My Dream Review...and I took LOTS of pics!

bluejay555

Thank you for taking the time to do this fabulous review! My son and I are cruising on the Dream on July 19. I can't wait! Reading reviews, especially picture reviews, helps me pass the time until my next cruise...;)

We had to walk a little ways to the taxi place. I just love Cozumel!

2015-29-6--15-58-22.jpeg_zps8zyefha5.png

2015-29-6--15-58-43.jpeg_zpshmkwetvg.png

2015-29-6--15-59-05.jpeg_zpsejyiucjv.png

I can't remember how much the taxi was for 4 of us to Nachi. I want to say $18? I remember thinking the rate had gone up since last year.

How much was the taxi this year?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Can you tell me what room you were in? I have booked a cove for me and my husband in Aug. I am so excited to see the rest of your review.

2357. It was a great location! :)

Thanks everyone for your comments! I will try to get my Nachi pics up this afternoon. This was our 3rd year there, and the grounds/pool/service/food were all fantastic, but the beach area was very disappointing. I will give more details as I go...

After dinner, we watched caught part of the SpongeBob Movie up on the Lido deck at the Seaside theater. Just an FYI, you can now rent blankets during the movies from the towel stand. I had no idea! They were super warm and fuzzy. Weird for a tropical cruise, but it felt cold out there!

::GASP:: I would LOVE to have a blanket out there, what was the fee for renting?

Come back!!!

Love the review. Kids and mom are adorable. Two tips (even though you didn't ask for them): 1) never start the review out with the negatives, lol! 2) if you find wait staff you like during YTD, you can request them each night and get to know them. We do this every cruise - good thing is that we aren't stuck with staff we don't gel with.

I plan on going to the Seuss breakfast with my wife, sans kids, and wearing my seuss hat, gloves and bowtie :)

2357. It was a great location! :)

Thanks everyone for your comments! I will try to get my Nachi pics up this afternoon. This was our 3rd year there, and the grounds/pool/service/food were all fantastic, but the beach area was very disappointing. I will give more details as I go...

Thanks! I know this is a lot of work and I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks all! I appreciate it!

Nachi Cocom....

The water was very cloudy and drab. It was overcast, which was fine with me, as long as it wasn't raining! The sand would sink under our feet when trying to go into the water and it got deep really fast. Couldn't wade out very far at all. It's as if the beach is eroding or something.

2015-01-7--21-04-49.jpeg_zpsvb2vd0gs.png

2015-01-7--21-05-14.jpeg_zpsenmunzbp.png

The beach/water was lacking but the grounds were beautiful as always. Now, when you enter Nachi Cocom, you are greeted by a photographer who gives you a sombrero and snaps a photo. Then you pay, and are assigned to a waiter, who seats you at the beach (we were given some great loungers with an umbrella in a great location). The waiter will make sure you never want for anything! Seriously, the staff is incredible there!

2015-01-7--21-05-34.jpeg_zpsuhtvmqah.png

2015-01-7--21-06-00.jpeg_zpsstqyktiy.png

As much as I love the beach, I just wasn't feeling it, and neither were the kids. We spent most of our day at the amazing pool.

2015-01-7--21-07-25.jpeg_zpslyeukmqh.png

the pool is a chlorine pool and so refreshing after spending days in the saltwater pools on the ship

2015-01-7--21-07-04.jpeg_zps2dmkabak.png

2015-01-7--21-06-33.jpeg_zpsicqkxh87.png

2015-01-7--21-07-47.jpeg_zpspgqkdsmf.png

FANTASTIC review! Do you have a great memory to be able to remember every detail, or did you keep a daily diary of your cruise? It's remarkable to see how much fun you and the girls had on your cruise. We will be sailing on the Dream in 12 more weeks! Keep up the good work!

:cool:Bill

FANTASTIC review! Do you have a great memory to be able to remember every detail, or did you keep a daily diary of your cruise? It's remarkable to see how much fun you and the girls had on your cruise. We will be sailing on the Dream in 12 more weeks! Keep up the good work!

:cool:Bill

Thank you!! I'm going on memory, but it was only a couple weeks ago that we cruised. Had to write this out while it was fresh in my mind!

Lunch! Nachi Cocom is all-inclusive. You can order anything you like. They have a lot of options on the menu with appetizers, and "American cuisine" (hamburgers and French fries type stuff) if you don't like the Mexican offerings. I wish I would have taken a picture of the menu. We ordered a couple appetizers and 4 main dishes and then shared everything. The food is great there!

nachos

2015-01-7--21-08-09.jpeg_zpsfbtwsjin.png

chicken quesadillas

2015-01-7--21-10-00.jpeg_zps3foq8w4a.png

chicken wings

2015-01-7--21-08-34.jpeg_zpsoqprs92m.png

fajitas

2015-01-7--21-09-16.jpeg_zpsycvqbn8w.png

The pool had a swim-up bar, and they would make you anything you wanted. The girls drank virgin daiquiris and pina coladas and sodas, just whatever! Of course the adults had coronas, frozen drinks, margaritas, etc. ALL INCLUDED! And the price is unreal. It's $55 for adults (16 and up), $35 for kids 12-15, and $17 for 4-11 yr olds. Kids under 4 are free. Seriously!! For a day at the beach with an amazing pool, all you can eat and drink?? And they limit their guests to 100 people, so you know it will never be over crowded no matter how many ships are in port that day. (I've been there 3 times and there's never been even close to 100 people there)

I HIGHLY recommend this place if you're just wanting a day of quiet relaxation. Of course if you want a party atmosphere with all the blow-up water slides and toys in the water, this is not the place. (although you can rent a jet ski or kayak or snorkel equipment) There's no music playing, no partying, no organized drinking games at the pool like some of the day resorts we've been to.

2015-01-7--21-10-45.jpeg_zps2xvviq1l.png

2015-01-7--21-11-04.jpeg_zpszqhzk7jm.png

2015-01-7--21-11-34.jpeg_zps5qmqcvfg.png

When you're ready to leave, you tell your waiter and he will call a taxi. We didn't have to wait at all. We gave a nice tip on our way out and our waiter ran in the back and grabbed some t-shirts for the kids. They did that last year, too. Nice gesture. I wonder if they give them if they're pleased with the tip or if the timing was just a coincidence and all the kids get them? Not sure!