cruisemom42

Members
Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

cruisemom42's Achievements

30,000+ Club

30,000+ Club (7/15)

• Great Review Rare
  • Holiday Sharing Rare
  • Great Review Rare

Recent Badges

1. I also haven't been to Barcelona since about 2017 and the food scene there is so vibrant that I'd probably look for recent recommendations. This site usually is trustworthy (though I'd skip the Asian recommendations): https://www.eater.com/maps/best-restaurants-barcelona-spain Dinner is very late in Barcelona for locals. I seem to remember a lot of places don't even open until 8:00 pm. Unless it's a really hot place, showing up when they open will probably get you a table as long as it's not a big party. Given the crowds in Europe these days, if there are any places you really want to be sure to go to, I'd try to reserve in advance.
  2. Yeah, I'm just finding out my retiree dental coverage isn't as good as it was pre-retirement. 🙄
  3. Hi Lois -- hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise!! Sorry I've been so absent lately, it's been a heck of a week. Found out today that I need a dental implant PLUS a root canal and a crown. 😭
  4. How long ago did you go, Hank? I ask because in recent years they have opened up almost all of the tombs in the necropolis outside Tarquinia. There is also Cerveteri (sp?) and another very interesting necropolis just outside Orvieto.
  5. Do you happen to recall where the tender in Oban drops you off? Is it near the North Pier Ferry terminal by chance?
  6. I used the regional train to and from Lecce when docked in Brindisi, it was a pretty easy and straightforward thing. There were some taxis at the port and taxis at the train station, so if you wanted to forego the walk in either direction, it shouldn't be a problem. Here's a map I found while researching it online; it handily shows both the spot where ships dock and the train station (bottom left; not labeled as such but look at the icons):
  7. Gosh that ship was ugly back then. I wondered who thought red and orange and bright pink in the same area was a good idea. I had no idea it was Farcus, but that makes perfect sense.
  8. Heck, I still remember the "old" push for families when Zuiderdam, the first Vista class ship, was launched. Sailed on her with my son and parents shortly after she launched. All the marketing hype was about HAL's new family-friendly ships.
  9. I don't recall having an iron in the room, but I never looked for one. You could email and ask, I'm sure they'd respond.
  10. Usually closures begin around August 15 until the end of the month. That's the traditional vacation period. These days I don't think it's that difficult to find restaurants open, especially in areas where there are lots of tourists. A few smaller ones may close, but some will remain open.
  11. My question would be whether they are getting "great" classical music or "merely good". I mean, I'll take merely good over nothing, but the LCS players were great. The two classical groups I've experienced on Oceania in the last year were not as good as the LCS group on HAL...
  12. I have visited Pamukkale and Hierapolis from Kusadasi but not on a day when I was there on a cruise ship. I was staying in Kusadasi with a couple of days between legs of a self-booked tour and I found a private guide to take me. It is a long day of driving to get there and back. I would like to get back there again one of these days as this was around 15 years ago... But when I've talked to private drivers about it, they are unwilling unless you have a REALLY long port day -- like if your ship were to leave at 10pm or 11pm...