Tell Me About Those Great Cabins Please!

seattlelover

• 2 weeks later...

In the Royal Suites, something most people don't notice until they get in is that if you have one of the suites that are next to another RS with a hot tub on the deck, two of them are together, and if you are enjoying your hot tub, it can sometimes not be as private if the one next to you is also using theirs. I try for the one that has the hot tub on the other side of the deck....more privacy and quieter.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from a Panama Canal Cruise on the Infiniti and loved it. There are two things to be aware of. If you book a CC room next to a Celebrity Suite ----even though the plans don't show it, the balcony has a triangle shape to it - therefore one person must sit at an angle - and the balcony is smaller. (it's because of the way the Celebrity suite has the round windows that causes the change. The second thing is that you have no privacy on the suite - since the Celebrity suite round window look right out on your verandah. You have a partition on the other side - but not facing the suite.

]

Just some thoughts - we usually book CC suites on level 9 for several reasons - 1. it's only a deck up to the pool and buffet levels, and the areas are quet at night. 2. Although you are under the large overhang - which some people don't like - we like it - since we can't get a sunburn - and on the recent cruise - we could sit on the balcony when it was raining and stayed dry and enjoyed the seas.

progress.gif

We are looking at room 1241 for a January cruise. Is the room/balcony any different from the rooms on the Penthouse floor? In the diagram the balcony looks larger.

Thanks!;)

1241 has a balcony about two and a half times the size of a normal CC balcony. The room is the same size. Be aware that the open part of your balcony can be looked on from the walking deck above (it's pretty quiet), the room is next to a basketball court which may or may not be heavily used according to the cruise you are on and the cabin has an adjoining door to the Sky Suite next door, which may once again be a non-issue depending upon your neighbour. I was in 1200 on sister ship Mercury. This has a slightly larger balcony because of the configuration, but it's a great spot. Not far from the pool area and straight down the elevators to the cafe and dining areas.

If you do a site search of "1241" on the Celebrity boards, there is quite a bit of commentary on this cabin.

Phil

Hello to all....hopefully someone can help me. I am on the Millennium 1/08, and staying in SS 6126. I know that the balcony is bigger. Are there any other things about this cabin that are good to know?

I previously sailed this year in one of the new SS that were added to the Century, and while a bit smal, I loved it.

Any other information or pics would be MOST appreciated.

Also, is there any information on what nights are formal on a 7 night cruise? I want to book the specialty restaurant, but I would rather do so on a casual night.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

We are booked in cabin 7143 Infinity for a 14 day cruise to South America in Jan.

It appears to be larger than other cat 2b cabins .

I guess they give out these cabins close to the sail date when they have not been booked for handicapped passengers?

Has anyone stayed in this cabin?

• 1 month later...

Ok, read this whole thread from start to finish....and am totally LOST IN TRANSLATION at the end.

"kewlguy" says he took the transatlantic on the Connie and LOVED the spacious room on the deck in 6035. BUUUUTTT...there is no spacious deck in 6035. It is 6053 that has the big deck. (Yeah Yeah I know, lucky for 6053!).

Then, "Ricky Chan" says "I hope my 6030 is as spacious as 6035", which, technically, it is, but that's not the POINT!

After which, "jerseygirl3" says "Yup, exactly the same, different side of the ship" even further complicating matters.

Such a helpful post gone wrong.....:cool: :eek: :( :confused: :D

Several people mentioned that they had 8170 booked for upcoming cruises. we were in that cabin on our last connie cruise and we loved it. Balcony was fabulous and the extra square footage in the cabin was nice too! we had breakfast on the balcony every day. all aft's were booked for our upcoming cruise so we have a sweet 16 booked. Probably would not switch now as there is a 1000.00 difference in frice right now.

Someone mentioned the afts on the Noordam. We had one in Oct. Not nearly as nice as the Celebrity afts. No nice table to have breakfast on etc. You could drag the one from the cabin out but seemed like too much trouble. We did like the interior of the cabin though. Loved the bed and bathroom.

We had 8170 on our last two 2007 connie cruises also (Canada/New England and New Years Caribbean). Great cabin and HUGE balcony ... held three lounge chairs end to end. We have picked mid-ships cabins (8100) for our next two X cruises as it is becoming a bit difficult for my husband to walk long distances. We will certainly miss 8170!

Cynthia

Pomona, NY

We had one of those larger balconies in a regular non- suite room and asked for chaise loungers on the first day from our room steward and they quickly brought us two of them.:)

Really? In a 2B? I've had it done in a Sky Suite (and with a big veranda) and of course the guy nexy to me in a regular veranda sized Sky Suite suddenly got "deck* envy" and had them give him one too. He looked odd with just one chair and a lounger squeezed onto his deck. This is on the M class.

Also, it wasn't the easiest of things to do. They balked at first, but my butler told us if we want it, then we want it and he called the asst. Dir. of Housekeeping (the person you need to go to for things like this, BTW)

* deck chair envy, of course! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

:D....ok, now I'm all excited about the whole cabin issue...!!! Just e-mailed my wonderful TA to see if any of those CC cabins are available for the April 29th cruise on Summit...!!! There will be 3 of us in this CC cabin...we all LOVE patios/verandas...and my DD and I are already thinking about having "breakfast on the veranda"....!!! (or...a wee bit of a nip...in the evening...;)) Thanks so much for all the great information....

• 3 months later...

I am trying to understand the verandahs on the Millennium.

Can someone clarify why 6030 and 6035 are different from the others in this section. On the deck plan they look the same. 6046 and 6051 appear not to have verandahs fully adjoining the adjacent verandahs. 6048 and 6053 look as though they should be larger. I think I am missing something.

At the moment we have a regular Oceanview cabin booked for Honolulu to Auckland. Trying to decide whether to stretch the budget for a verandah. Ideal would be a mix of sun and shade.

Info will be appreciated.

Here are a couple of photos that should help you.

This one shows the angled balcony of 6048. 6053 is the same on the port side. 6046 is just to the right of 6048.

Infinity1.jpg

6030 and 6035 are often referred to on these boards as part of the "Sweet 16" cabins because they have larger than normal balconies. You can find a photo at ttp://travel.webshots.com/photo/1373723518072643706MZqnvN. Also try this thread - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=9751115