Carnival Liberty Cabin Question

bwg03

Ok quick question for everyone...

We are booked in 1224 on Liberty (Riviera deck).

Is it worth it to get a Family Ocean View on the Spa Deck. There are 3 of us all 23-25 years old.

If I were to go to the Spa Deck it would be about $200 charge I think..

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Edited by bwg03

Ok quick question for everyone...

We are booked in 1224 on Liberty (Riviera deck).

Is it worth it to get a Family Ocean View on the Spa Deck. There are 3 of us all 23-25 years old.

If I were to go to the Spa Deck it would be about $200 charge I think..

Thoughts?

Thanks!

bwg03,

You would be going from the lowest deck to the highest; farthest from everything to nearest to everything; small windows to floor to ceiling windows offering GREAT views; the most populated deck to the least populated deck.

IMO, it would be $200 very well spent. :)

Have stayed in 1115 - loved it! going again same room - you won't be disappointed and there is a door that will take you straight outside right to the stairs for either the lido deck or one flight up to the waterslide. It's a great location. Caution - if you sleep in make sure you don't leave the blinds open. DH and I awoke to guys painting outside our window one morning when we slept in and the ship was in port - Awkward!!! :)

For me it would not be worth it. While it appears the views would be awesome, how often will you be in the room to enjoy them? Really, that is the key. If you plan to be in the room a lot, go for it. If you will be out taking part in activities and lounging on deck, the price difference, for me, would not be worth it. Only you can really decide that one!

for new people-- an oceanview may be the better choice- They are not going to be using the cabin all that much and more then likly will be out and about only using the cabin for sleeping/showering and dressing.

450.00 will just about pay for the next deposit for the next cruise

Have stayed in 1115 - loved it! going again same room - you won't be disappointed and there is a door that will take you straight outside right to the stairs for either the lido deck or one flight up to the waterslide. It's a great location. Caution - if you sleep in make sure you don't leave the blinds open. DH and I awoke to guys painting outside our window one morning when we slept in and the ship was in port - Awkward!!! :)

My big room picture above is Room 1115! We loved the location of that room too! One door from outside deck. Steps away from pool, waterslide, big chess game and just a few steps down from Camp Carnival. I'd book that room again.

I can see where $450 would be too much to change for. For us it was good because my husband likes to be able to get outside for fresh air quickly.

Can I ask if you have confirmed you are able to do this?

We want to book 2 of these rooms for a cruise in Aug. We were on the cruise with Camorelli when she took that photo, but we are being told by Carnival that we are no longer able to book this room unless you fill it to occupancy with 4 people.

If you have found a way to do this I am intrigued b/c I am very frustrated with carnival right now because they won't let me book the same rooms I had 4 months ago.

Can I ask if you have confirmed you are able to do this?

We want to book 2 of these rooms for a cruise in Aug. We were on the cruise with Camorelli when she took that photo, but we are being told by Carnival that we are no longer able to book this room unless you fill it to occupancy with 4 people.

If you have found a way to do this I am intrigued b/c I am very frustrated with carnival right now because they won't let me book the same rooms I had 4 months ago.

depends on when you want to sail- you had that cabin during a slow sailing time-- compared to when?

If sailing during a high peak time-- cabins that hold 4 people will be held for people who want to book 3/4 people.

• 6 months later...

Is the cabin picture above 1115 also available on Victory? Does Carnival have rooms like this with balconies?

Yes, they really are floor to ceiling windows. I'll try to get a pic and post. We stayed in one of these rooms in October and it was fantastic!! We loved the room and the location of the Family Ocean View!

IMG_4409.jpg

Edited by Cruiseoholic000

Is the cabin picture above 1115 also available on Victory? Does Carnival have rooms like this with balconies?

The above photo--

the room will look like a balcony room/

what happens is they took out the window and made a balcony there.

one the ships that converted the window to a balcony- these balconies are not covered.

we just booked 9/24 Liberty and assigned cabin 2279. we were previously booked into 2388 on 9/10 but had to change. 2279 is right behind entrance to stairs/elevators. is this going to be a busy and noisy area?? any thoughts on if we should move to a different cabin on this floor??

we just booked 9/24 Liberty and assigned cabin 2279. we were previously booked into 2388 on 9/10 but had to change. 2279 is right behind entrance to stairs/elevators. is this going to be a busy and noisy area?? any thoughts on if we should move to a different cabin on this floor??

why did you move from 2388?

a very good move because that cabin is smack dab in the middle of being under the galley.

your other move- you should not get noise from the elevtors / stairs. We have booked 7411 two times on this ship.

we are in 2337 on the Liberty for November from what I can tell it appears to be a good location?...hummm What are your thoughts???

its under the galley- inside cabin will be right there with the middle of the noise.

avoid being under the galley at all costs. It runs 24/7

why did you move from 2388?

a very good move because that cabin is smack dab in the middle of being under the galley.

your other move- you should not get noise from the elevtors / stairs. We have booked 7411 two times on this ship.

we were on the 9/10 sailing but something came up & we had to change to another week so picked 9/24. I now see that 2388 was right under galley - Carnival assigned us to 2279 when they booked us on 9/24 so it seems to have all worked out! : - )

we are in 2337 on the Liberty for November from what I can tell it appears to be a good location?...hummm What are your thoughts???

I just did a side-by-side comparison of deck plans & 2337 is right under Golden dining room. I've heard its quiet there since its all carpeted.

I just did a side-by-side comparison of deck plans & 2337 is right under Golden dining room. I've heard its quiet there since its all carpeted.

Yes the dining room is carpeted. No noise issue. Have no idea

what I was looking at

I so hope so :) cause I just called them again and well nothing is available at my rate we booked a long time ago under past guest and well got a great deal and right now its 75.00 more for 1st and 2nd than what we paid....