the morning change of sheets and the dinner time fresh up. While the cabin stewards are not on duty, it would be normally stored. So yes, you do get some more activity outside these rooms.