Voyager class deck 12 balcony cabins

I was able to snag a deck 12 balcony cabin on Navigator for an upcoming cruise. There are several reviews and photos out there of the new deck 12 panoramic ocean view cabins, but info on the small number of balcony cabins is much harder to find.

Here are a couple videos and pictures from Navigator and Explorer for anyone who may have the same questions...

And a small photo review from Explorer...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2236002

I'm not concerned about the high and forward location. If it's a little bumpy along the way, we will take some more bonine and enjoy the view from up high.

The only cabin available does have a connecting cabin which I swore we would never do again after a cruise several years ago on Brilliance. Our cabin neighbors weren't purposely obnoxious but we felt it would have been better off just to open the connecting door since we heard every move and noise they made. I'm hoping with these newer (and better insulated?) cabins the connecting door isn't an issue but I am nervous about it. Is there a lot of traffic from people leaving the pool deck and heading toward the forward elevators and spa? Daytime noise doesn't bother me but nighttime might.

Any other thoughts or concerns from anyone who has experience with these balconies? We typically just go for a regular balcony somewhere midship but I've always been intrigued by these new(er) additions.

Congrats on the snag!

We had balcony cabins 1830/1832 for our 2015 Navigator Thanksgiving cruise. When the connecting door was closed, we had no problems with noise coming from our two 15 year old grandsons or their TV.

If not for my husband's mobility issues and need for a handicap accessible bathroom, I would book these again in a heartbeat.

These new deck 12 balcony cabins seemed a little roomier than the regular (older) E's. They have nicer furniture, including a modern sofa, large self-closing drawers, and wall mounted flat screen TVs that are larger than those retro-fitted into the older cabins. Balconies had the new furniture also, including the larger eating-height table, although I would have preferred if the chairs had the reclining backs.

Although we were just off the entrance to the forward elevator lobby which has public doors for deck 12, these cabins are in their own hallway and I found the location to be very quiet. Since there are very few cabins in this location, there was also very little hallway traffic or noise. It was super convenient to get to the solarium, gym or theatre but aft venues were a different story. At the end of the hallway there is also a more private looking door leading directly out to deck 12. Weather permitting, my husband found it easier with his rollator to get to the Windjammer, the dining room and other aft venues by using deck 12 (less congestion) to get to the aft elevator banks.

A CC user posted photos of Navigator balcony cabin 1884 (identical to 1832) online at http://s736.photobucket.com/user/shmthaus/media/Navigator%20022314/P2230162_zpsdf48ae6c.jpg.html?sort=3&o=110 .

Enjoy your cruise!

~ Judy

We just stayed in 1882 on Voyager of the seas. Our first time on deck 12. Loved the location. Loved the decor. Didn't notice any increased ship movement. We did the South Pacific & Fiji out of Sydney. The only noise we had was on port days people would go up on the top deck to view and we heard footsteps. Also there was a late night party in the solarium and somebody propped the corridor door open which allowed quite loud music to filter into the cabin. I just un-propped the door and it was all ok. Would book these again. The cabin next door (1884) had a loud speaker on their balcony that public addresses came through. They found it a little annoying.

• 6 years later...

I am sorry for bumping an old thread but I booked 1838 on Voyager which is the same cabin in the first video(different ship). I noticed that there is a camera right there. Please tell me this is focused forward and doesn't offer the crew a live stream of my private veranda?! 

Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 6.30.17 PM.png

42 minutes ago, YosemiteSam81 said:

I am sorry for bumping an old thread but I booked 1838 on Voyager which is the same cabin in the first video(different ship). I noticed that there is a camera right there. Please tell me this is focused forward and doesn't offer the crew a live stream of my private veranda?! 

It's probably movable, in which case it definitely could show your "private" veranda.

1 hour ago, YosemiteSam81 said:

Hang a shirt in front of it.