Freestyle Daily from the Wind to Hawaii

giggles217

• 4 weeks later...

We were on the Sept. 1, 2004 sailing to Hawaii and the sea days were full of activities. We learned hula dancing, how to make three different kinds of lei, there were art auctions, trivia games, etc. We really liked how they incorporated Hawaiian culture - they had an ambassador named Kathy to help with the classes. That was the best part of the cruise itself. We were unhappy with the food and service, but the Hawaiian activities were awesome! And of course, you can't beat the ports!!

It does sound like the sea days have lots of activities. Were the lei making sessions packed? Did you receive a lei when you boarded the wind? Are they worth keeping and trying to bring home?

Could you also tell me what type cabin you had?

I was on the Sept. 11 sailing and I must agree their was lots to do on board during the sea days and even port days suprisingly enough. Food I thought was good.. I ate steak and potatoes every night. :-) The Leis you recieve are nice... The women's lei's are made out of real flowers..and the mens are shells. Of course the flowers will be dead by the time you get home. I have every freestyle daily that we recieved on the cruise...if your curious what was going on i can email you a sample of the activities..

I was on the Sept. 11 sailing and I must agree their was lots to do on board during the sea days and even port days suprisingly enough. Food I thought was good.. I ate steak and potatoes every night. :-) The Leis you recieve are nice... The women's lei's are made out of real flowers..and the mens are shells. Of course the flowers will be dead by the time you get home. I have every freestyle daily that we recieved on the cruise...if your curious what was going on i can email you a sample of the activities..

We are going in June - I would love to see a sample if possible?

breedingmom@msn.com

• 2 months later...

Since you've been on the NCL Wind, can you tell me if one side or the other is better (i.e. better views when docked)? (Guess both sides will get there at the same time, lol!) We are planning to go on 6/11 also but haven't booked room yet.

Thanks for any info!

Karen

I just returned from the Wind on Dec 25. The lava flow viewing is at night and is on the starboard side. We had a cabin on the starboard side and always had a nice view. We had a fantastic view of that lava flows from our cabin. Just posted my review also. Linda

May I also have a copy too? My e-mail is cuppyb@iwon.com

I was so happy to find this site, we are doing the Wind on May 21st and some reviews I saw were not the best. I know we won't have the activities like we had on the RCCL Explorer, but some made it sound like there was nothing at all going on. I think I would enjoy learning how to make a lei and I especially want to learn the hula.

thanks.

Oh if anyone has pics from their cruise on the Wind would you mind sharing the link?

Archived