My Dream Review...and I took LOTS of pics!

bluejay555

What's after July?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6398

"To increase safety on its cruise ships, cut alcohol smuggling and speed up embarkation, Carnival Cruise Lines will stop passengers from bringing bottled water, bottled soda and other bottled nonalcoholic drinks onboard, effective July 9."

Your pictures of LFK are amazing! I've read that their facility was vandalized and some of their animals taken...are things ok now?

I just booked LFK for this summer (Yay!) and while on their website noticed a msg that said something like "help get our animals back" so I guess they haven't gotten them back. Sad.

I did see on their website that they've added a lot of new things to the island and I can't WAIT to get back there and check it out. It truly is paradise there!

I am glad you get to go again. It is a perfect vacation with your young girls and your mom..and safe when hubby wants to or not....

Your girls are beautiful as are you and your mom...this is a lot to do and I really appreciate your Western beach itinerary...it all just looked fabulous and a perfect cabin to share.

So glad you get to go again...love the tooth fairy...God Bless....just a fabulous review especially with Dr.Seuss Birthday yesterday...thanks again..it was so happy of a trip..perfect ideas for low key beach time..Sarah

Edited by sjn911

We just recently booked the Dream for next January, so I've been reading all the reviews I can get my eyes on. Really enjoyed yours, and loved all the photos! Thanks for taking time to write your review and share it with the rest of us.

I wanted to say how wonderful it is that you can cruise with your Mom. It sounds like you are very close to her, as I am with mine. I was able to take a couple cruises, and various other vacations, with my Mom and now that she is living in a nursing home and in poor health I am so, so very thankful for all of those trips we took together. Such wonderful memories. :)

Sorry you didn't enjoy anytime dining, it's our favorite and we've done it 3 times now I think. I think most of our dinners took about an hour, occasionally a little more. We liked being able to go to dinner whenever we wanted to, and we almost always got seated right away or maybe had a 5-10 minute wait. I think we waited about 20 minutes on one elegant night.

We weren't planning on doing an excursion at Cozumel as we've been there a few times but after reading about Nachi Cocum and seeing your photos I'm thinking I might check into that! :)

Thanks again for sharing your review, loved it!

Thanks 2 cruzen amd bluejay555 for responding. We have two weeks before we cruise so I am going to try and find them online just to make sure. I checked the Seuss gear on the website and no clothing is shown. I am going to have the room decorated, my son will love that!:)

We are so ready for this cruise! I'll probably reread you review again before we go!!!

Thanks 2 cruzen amd bluejay555 for responding. We have two weeks before we cruise so I am going to try and find them online just to make sure. I checked the Seuss gear on the website and no clothing is shown. I am going to have the room decorated, my son will love that!:)

We are so ready for this cruise! I'll probably reread you review again before we go!!!

Not sure if you saw these reviews. Myself and two other cruisers did reviews of the Jan 31 sailing of the Dream (Mahogany Bay/Belize/Cozumel). Might be informative for you:

Indytraveler83's review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2313584

wanman's review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2314923

And my review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2315238

And, if you are lucky, Wrigley80 may have her review posted by then, and she always has excellent reviews. Enjoy your cruise :)

I sailed with my daughters, ages 8 and 10, and my mom. My husband got sick of cruising (crazy!!!) so this is our 3rd annual ALL GIRLS cruise. We had an amazing time and I have lots of details to give about our time on the ship and our excursions (Little French Key, Starfish Island, and Nachi Cocom).

Before I get involved in my review, I want to get the negatives out of the way:cool: I have a few gripes that did not ruin my cruise in any way, but things that I don't like. The rest of my review will be mostly positive, so bear with me for a minute here....

first, we were disappointed with anytime dining, which we chose because 6pm dinner was not available when we booked the cruise, and 8pm is too late for the kids to eat. It took hours, literally, to make it through a meal. We were getting there at 5:45 and not finishing up until after 8pm. We had to leave before dessert (which was fine) on the last night because we wanted to watch an 8pm movie at the seaside theater. And we never got to personally know the wait staff. We missed that part the most. I hope to never do anytime dining again! It was definitely not the end of the world, just not for us.

Second negative: WE MISS THE CHOCOLATE! I know, I know, super petty and not a big deal, but my kids love getting the chocolates on the bed. BOO on Carnival for taking away that small perk.

Third and final negative: I am gold VIFP and am no longer invited to the past cruiser party (or whatever they call it). I have been to that party many times and now I'm not eligible anymore?? And my free drink coupon could only be used on the last day of the cruise after 5pm. So basically they're telling me "OK here's a free drink coupon, but we really don't want you to actually use it, so we're going to try to make you forget about it." And my mom and girls didn't get their free drink since they aren't gold. (they got free drinks last year) They got bottled water instead, which I had already purchased a 12pk anyway. So OK, whatever. Again, small stuff here, but it does make a difference.

Alright, done with the venting and on with this review! I took over 400 pictures so this will be a pic heavy review :)

Yes the past guest party change pisses me off as well. I remember when I was red and was able to go to a few and then they changed it to gold while I was still red. Then after I finally made Gold now they have changed it again. Damn I've been working my ass off to get to where I am and they keep taking it away from me over and over. I guess next they will change it to diamond when I make platinum.

Not sure if you saw these reviews. Myself and two other cruisers did reviews of the Jan 31 sailing of the Dream (Mahogany Bay/Belize/Cozumel). Might be informative for you:

Indytraveler83's review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2313584

wanman's review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2314923

And my review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2315238

And, if you are lucky, Wrigley80 may have her review posted by then, and she always has excellent reviews. Enjoy your cruise :)

Raxter54 ~ thank you for all the links!!!:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So pretty. It's a good walk to the van where they meet you. You will need to be able to walk up and down hill and steps. The van meets you and transfers you to Little Frenchy's where you'll pay. It's then a five min boat ride over. Be sure to order your lunch early. It takes a while. Wonderful day. Let me know what other questions you may have. We stayed till 3. They gave us a private car transfer back to the ship

• 1 month later...

I am very grateful for your review and pictures. I'm glad your family had a good time. But this does not look like something I would be interested in and was considering booking it. You may have saved me from being a miserable cruiser!

I am very grateful for your review and pictures. I'm glad your family had a good time. But this does not look like something I would be interested in and was considering booking it. You may have saved me from being a miserable cruiser!

If you dont want to cruise after reading this review, you have made a good choice. You should never cruise. This was a great review and thanks for posting. I guess some "readers" just should not cruise ever.

Slybear, maybe I was vague and if I was, then apologies. I am a fairly seasoned cruiser. I was talking about Starfish Island as an excursion.

And from the reviews I've read about Starfish Island, THAT is a good decision on your part.

Thanks for a very informative review! I wanted to go to those ports one day and now I really do! Your pics were all good too. Nice family. My daughter and I are planning on the Dr Seuss breakfast on the Breeze this june. Looks fun! Time spent on cruises make so many special memories.

Thank you, everyone, for reading my review! I will be writing another one next month!!

As for Starfish Island, my kids decided they didn't want to go back. They'd rather stay on the ship in Belize this time. We've never stayed on board at a port, so I think they're envisioning an empty ship. Empty pool, empty slides....all for them :D

The thing I liked most about Starfish Island is that it's a Carnival excursion and we don't have to tender to the mainland first. I'm not quite as adventurous as some, especially with my kids and my mom with me. I'll do non-Carnival excursions in other ports, but being on my own in Belize scares me. I've read so many instances of missing tenders, having boats break down, etc.