About Me

• Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    P&O

Recent Profile Visitors

6,277 profile views

AndyMichelle's Achievements

5,000+ Club

5,000+ Club (4/15)

1. It is hit and miss, you may be lucky, but they do enforce times when busy, especially when the coaches are arriving as they get priority. We have arrived early twice, once straight on, the other we had to wait. Andy
  2. Just catching up with this thread with interest. Some great points being made from both sides of the fence, just how a thread should be. I am going to lower the tone though😂 I get sick of this 'not my fault Guvnor' attitude. We are seeing it more and more in society and I just can't accept it as an excuse. An offer was made and accepted in good faith by the paying customer. P&O cannot just pass on liability because the contract was not fulfilled on their behalf. What happened to due diligence? What happened to customer service? What happened to common courtesy? This 'rock and a hard place' situation should never have been allowed to happen, but when it did, it needed dealing with quickly and effectively by P&O, they took the money... Just basic business practice was needed. Andy
  3. We did it for the first time recently. £6 per day, as safe as any hotel car park, take ticket with you, pay when collecting the car. Cheaper than a taxi, even though we live fairly locally. Andy
  4. Like all ships, the best spots for sunbeds get snapped up quickly, but never experienced the 'hogging' that happens on other ships. A more mature clientele are more conscious of being fair to other passengers. Have a great time. Andy
  5. Yes, they are happy to fill your own.
  6. I feel there might be a few to begin with, so word spreads that you 'can' get caught. That would be enough to stop most of us, not that we bothered anyway. Andy
  7. It was still there a couple of weeks back on Britannia, although not listed as 'always available' it was 'always available', along with the 5oz steak. Andy
  8. My understanding is that is what was happening, bottles removed from checked in luggage, but as you say, it would be nice if someone this happened to could confirm. True or not, there is just as many stories out there of passengers who have ignored the instructions and got away with it. The fact that a lot of people who would have taken their own now dont, means it is a success for P&O already, unless we all 'jump ship'... Andy
  9. Yes, friends of ours have just got off Iona too and tell the same story. They also received an email before they sailed advising of the changes, so no excuses. Andy
  10. Always worth a call, we did it once and they agreed to let us stay in our original cabin. Good luck Andy
  11. Arcadia scheduled for November this year, Aurora April 2025. Andy
  12. Not sure about this? Your post above only says alcohol apart from wine and Champagne are banned? Can't find anything on the website to say you can't specifically take soft drinks? Andy
  13. Definitely early if the sky is clear. We were straight off, after breakfast of course, tickets bought and on first bus within 10 minutes. When we came down about lunchtime, the queue was huge. It's definitely worth the visit. Andy
  14. It's very easy. There is a portakabin opposite the ship, next to the pub. Walk in, buy tickets (£58 each last week) get on blue bus waiting outside, run every 15 minutes. So straightforward, even when P&O is sold out. Have a great time. Andy