Deluxe Lobster Lunch & Champagne Cruise - Anyone ever do this?

redneony

Hi all!

Just wondered if I'd get lucky enough to find some people who have taken part in this excursion through Carnival.

http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/411035

It sounds amazing - it's a 6-hour-long catamaran party with a terrific-looking lobster lunch, open bar, champagne and 2-3 private beach stops. There is only one review on the Carnival website, which raves about it...

... just curious. :) I'm going on my first cruise for our honeymoon on January 19th, 2013 on the new Carnival Breeze, and Antigua is one of our ports. I don't know anything about cruising or excursions outside of what I've read about on the website and in the forums, so any guidance would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks!

Erin

Edited by redneony

We've never done this particular excursion, but if you're into snorkelling and lobster sheck out this site: http://www.creolecruisesantigua.com/index.html

Glen will make sure you have a good time and excellent lobster (with all the trimmings) along with lots of rum punch. You'll visit an uninhabited island for exploring and also snorkel with starfish. I'd highly recommend his tour, and if you go with him tell him Jeff from Indiana sent you.

Fellow Fort Wayner! :) Thanks. I will keep this in mind. The reason I asked about this excursion is because there are three things we want to do in Antigua and are having a hard time picking what we want to do out of those three. Antigua is just so FUN :eek:

Edited by redneony

We've never done this particular excursion, but if you're into snorkelling and lobster sheck out this site: http://www.creolecruisesantigua.com/index.html

Glen will make sure you have a good time and excellent lobster (with all the trimmings) along with lots of rum punch. You'll visit an uninhabited island for exploring and also snorkel with starfish. I'd highly recommend his tour, and if you go with him tell him Jeff from Indiana sent you.

We've gone with Creole twice and LOVE this excursion. I have pics on my Serenade review from 2010 if you want to get a good idea of the day. I highly recommend it as well :)

• 2 weeks later...

we are seasoned caibbean cruisers (over 20 cruises) and have done hundreds of excursions. by far, this one ranks near the top. the boat was fast and fun, they pick you up near the pier, the snorkeling was good, not great, and the lunch was superb, and you could pretty much drink all the wine and rum puch you wanted. a great day!!

steve

• 5 weeks later...

I too would like to know more about this excursion. I believe Celebrity offers the same one. I am wondering how many people the catamarn holds. Creole looks fantastic and holds about 25 people but I really wanted to sail on a cat, which I have never done. I am not thrilled going too fast one the water. My hubby gets the boat over 20mph and I am screaming at him!!!

Princess also offers "Champagne & Lobster Lunch, Scenic Cruise & Swim" on some sailings. If they do on ours in January, we'll be there.

Please ... Please ... Those of you taking this one on your upcoming cruises ... keep us updated on how you liked it.

• 4 weeks later...
We have decided to do this excursion from the Celebrity ship in November. I will try to remember to report back to you. Kaye

Yes, please let us know how you liked it when you get back! We are going on Celebrity in December and will consider this. Sounds like fun!

Edited by BSrwoawnn

This sounds like the same tour we took with Celebrity in March. If it is, don't miss it. It was one of the best tours we have ever been on. I believe it was about 6 hours long - took us to 2 separate beaches to swim and while we were at the first beach they set up the grill on the deck and grilled lobsters while we sailed to the second beach. I believe it was a little over $100 per person but worth every single penny.

• 2 weeks later...
This sounds like the same tour we took with Celebrity in March. If it is, don't miss it. It was one of the best tours we have ever been on. I believe it was about 6 hours long - took us to 2 separate beaches to swim and while we were at the first beach they set up the grill on the deck and grilled lobsters while we sailed to the second beach. I believe it was a little over $100 per person but worth every single penny.

Ugggggh... that sounds so nice right now. Vacation is too far away.

This looks really nice. I will continue to watch the reviews.

Was on the Excellence in March and it has scared me silly to do anything in Antigua again! We, and most on our fellow excursion mates, had the most horrifying experience. I swear they laced the rum punch with drugs! Within an hour of a couple rum punches, people were puking, passing out, one lady could not find her husband and he had passed out in a locked bathroom (the crew traveled back 30 minutes to a beach looking for him, all the while he was locked in the privy on the boat), etc....it was just horrible! And the snorkeling was the worst we've ever experienced...actually scraping our belly on coral and unable to step down because of sea urchins everywhere!

Antigua was very beautiful when sailing around the island...and since we are going back next January on another cruise, we don't want to hide out on the ship all day, but hopefully find an excursion that will make all the bad memories of Antigua fade away.

Was on the Mystic II catamaran excursion through RCL in November, which included passengers from Princess and Celebrity also - it usually includes multiple ship passengers depending on which ships are in port that day. Was very fun - 2 beach stops, a great grilled lobster lunch, nice tour around the island, lots of rum punch. I sure don't remember champagne though.

Was on the Excellence catamaran excursion through Princess in April and saw the Mystic II at one of the beach stops. Basically the same excursion but without the lobster lunch and I think a little less people on this one. Again, very fun and lots of rum punch.

Just be careful not to drink too much of the punch and you'll enjoy yourself on either one. But I'd opt for the lobster lunch, SO good! So Mystic II would be my recommendation.

Edited by Sandy Sails

Was on the Mystic II catamaran excursion through RCL in November, which included passengers from Princess and Celebrity also - it usually includes multiple ship passengers depending on which ships are in port that day. Was very fun - 2 beach stops, a great grilled lobster lunch, nice tour around the island, lots of rum punch. I sure don't remember champagne though.

Was on the Excellence catamaran excursion through Princess in April and saw the Mystic II at one of the beach stops. Basically the same excursion but without the lobster lunch and I think a little less people on this one. Again, very fun and lots of rum punch.

Just be careful not to drink too much of the punch and you'll enjoy yourself on either one. But I'd opt for the lobster lunch, SO good! So Mystic II would be my recommendation.

Do you remember about how many we're on for the lobster lunch cruise?

Just got back yesterday from Carnival Freedom. The excursion was on the Mystic II catamaran. I expected there to be snorkeling, there wasn't unless you work very very hard at it and at only 1 stop.

We only went to 2 beaches. Although they did go into every bay/inlet we passed and pointed out various resorts and the island home of a famous clothing designer.

Once the lobster lunch(they were tasty) started there was alcohol everywhere and passed out bottles of champaign like they was party favors. I have some hilarious photos of people standing in the ocean all holding their own bottle and raising toasts.

The crew took a lot of time trying to make sure people were enjoying themselves. They danced with a lot of the ladies including some grinding with a lady in a wheel chair, she seemed to really be enjoying it. They danced with any of the ladies who were interested, in fact there was quite a little mob of dancers for a while enjoying the music on the way back to the boat. At 45 minutes for the return I can assure you they had all the time they wanted to dance.

So....There was a BBQ chicken alternative for those who didn't like or can't eat shellfish. Plenty to drink after the first beach. Snorkeling can only be found where the birds are feeding at the first location but it's a dangerous spot, lots of fire coral that can sneak up on you fast because the water is cloudy. People who love beaches will enjoy it. People who enjoy a good drink will love it. People who get snookered and roll around in the catamaran nets will love it. *chuckle* :p

• 2 months later...