Celebrity
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Barcelona

Recent Profile Visitors

3,194 profile views

canderson's Achievements

5,000+ Club

5,000+ Club (9/20)

1. We found the veranda loungers on Silversea (specifically, Silver Dawn, Silver Suite) to be very comfortable - and because this was our annual westbound TA last November, they got a good workout.
  2. Ah, sorry. Didn't read your post properly. Think I'd be surprised to find Jordan at Kroger.
  3. Picture is a little fuzzy, but looks like a 2019 Jordan. Am curious to know what Kroger normally gets for a bottle. How often do these 25% sales occur? We have King Soopers here (Kroger) but hadn't looked at what they're offering. Wine in grocery stores is a relatively new thing here.
  4. Probably for the same reason they'd want their 'veranda' in their stateroom ๐Ÿ˜‰
  5. ^^^^^ THIS! We've often said that not being reminded constantly what a great time we're having, but to be sure to attend this next can't-miss event etc etc is wonderful. Nice not to have that on Celebrity. You get an announcement when customs has cleared pax for disembarkation at port stops, a noon report from the captain and CD, and the odd crew emergency drill announcements. Same applies to Silversea. It changes the WHOLE tenor of the cruise.
  6. There are adults, and there are 'adults'. Have you ever sailed for such a short period before?
  7. Our best X meat ever was also right after COVID on the Connie restart cruises. Inch thick pork chops you could cut with a fork, filets 2" thick you could cut with a fork and tasty. As good or better than our own butcher. Since Connie was newly in Tampa at that time, I wonder if they started out with a better (and temporary) purveyor. Wish it had stayed that way!
  8. Hoping to be first on board? Will see you at the dock on the 7th! Check location for Port of Barcelona D'Adossat Terminal. Give or take 41.36008 2.18003 (plug those coordinates into Google maps, or ...) Don't know why, but feel we were at Terminal B last time (2022).
  9. Here's one variable that, if included in the algorithm, would certainly cause a different result -- number of port days vs. at-sea days. For example, given that port days generate shorex revenue but at-sea days generate onboard revenue, what's likely the number of $ that a passenger will spend in cruise line bucks on a port intensive 14 day cruise vs. a 14 day transAtlantic? While those would be at the extremes, certainly there would, on average, be a difference? I'm sure there are many more, and more subtle ones that have been teased out of the data over the years by all of the lines.
  10. How it worked for us: It's more or less a cancel-rebook after final. So if there's an OBC difference between the old and new deals that would hurt, the reprice has to more than make up the difference to be worth doing it. And it all depends upon any current price guarantee program rules and cancellation penalties... It's not always easy after final!
  11. Our experience has been that any possible repricing after final payment is returned as onboard (non-refundable) OBC. We had two repriced cruises (B2B) that repriced after final soon after the restart, and wound up with $6,500 in OBC.
  12. Yeah, says the guy who snagged my PH! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Right. No, that was that other lady, wasn't it? Just wanted to check in, say hello since it's been a while, and confirm that the experience you describe above is ours as well, as is the approximate amount of difference. On a decently subscribed cruise, the upper suites can disappear fast, and move up bids are often solicited to backfill for cabins that aren't currently available but become available only due to cancellations.
  13. Just do a mock booking for your specific cruise with your daughter as alternately adult and child and check the total.
  14. Had a RS butler who kept me supplied with 375s of the Michele Chiarlo Barolo for 15 nights! Think we went through 8 of them. Had traded the booze setup for wine.
ร—
ร—