RCCL Newbie.... questions

My husband and I are sailing on The Serenade of the Seas next May.

This is our first RCCl cruise, and I have some questions. I'm hoping someone can answer them.

Is there a "Bon Voyage" department that we can pre order booze from?

Is the coffee, actually coffee or coffee syrup? I know one of the cruiselines uses coffee syrup, and I'm hoping it's not RCCL

What beverages do they have for free, ie... lemonade? Fruit punch?

Does anyone have a room service menu?

...and just as a side note, I did do a search of these, and couldn't find what I was looking for. :p

Thanks in advance!

1. Yes, you can order booze just look under gifts.

2. Real coffee

3. Lemonade, iced tea and flavored water all free

4. Dont have room service menu but there is just about most stuff pizza, cheese plates, COOKIES, Then there is also sandwiches. I believe you can also order whatever is on the dining room menu and of course breakfast. You can write in whatever you would like and you hang a sign on your door before midnight and it gets delivered whatever time you put. The best part is they call before they come so its a great wake up call. Nothing like breakfast on the balcony sailing some where. Maybe someone else has the menu.

This is our first RCCl cruise, and I have some questions. I'm hoping someone can answer them.

Is the coffee, actually coffee or coffee syrup? I know one of the cruiselines uses coffee syrup, and I'm hoping it's not RCCL

...and just as a side note, I did do a search of these, and couldn't find what I was looking for. :p

Thanks in advance!

You can't pre-order booze for your room, but there are wine packages for dinner and I believe there is a "drink package" where you can pre-pay for a certain amount of drinks, but maybe I'm imagining things. ;)

Water, tea and lemonade are free as well as basic coffee. Soda, alcohol, specialty coffe drinks, milkshakes, etc. are all an extra cost.

I don't have a current room service list, but there is a decent selection of snacks available. There is a small fee ($3.95? $4.95?) for room service after midnight.

You can't pre order booze.

Not sure about this but my friend says it's very strong and drinks tea instead.

Ice Tea, lemonade, juices, tea and coffee are free. Not sure if they have fruit punch.

I rarely order from room service so I can't help you with that one.

Thanks in advance!

Enjoy your cruise! I was on the Serenade in August and loved it!

Do you mean pre-order for disembarkment? There is a Liquor Store for that. You'll find huge discounts on booze on first day, usually in front of gift shop.

Their coffee is real if you use the coffee/cafe shop. Charges apply, but you get a pastry/dessert with it. Not sure of other areas, but I find the coffee served @ dinner is really good...other venues is average.

Beverages include juice, ice tea, milk, coffee and tea.

Heres a copy of the Brilliance (sister ship)

http://community.webshots.com/album/135027694iDIlGU

...which I pulled from this great site

http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/brillianceoftheseas.htm

You can't pre-order booze for your room, but there are wine packages for dinner and I believe there is a "drink package" where you can pre-pay for a certain amount of drinks, but maybe I'm imagining things. ;)

Water, tea and lemonade are free as well as basic coffee. Soda, alcohol, specialty coffe drinks, milkshakes, etc. are all an extra cost.

I don't have a current room service list, but there is a decent selection of snacks available. There is a small fee ($3.95? $4.95?) for room service after midnight.

No drink package for cocktails. We dont drink wine, but there is a package for that. Room Service selections are excellent! I will look for our menu scan!

semi retired, charges only apply to specialty coffees.

Thanks in advance!

Royal Caribbean will not allow liquor in your cabin, either brought by you on board or purchased from the liquor store. You can order wine for your cabin via RC's website at Gifts and Gear.

The line that makes its coffee with syrup is Princess. Royal Caribbean does not, as far as I know.

There is no drink package or pre-paying for drinks. You can do that on Carnival.

Room service has a fee of $3.95 between midnight and 5 a.m.

There is a soda card for $6.00 per day, plus 15% gratuitie. I believe they also have a water card.

You can order through room service dinner from the from the dining room menu during dinner hours.

There is no "water card". You can purchase water packages of various amounts and sizes of bottled water. Those bottles will be delivered to your cabin.

Some lines such as Holland America and Princess allow you to bring reasonable quantities of wine with you upon initial embarkation for consumption in your cabin. If you take your bottle to the dining room they charge you a corkage fee (US$20). What is RCCL's policy on this. Thanks in advance.

Some lines such as Holland America and Princess allow you to bring reasonable quantities of wine with you upon initial embarkation for consumption in your cabin. If you take your bottle to the dining room they charge you a corkage fee (US$20). What is RCCL's policy on this. Thanks in advance.

RCCL does not allow you to bring any liquor onboard with you, and that includes wine.

My dh and i did radiance of the seas this april:

Yes you can pre-order your alcohol, and if you search into the same venue, there is a copy of the room service menu there i believe, plus an extensive wine list if you wish to view it..

They have finally changed their coffee to 'actual" coffee, seattles best....not the syrup !!!

Not sure about lemonade or punch, as it is something we do not, drink , so sorry cannot help you there...?????

Enjoy your cruise !!!!!

B.j....( 19 cruises)

p.s. The room service food was excellent...we had it a few times.!!!

You can order a package for say an anniversary or birthday that includes a bottle of Moet & Chandon, chocolate covered strawberries, stuff like that. Check the website, you can order flowers to be delvered too for a special occasion. As others have mentioned you can order the wine packages where the wine will be served with dinner each night.

Lemonade, water, iced tea and orange juice served from the beverage stations are free. of course you can order freshly squeezed orange juice for a price in the Windjammer and soda packages as well.

room service is available as well as the breakfast menu you can place on your door the night before but it is limited. The coffee as far as I can remember has always been Seattles best. Specialty coffees do cost you of course.

Read some of the reviews being posted on here. They can be very informative!!!

i just got off this ship yesterday!

Thanks Bj for the info on the wine that one can purchase pre-boarding through the RCCL website. However, there was no info on any hard liquor (scotch) options. When we were on HAL last year we were able to order a bottle of scotch ahead of time and it was there waiting for us when we got to our cabin. Does RCCL have a similar service. If so, a link would be appreciated, as I was unable to find one on the RCCL site. Thanks in advance.

Do you mean pre-order for disembarkment? There is a Liquor Store for that. You'll find huge discounts on booze on first day, usually in front of gift shop.

No, on Carnival, you can order bottles of booze, and they will be in your stateroom upon embarkation. (even with a bow on them) lol

They have a very wide selection of liquors available.

Oh well, guess we'll just have to smuggle.... JUST kidding folks!! ;)

Archived