My Dream Review...and I took LOTS of pics!

bluejay555

My family was on the Dream when it first started sailing from port Canaveral. We too had terrible dining service. So slow! The rest of the ship was Fantastic but the dining thing kinda ruined it for me. Our server apologized and said they were all given additional tables to take care of.

Sorry you had such slow service! Our servers looked over-worked too, as if they just had too many tables to attend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Love your review.....Nachi is the BEST for the money.....wonder why water was so bad? We went back in Dec 2011 and was clear.

Thanks for taking time for this wonderful review with awesome pics :)

Thanks! I think the water was churned up from the tropical storm that had hit just a couple days before.

Great review! I kept trying to "like" your pictures...forgot that I wasn't on Facebook! lol!

Haha, I try to do that all the time on here! We definitely need a like button :)

Great review! I kept trying to "like" your pictures...forgot that I wasn't on Facebook! lol!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the review.. a few questions..

Do the kids get a gift bag, or something like a takeway, or is it just you breakfast?

My DD is going to be 10 on the ship when we go, do you have any kids club deets to post?

Thanks!

Loved your review!!! We are seriously thinking of booking the Dream for Spring Break next year. We've been to all of these ports numerous times so it's nice to get another persons view. I think we are going to go to Little French Key, I had heard about it before but you've sealed the deal.:)

Thanks again for the time to put this together! :)

I sailed with my daughters, ages 8 and 10, and my mom. My husband got sick of cruising (crazy!!!) so this is our 3rd annual ALL GIRLS cruise. We had an amazing time and I have lots of details to give about our time on the ship and our excursions (Little French Key, Starfish Island, and Nachi Cocom).

Before I get involved in my review, I want to get the negatives out of the way:cool: I have a few gripes that did not ruin my cruise in any way, but things that I don't like. The rest of my review will be mostly positive, so bear with me for a minute here....

first, we were disappointed with anytime dining, which we chose because 6pm dinner was not available when we booked the cruise, and 8pm is too late for the kids to eat. It took hours, literally, to make it through a meal. We were getting there at 5:45 and not finishing up until after 8pm. We had to leave before dessert (which was fine) on the last night because we wanted to watch an 8pm movie at the seaside theater. And we never got to personally know the wait staff. We missed that part the most. I hope to never do anytime dining again! It was definitely not the end of the world, just not for us.

Second negative: WE MISS THE CHOCOLATE! I know, I know, super petty and not a big deal, but my kids love getting the chocolates on the bed. BOO on Carnival for taking away that small perk.

Third and final negative: I am gold VIFP and am no longer invited to the past cruiser party (or whatever they call it). I have been to that party many times and now I'm not eligible anymore?? And my free drink coupon could only be used on the last day of the cruise after 5pm. So basically they're telling me "OK here's a free drink coupon, but we really don't want you to actually use it, so we're going to try to make you forget about it." And my mom and girls didn't get their free drink since they aren't gold. (they got free drinks last year) They got bottled water instead, which I had already purchased a 12pk anyway. So OK, whatever. Again, small stuff here, but it does make a difference.

Alright, done with the venting and on with this review! I took over 400 pictures so this will be a pic heavy review :)

no chocolate mint on my pillow...but why do you think i was willing to go back to carnival.

I'm going to cry now. But I'm glad I know, while it's too late to cancel (i kid, I think?) because I would have been mad at our room guy for not leaving me my chocolate. (I tip well, when happy, I expect clean towels, my mint and towel animal).

thanks for the review!

We're sailing soon, so reading to refresh my memory. I've never done tea time, but my kid LOVES alice in wonderland and I know she'll love to do tea time.

I'm sad no mints. but the bacon mac and cheese will make up for that!!

We've only done anytime on NCL and had a similar bad experiance. Tip. you don't get early dining when you book, go once you board go to mdr and ask to switch to early dining. We've had our request honored every cruise (every line). (this time we have early without having to do that! I just need to confirm table for just us).

• 2 months later...

Thankyou for your review I can't wait till it my turn

can you tell me what time disembarking was?

We want to do a swamp tour and the times are pick up at 10:30am-11am Do you think it is doable?????? I tried to search the thread but my research skills are sadly lacking.

Thankyou for your review I can't wait till it my turn

can you tell me what time disembarking was?

We want to do a swamp tour and the times are pick up at 10:30am-11am Do you think it is doable?????? I tried to search the thread but my research skills are sadly lacking.

Totally doable! We were to our car by 8-8:30am if I remember right. We always do self-assist though.

• 4 months later...

bluejay555 ~ I just reread your review (it took me a little while to find it:)) because I am getting super excited for our Spring Break cruise in less then 3 weeks! I have a question and I'm not sure anyone asked along the way, but I was wondering if you were able to buy the Thing 1 and Thing 2 t-shirts onboard? The last time we cruised they hadn't changed over to Seuss at Sea.

After the movie, we returned to our cabin to find our first towel animal! Yay!

2015-22-6--11-55-59.jpeg_zpsjknyzt1u.png

And here is our free water and my drink coupon waiting for us. I also ordered the 12pk of water for $2.99 and that worked out great. I was watching people struggling to haul their water onboard thinking my $2.99 was money well spent! Oh well, after July, no one will be struggling with water bottles :cool:

2015-22-6--11-56-25.jpeg_zpswdpbx3ii.png

What's after July?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

bluejay555 ~ I just reread your review (it took me a little while to find it:)) because I am getting super excited for our Spring Break cruise in less then 3 weeks! I have a question and I'm not sure anyone asked along the way, but I was wondering if you were able to buy the Thing 1 and Thing 2 t-shirts onboard? The last time we cruised they hadn't changed over to Seuss at Sea.

We were just on Dream and I'm 95% sure you can. I remember seeing some Suess merchandise in the gift shops. Just in case the OP doesn't see your post, I wanted to give you an answer.

The confirmation email I received from LFK said specifically what Larry and/or David would be wearing, and that their names would be on their shirts. The letter said to not get lured away with anyone else. I can see how it would be easy to be duped though. There was a big crowd of drivers all wanting you to go with them. I'm usually a super laid back person, but I admit the experience of finding Larry made me very nervous. I do highly recommend LFK though!!

Your pictures of LFK are amazing! I've read that their facility was vandalized and some of their animals taken...are things ok now?

I'm not sure about the tshirts. I remember seeing some in Cherry on Top but I don't think they were Thing 1/2. They sell a bunch of Dr. Seuss stuff online, and you can go to the carnival website and click on "manage" and then "in-room gifts and shopping" to see all the Seuss merchandise.

Have a great time on your spring break cruise!!!