Anybody Stayed In A Splendor Spa Stateroom Yet??

Michelle M

:) We are booked in an inside and balcony spa stateroom on the Panorama deck on Splendor. We are hoping the spa perks are well worth the extra cost to book those rooms.:o

Has anybody styed in the spa staterooms yet?? Can you please provide a review of the decor of the rooms, the cost to use the spa facilities and services etc??:)

:) We are booked in an inside and balcony spa stateroom on the Panorama deck on Splendor. We are hoping the spa perks are well worth the extra cost to book those rooms.:o

Has anybody styed in the spa staterooms yet?? Can you please provide a review of the decor of the rooms, the cost to use the spa facilities and services etc??:)

We are booked in a Spa Balcony as well for November and can't wait!!

Hope you get LOTS of answers...so we can all enjoy them!!!

To quote myself from another post (which was written in a pretty darn negative connotation I might add so thats why it might sound a little harsh...its not as bad as it sounds :p ):

We booked through Costco Travel (much cheaper than anywhere else) and needed an inside and balcony room across from eachother. 1020 &1014 were the only rooms left and they booked us in the spa rooms unknowingly. We later found out when looking at the deck plans, but hey no problem with us since we paid less than a normal balcony! :D

The thalassotherapy pool and different steam/sauna rooms were very nice to relax in, although the rooms got crowded on sea days. To get access just go to the spa desk and give them your S&S card and room number and you get a wristband for unlimited use of everything.

We booked a massage and hair treatment and thought there were discounts on spa treatments well. We took it up with the Spa Staff, then Manager, Purser and Chief Purser because we thought (and pretty much knew) we were supposed to get discounts. The purser said they would check it out but never got back to us. So, no discounts as of now. I give them a break because this was the first cruise and lots of things were still not set in stone. (changed maybe?)

But our biggest peeve about them was the locations. Our balcony room (1020) was located right under the treadmills in the gym. Whenever it was open you could hear the pattering of footsteps from the runners. The inside room (1014) was under the thalassotherapy pool, and the pumps were running most of the time so there was a sound of water rushing constantly thought the roof which was also very annoying.

FYI if you want the priority appointments the treatments must be booked before 6-8pm on the first day. Also, you must be 18 to get a wristband for use of the pool/rooms. That was a disappointment to the 14yo DD with us.

But nonetheless, the rooms were nice & the robes slippers were a nice touch.

The decor in the rooms/hallways is very elegant and much nicer then the regular staterooms IMO.

Any other questions, I'll be glad to help with. For some pics of the rooms, check the link in my sig.

:) We are in rooms 1045 and 1047 on the panorma deck. Not sure if there are any noisy spa offenders above us but I certainly hope not as we have paid a premium to be there!!:(

I was also told the spa services such as massage, salon etc would be discounted. Anybody have any further info on :confused: this??

We are in rooms 1045 and 1047 on the panorma deck. Not sure if there are any noisy spa offenders above us but I certainly hope not as we have paid a premium to be there!
It looks like 1045 is below a storage room of some sort so that shouldn't be an issue. 1047 is below the Spa's main hallway so there should be minimal noise.

I was also told the spa services such as massage, salon etc would be discounted. Anybody have any further info on this?
I was never told this, nor have I read anything that alludes to this. Now you will have priority when booking appointments, which I believe means bookings will be only open to those with Spa accommodations for a few hours (like until 6 PM?) on the day of embarkation. After that bookings will be open to anybody on a first come first served basis.

Here is the official list of the Spa benefits for those booking Spa accommodations: http://www.carnival.com/cms/static_templates/promos/splendor/spa/spa_packages.htm

Thanks for the info, we will be staying in one in September. Can't wait!

Do you have to wear the wristband the whole time or can you put it on as needed?

The wristbands are just like these (well a different pattern of course;)). They are the paper (Tyvek to be exact :p) kind that if you make big enough you can slip it on & off. You just have to wear it when in the spa. If you break it or somethign just get another from the front desk of the spa.

tyvek-printed.jpg

We just got off the 7/13, 12 day, Splendor cruise and had SS 1029. We were under the waiting room so no noise from above.

I would definately book one of these cabins again just to use the therapy pool, it was so relaxing and never crowded, the most we encountered in there was 7 or 8 people including us. The saunas/steam rooms were barely being used either. It was nice to be able to go up to the relaxation room and get a glass of water, cup of tea or fruit and take it back to the cabin.

We had 3 in our cabin and received the wrist bands for each of us, including my 14yo DD. We got our wristbands from the spa concierge desk up on deck 12 outside the relaxation room. Teniel, our spa concierge, was very helpful to us. My DD and I made our wristbands larger so we could slip them on and off our wrists, while DH had the spa staff put his on, which had to be left on. We were told if we lost them or they needed to come off we could just go and get a replacement one.

We did the spa tour on embarkation day which was nice and that's when we were introduced to Teniel, the spa concierge, and received our wristbands from her. We did not receive any spa discounts on sea days, but I don't recall we were supposed to get them. We did book spa specials on port days, which were discounted, and I think having the spa cabins helped with getting the times we wanted, even though we booked them late.

The cabins had a better decor than the regular cabins. Also, there was different music playing the in the hallways and it was soothing and barely noticible.

We're interested in a spa room because of the smoking restriction on that deck. But can anyone (who has actually experienced them) confirm that the balconies are also smoke-free? Are there signs to clearly indicate so on the balcony and/or in the stateroom? (We just don't want to pay for another balcony that we cannot use).

Are you not allowed to use the steam rooms and pool up in the spa area with out a spa accomodation or without paying?
Correct. In addition to the single entry prices referenced at Carnival.com at the link I provided in my previous post above, see the pictures at the following link for prices on a 12 night cruise: http://www.zydecocruiser.com/splendor_08/sea1.htm (scroll about half way down)

We're interested in a spa room because of the smoking restriction on that deck. But can anyone (who has actually experienced them) confirm that the balconies are also smoke-free? Are there signs to clearly indicate so on the balcony and/or in the stateroom? (We just don't want to pay for another balcony that we cannot use).

I dont know if there are signs--but the spa deck is supposed to be completly smoke free-- I would think that includes the bacony.

Just checked a price for the splendor---and wow those prices are really high. I could pay for the therm suites two times over.

Are the robes they offer in these cabins for keeps?

are they different from the rest of the robes on other decks?

:)

We just got off the 7/13, 12 day, Splendor cruise and had SS 1029. We were under the waiting room so no noise from above.

I would definately book one of these cabins again just to use the therapy pool, it was so relaxing and never crowded, the most we encountered in there was 7 or 8 people including us. The saunas/steam rooms were barely being used either. It was nice to be able to go up to the relaxation room and get a glass of water, cup of tea or fruit and take it back to the cabin.

We had 3 in our cabin and received the wrist bands for each of us, including my 14yo DD. We got our wristbands from the spa concierge desk up on deck 12 outside the relaxation room. Teniel, our spa concierge, was very helpful to us. My DD and I made our wristbands larger so we could slip them on and off our wrists, while DH had the spa staff put his on, which had to be left on. We were told if we lost them or they needed to come off we could just go and get a replacement one.

We did the spa tour on embarkation day which was nice and that's when we were introduced to Teniel, the spa concierge, and received our wristbands from her. We did not receive any spa discounts on sea days, but I don't recall we were supposed to get them. We did book spa specials on port days, which were discounted, and I think having the spa cabins helped with getting the times we wanted, even though we booked them late.

The cabins had a better decor than the regular cabins. Also, there was different music playing the in the hallways and it was soothing and barely noticible.

:o Thanks so much for all the spa stateroom information. I believe our rooms 1045 and 1047 will be free of noises from the spa above as well by looking at the deck plan. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed the spa stateroom. We also have a 14 year old so I am happy to hear yours could enjoy the spa as well. Any other tips you can provide to us will be appreciated!:)

I dont know if there are signs--but the spa deck is supposed to be completly smoke free-- I would think that includes the bacony.

Just checked a price for the splendor---and wow those prices are really high. I could pay for the therm suites two times over.

Are the robes they offer in these cabins for keeps?

are they different from the rest of the robes on other decks?

There were not signs on the balcony...I'm not sure about this one. It will probably be one of those call Carnival a few times and get a few different responses type of answers :confused:

The robes aren't for keeps, you have to pay $65 if you wanna take one home. They have the Cloud 9 Spa logo embroidered in them.

There were not signs on the balcony...I'm not sure about this one. It will probably be one of those call Carnival a few times and get a few different responses type of answers :confused:

The robes aren't for keeps, you have to pay $65 if you wanna take one home. They have the Cloud 9 Spa logo embroidered in them.

:rolleyes: I am very surprised a smoker would take the chance of booking a room in a totally non-smoking area. :confused:

I for one, am happy to get away from the smell of cigarettes and have paid to do so. If it is that important to smoke while at the room, there are many more smoking rooms available on the ship and at lesser prices!:)

Spa accommodations include private access, special amenities and priority reservations at the Cloud 9 Spa. dr_nonsmoke.gif Cloud 9 Spa accommodations are non-smoking.

Hi NolaAlive,

I should have stated the question this way,

:) Do the spa staterooms offer more amenties or perks to those staying on the spa deck rather than to those staying in spa staterooms on the panorma deck??:o

Hi NolaAlive,

:) Do the spa staterooms offer more amenties or perks to those staying on the spa deck rather than to those staying in spa staterooms on the panorma deck??:o

1024/25 and 1028/29 are suite cabins- how bizzare to have those cabins in the middle like that-- if it does include the perks-- then these two suites will be worth the money

Hi NolaAlive,

As far as I know, none.

What exactly is the thalassotherapy pool? Is that the large pool that Bill posted on his thread? Looks almost like a large hottub jacuzzi/

It looks like a jacuzzi on steroids but is more.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/splendor/gen5/IMG_4014.JPG

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/splendor/gen5/IMG_4015.JPG

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/splendor/gen5/IMG_4017.JPG

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/splendor/gen5/IMG_4018.JPG

Yep that is the one I was in question about. Thanks so much.

Do we know how much it costs to use it if you do not have a spa room?

Archived