Royal Princess Positives

stag

Balcony size:

We selected E109 which is obstructed Deluxe Balcony. The balcony is about 100 square feet, see picture. The front panel is not glass but steel hence the obstructed. When I leaned out the rail, I could see ocean directly under. Most balconies could see the tender boats or promenade walks of deck 7. The draw back is that these few cabins are under the bridge. Bridge staff may activate the window wipers unexpectedly. The window washer liquid may spray down to the balconies.

Theater:

No post, every seat is a good seat.

Horizon Court:

Instead of serving food in assembly line style, it is set up in separate stations, soup and sandwich, pastry, fruit, bistro, dessert, etc. Tables are further apart.

Coffee in HC and MDR:

It is brewed, not from concentrate. It definitely tastes better.

1763908198_E109Balcony.jpg.510e9aa894fe7fd8eab60dc4582b679b.jpg

We took Aug 22 to Sep 3 voyage. Weather was perfect. The partitions are tall that blocked most wind. Aegean Sea was absolutely calm. We thought about E106 vs E109. Since we were going westward, The starboard E109 would be mostly northern facing that might get less sun.

Description of the attached 2 pictures:

1. Balconies above, the bridge is on top center of the picture.

2. Very calm Aegean Sea, the ship was traveling around 20 knots.

857124330_Balconiesabove.jpg.2c7da9777e6d465d3fd9711a8bf0c1ea.jpg

1586050303_VeryCalmSea.jpg.30d278e52f42c1c8487e54c2e4c6aaab.jpg

Thank you thank you thank you! I've been searching for pictures of these balconies to no avail - we have E109 booked for next summer and I am so happy to see the pic of the balcony! And thanks for the "heads-up" (pun intended) regarding the washer spray!

More on the positive: These could be controversial

Objects on hallway

On the first night, the Cruise Director announced at the theater asking passengers not to leave any objects such as walkers, wheelchairs, scooters, power equipment, etc. in the hallway. Unattended objects will be removed. I have been to another line (name withheld). At night, there were all kinds of physical challenging equipment on the hallway. Although some people may not agree, I think this announcement is positive. During emergency evacuation, these objects could be a death trap.

Salt in food

I found less salt in most food, especially in soup, especially in onion soup.

Objects on hallway

On the first night, the Cruise Director announced at the theater asking passengers not to leave any objects such as walkers, wheelchairs, scooters, power equipment, etc. in the hallway. Unattended objects will be removed.

Doesn't Cunard already do this as well?

• 1 month later...

Just saw this post with the view of the balcony shot from inside the room. Like others have posted, I've been looking for some live shots taken by real cruisers of Room E109. Thank you for posting these.

I hope to post some of my own after we sail in January. Looking forward to that big balcony! :)

We took Aug 22 to Sep 3 voyage. Weather was perfect. The partitions are tall that blocked most wind. Aegean Sea was absolutely calm. We thought about E106 vs E109. Since we were going westward, The starboard E109 would be mostly northern facing that might get less sun.

Description of the attached 2 pictures:

1. Balconies above, the bridge is on top center of the picture.

2. Very calm Aegean Sea, the ship was traveling around 20 knots.

Oooh, so those balconies right up front would be the S5 balconies? OK now I'm very confused - it shows our room has TWO sliders to the extra long balcony, but this photo shows balcony dividers between the first two sliding doors - so does that mean my room actually only has ONE sliding door, and the balcony isn't as long as we've been thinking?? Or that for some reason they have the balcony divided (which wouldn't be as bad because we could open that)? :confused: :(

Nice that it was announced not to leave walkers etc in hallway. Apparently not our our recent Royal because we kept seeing trays of dirty dishes put right in the hallway. Not even against their doors, but right out in the open. When we saw people in these cabins, did say something (call room service to collect from your room or room steward can take, but not in hallways) If someone wasn't looking down, yuck.

I found this very prevelent on this cruise and not on other Princess ships.

The Good on this ship (to stay on topic).

Great cabins with Big screen tv's (and free movies on demand).

Improved Horizon Ct and Bistro.

Beautiful looking ship

Beds so comfy

Showers in bathrooms much improved.

Archived