Tell Me About Those Great Cabins Please!

seattlelover

OK, I have to ask. How's the ride in the aft cabins during a rough sea? Also, are you unhappy with the loss of view both in and out of port? Thanks

Our cruise to Hawaii was mostly smooth sailing. A little rough first day out and last day of return. Did rough seas bother us? Not a chance, made it feel like your on a ship.

Many ports are entered while we are in sleeping, showering or eating breakfast or up and about. If in the cabin we can still see 180 degrees from rear balcony even from the non outside cabins.

Leaving ports, the view from the stern is spectacular, with the wake and view to aft and both sides.

What's to be unhappy about? It's an AFT balcony.

Hi,

I'm after any snippets that folk would like to pass on...

The ship is Millenium...

Are there any (balcony) cabins which are a bit more spacious? Or have a bigger balcony? Or for one reason or another worth having.

Share your info pleassssse!

Thanks,

Bev

We just got back, today, from (FOV). This is a great cabin with bigger than listed deck of about 300 square feet.

Bob

Hello Bobbyleduck!

We also just got back today and had an aft corner FOV (8166 on Infinity). Didn't miss any views, in fact, most of my 2700 photos were taken from the veranda. As Bobby previously mentioned, these balconies are much larger than stated in the books. Our neighbor had an FOV, but not corner, and they were always leaning over on our side asking what did we see. This did not bother us at all, we even offered them to come over and see for themselves, as we had plenty of veranda space to share!

Did not notice any "bumpiness" in the cruise, either. In fact, when we would leave a port, we would not even notice the ship moving if we were inside the cabin.

I only hope I can secure another of these cabins on a future cruise!

Donna

We were in 7107 on Millie in Marchand thinking of a 10 day on Connie.next year. but no 2B cabins apparently available on the sailing we want. THere maybe cabins on deck 6 but we want to be sure the veranda is not blocked by lifeboat and I don't think it would be from what is here- from the great pictures posted here it looks like if you are on deck 6,7 or 9 you would not have obstructed views due to Lifeboats??

I'll call Celebrity too but always trust you guys more.:)

We were in 7107 on Millie in Marchand thinking of a 10 day on Connie.next year. but no 2B cabins apparently available on the sailing we want. THere maybe cabins on deck 6 but we want to be sure the veranda is not blocked by lifeboat and I don't think it would be from what is here- from the great pictures posted here it looks like if you are on deck 6,7 or 9 you would not have obstructed views due to Lifeboats??

I'll call Celebrity too but always trust you guys more.:)

Commie, we're booked on the 2/8/08 Connie sailing and just "downgraded" our Concierge Class cabin to one of the Cat. 2C cabins listed in another post as a "sweet 16" cabin. They are 16 cabins on Deck 6 that have double size balconies (although you'd never know it from looking at the deck plans). Anyway, we selected cabin #6030 and not only are we getting a balcony approx. double the size we'd have with a Concierge class cabin, but we're saving $400. Yes, we will give up 21 sq. ft. of cabin space, but I think the larger balcony will make up for that.

If you click on the following link, you will see photos of those particular cabins (they are located on both starboard and port side on the M-class ships). You can see they are not obstructed at all by lifeboats, especially if you view the second photo that has the cabin numbers listed.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1373723518072643706MZqnvN

OK. Thanks' date=' mocruiseguy.

So, what are some thoughts on the PH suite?

[/b']

While I wouldn't have spent the money up front, it became available shortly before our cruise due to a last minute cancellation. We were traveling with a group of 10 people total, got to the pier at 11:00 a.m. and grabbed it. Price of the upgrade from Cat. 2 to PH was $900 that morning. There was also one RS available to upgrade that morning. Price $500. We had already decided beforehand to get whatever suite upgrade was available, so the additional $400 seemed like a bargain. Frankly, the whole thing was a "once-in-a-lifetime" bargain.

The PH is amazing, especially if you are traveling with a group of friends/family. At our request, the ship's concierge arranged for our friends to have guest keys so they could enjoy the suite, too.

Our butler kept us supplied with mixers and appetizers throughout the cruise and served dinner to the entire group ensuite a couple of evenings. That dining table came in very handy. He took very good care of us and we tipped him well at the end.

We spent a lot of time on the verandah, especially at the end of the day as the ship was leaving port and on sea days. The verandah is huge. We had chaise loungers for all 10 people, a large outdoor dining table and enough seats for everyone (the butler brought us 4 more chairs). There's also a bar with a built in refrigerator. The PH comes with a great stereo system and the music can be switched to play outside, too.

One feature of the PH that we really took advantage of was the butler's pantry. The pantry came with a full refrigerator, microwave and a wine refrigerator. It was also fully stocked with a wide variety of glasses, mixers, etc. Our butler would check it throughout the day and replenish anything we had used. A couple of the ladies in the group really love chocolate covered strawberries. Like clockwork, a platter of them would appear in the refrigerator each afternoon.

Other features we really enjoyed:

The very large bathroom.

Having a guest bathroom.

The player baby grand piano during dinner

Again, I don't think I'd ever spend the money upfront, but if you find the PH available for upgrade at embarkation, grab it.

Does anyone have any more experiences of SS6132 on Constellation or the other M Class ships?

Does the angle of the extra large balcony not deprive you of privacy etc? I have this cabin booked for Constellations TA Westbound in 2008 but am getting cold feet!

Any views would be appreciated - thanks.

This thread has me rethinking our aft cc cabin to Hawaii this fall in favor of one of the "sweet 16". Several of those cabins are available and I'd save about $600. We love the aft and booked a year in advance to get it but the savings would pay for our airfare. Any thoughts from those having stayed in the "sweet 16"? Thanks!

Does anyone have any more experiences of SS6132 on Constellation or the other M Class ships?

Does the angle of the extra large balcony not deprive you of privacy etc? I have this cabin booked for Constellations TA Westbound in 2008 but am getting cold feet!

There is absolutely NO privacy on your "extra large balcony" (well, unless you stand up against you glass doors!). But, on the other hand, there isn't much privacy for many other balconys (and a few cabins) from you as you sit on the your SS6132/6131 balcony.

In fact, our friends in the Celebrity Suite on the 8th Floor which was halfway down the ship could wave to us all the time. You definately do give up privacy for a balcony 3 time the size of a regular SS balcony.

For example, we never at breakfast on our balcony....I just didn't feel like being on display in my p.j.'s hogging down my eggs benidict and waffles.

On the other hand, we made lots of friends, so the balcony came in handy to host cocktail parties. It's a trade off I suppose.....

I have just asked my travel to hold a booking for me on Century. She has emailed me to say she is holding 9145 but it has a different layout to the ones I am used to. Advice please has anyone been in one these and are they OK?

Sue

• 2 weeks later...

I keep reading about the 16 2c cabins in the forward part of the ship. I booked cabin 6037 yesterday. It was available and very close to the reccommended cabins but is always omitted from that list. Is is possible that its an oversight and cabin 6037 is similar to 6035. They sure look similar in the deck layouts. Regardless, it will be our first balcony on a Celebrity ship so we're extremely excited!

Sorry M Sophia but 6037 is the first cabin with the recessed, normal sized balcony on that side of the ship. The "sweet 16" are the first 8 cabins on each side of the M class ships and are not noted as such in the deck plans. There are pictures earlier in this thread that show you what they look like. Either way you will be on a great cruise but if you can switch do it!

Thanks drk. I researched and researched and realized that and called to change cabins and to my luck cabin 6023 became available. Now I have no worries. I can't thank everyone enough who posts all of the great info. that most cruisers would never know about.

We had 6132 on Millennium in March. We chose it because of its size. My main complaint was that it was very windy when the ship was moving. Nothing to break the wind at all on the front side. On most verandahs, you have a wall on each side of you which blocks the wind to a great degree. This verandah extends out beyond the side of the ship and has no wall to block the strong winds when you are traveling at 20 knots or so. The verandah was great when the ship was in port. I don't think we would choose it again.

Hope this helps.

Doris

Thanks for all your replies. I'm still in a dilemma though! IF we can afford a Sky Suite I'll be looking at those that Wineguys suggested!

Bev

Not long off the Infinity was lucky enough to have aft cabin CC9201 could not fault it, spacious Balcony, 2 chairs 2 loungers & 2 tables + quite a few Cruise Critics for Breakfast going through the Panama Canal, friends had extended Family Balcony at rear, very Spacious

David

My main complaint was that it was very windy when the ship was moving.

Doris

Doris, that's why I've said before that I loved 7145 on the Constellation because it is behind those glass elevators that stick out to block the wind. So for us, it's not just about balcony size but is a matter of how much we will be able to enjoy a balcony of any size. Others who want to invite 42 of their new best friends may enjoy a larger balcony in spite of wind issues, so it's all a matter of personal preference.

Donna

This list is posted frequently in this forum, so this seems a good place to lock it down.

Each of the following cabins on the Millennium Class ships (Millennium, Infinity, Constellation, Summit) has some particular benefit over its peers of the same class -- most often an oversized veranda, sometimes larger cabin or nicer decor. Not all of these differences are accurately reflected in any known deck plans.

SS-6131,6132,6145,6146

CC-9043,9038,9201,9164,9162,9160

CC-8045,8046,8185,8176,8172,8170

CC-7203,7212,7208,7206

CC-6135,6136,6143,6144

2A-8161,8146,9173,9138

2B-7049,7080,7163,7166,7171,7173,7175,7177,7174,7176, 7178,7180

2C- 6016,6018,6020,6021,6022,6023,6024,6025,6026,6027, 6029,6030,6031,6033,6035,6053,6048

I was wondering are the forward or aft cabins subject to more movement?

Although it would be great to have a larger balcony, cabin etc..what about the fact that it is on the stern of the ship? Do you feel the ship move more in rough weather. We were in 7103 vista deck and felt NOTHING.

Thanks

Ok folks ... question on aft cabins. It appears to me that cc9164, cc8176, and cc7212 are MUCH larger than all the other cc class cabins in the aft of the M ships. Are they?

Cynthia

Yes they are, they are for disabled wheel chair users

David

Thankyou. I did manage to find this list after I posted the message.

However keep them coming and thankyou for your replies.

Bev

Last year we had 9038 a CC on Millennium. It was larger trangle shaped had a full size table and we also had a recliner brought to the Stateroom. It was easily twice the size of the standard CC balcony other than perhaps the aft balconies. Decks 6 -9 have that same spot and it shows on the deck plans as well both port and starboard sides.

David Cathy and Charlie

Would love to hear about this cabin as we have it booked for our upcoming cruise. I know it's one of the "sweet" ones, but would really like to hear what people who stayed in it liked and disliked about it.

Thanks,

Lisa