Back on the Enchantment once again! ~~ Solo Picture Review ~~

mpoole3

Day 1

Hi friends!

I'm back from the beautiful Enchantment of The Seas weekend cruise. This is my 18th cruise and they just keep getting better. I've done this weekend cruise on the enchantment 3 times this year and here are my other two reviews from January and June:

January: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1980397

June: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2059380

I'm going to try really hard to write this review from a different angle.

I recently moved to South Georgia and it's only a 5.5 hours drive to port, so I'll likely be doing this cruise one a month now. For those of you who have never read my reviews before, sometimes I go solo and for this cruise I did. I actually didn't book the cruise until Wednesday morning, yes two days prior! For those curious about the rate it was $380 with $50 OBC, not the best deal I've had but not terrible for a solo rate.

Here we go friends...

Just a fun picture, no worries my editing is not that bad! :p

IMG_4427_zps557e74e1.jpg

Okay I know I'm all over the board, but it must take us back to Thursday morning...

It was 9:03AM I was hosting my weekly sales meeting with my staff and I felt my phone vibrating and the caller ID shows "Miami, FL" so guess who stopped their meeting to take the call?

I knew it was from Royal Caribbean cooperate office and certainly glad I took the call, they wanted to welcome me back on board and invite me on a bridge tour! Many of the CC members have been on the bridge before, but not this guy! More on the tour later, as it occurred on Day 3 as we left coco cay.

Okay why not include a sneak peak now of the bridge?

That's ME!

IMG_5166_zps2f59abd6.jpg

So can we start day 1 now?

Friday, October 3rd I woke up at 4am showered and headed to Florida. I get so excited on embarkation day, literally like a kid in a candy shop. I actually refer to cruising as my "happy place" and it's the only reason I work so many hours each week.

I decided to park at park-n-cruise again ($33), if you read my last review you know my last experience there, my cell phone disappeared out of my car. The owner was very helpful, though not able to replace the phone I decided to give them a try again. However, I did let them know I won't be leaving my keys this time and parking the car myself. They were a little slower than usual trying to fill the shuttle, which I understand, just kinda annoying when you are that excited to get on board!

So I finally get to the pier around 11:30 and what do I see? Lines everywhere, total meltdown. They has the United States coast guard was on board doing an inspection which delayed everything, but what can you do. By this point I was an unhappy camper who was starving. Around 12:00 the lines started moving and didn't take that long to check-in. it's just weird because a few months ago it was a ghost town during check-in around noon.

What's the first thing I do once I get on board you ask? Head to park cafe for the famous roast beef sandwich, but wait it's not roast beef, it's pork roast. I've never seen this done before but I'm guessing they are trying to cut cost by changing the meat. It was actually not that good, I mean the salt on the bun made up for it, but still a little disappointing.

IMG_4377_zps7834424a.jpg

Now that I resolved that issue, you know filling the tummy it was "sippin' time" as they call it. I decided to get the select package, which including beer & wine at $35 per person per day.

IMG_4421_zpsf23d6c5b.jpg

So I’m not sure if some of you will benefit from this post, but I always read on post, what type of alcohol is service on board? And yes, while I was at the pool bar sipping on stella I was thinking about my cruise critic friends, so I took pictures of all their bottles. If some of you are wondering if I got weird looks, the answer is yes, I just told them I had a drinking problem and that's why I cruise solo! :D:D

IMG_4288_zpsd40d7c2c.jpg

IMG_4285_zps6a4ed91d.jpg

IMG_4286_zpsc7d6a9f6.jpg

The St. Martin brand is the house wine for those wondering.

IMG_4287_zpsec0b6844.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

I booked an inside cabin on deck 3 aft, 3659. I’m one of those people who say don’t sweat the small stuff on vacation and try to look past everything. But bottom line, this cabin was SO LOUD! I would stay on deck 2 time and time again before deck 3 again. I could hear chairs moving, ect. Was it a big issue, no, but going forward I’ll pick deck 2 or much higher. My usual is a deck above me and below me, to block all sounds.

So here’s my cabin.

IMG_4277_zpsf5ed1c82.jpg

IMG_4278_zps358baa39.jpg

I use the same cruise planner for most of my cruises and he surprised me with two bottles of champagne. No worries, I found some friends to help me drink them!

IMG_4276_zpsef767725.jpg

Loving the review! Awesome pictures. What camera do you use?

Enchantment is so beautiful. We only live 3hrs away but with a family of five it is hard to make a short getaway like that happen.

After sailing on the Enchantment 4 times now, she is starting to quickly become my favorite.

I love the crew, starting to learn most of their names which is always nice seeing them again!

I use a Canon 60D with a 135mm & 55mm prime lens.

All I can say, is just wait until the shot I took of her docked in Nassau Saturday night, hands down best picture I've ever taken.

After sailing on the Enchantment 4 times now, she is starting to quickly become my favorite.

I love the crew, starting to learn most of their names which is always nice seeing them again!

I use a Canon 60D with a 135mm & 55mm prime lens.

All I can say, is just wait until the shot I took of her docked in Nassau Saturday night, hands down best picture I've ever taken.

Can't wait, all of your shots are amazing. Love the vividness of the colors. The black and white pic at the top looks like the ship is a ghost ship.

Oh, and I forgot. Is Marc still on board?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Well as you all know I booked just 2 days prior to sailing and as figured I didn’t have a dinning table. So I went down to the dinning room and requested a large table, since I was cruising solo and was quickly told, “we are full, so you need to visit MTD” I’m not going to lie, this P*ssed me off, but I’m actually used to being pushed around, as I look younger and it always happens. I mean you should see the faces when I walk into the diamond lounge, but as I always say, I don’t sweat the small stuff, so dinner tonight was in the windjammer!

IMG_4381_zps7b174ac0.jpg

Yes they have sushi! But I didn't try any...

IMG_4383_zpsdba3fbd2.jpg

I'm not going to lie I was pretty tired at this point, which is usually not my style. I decided to call it a night after dinner, I mean a day of drinking and getting up at 4am! It was earned sleep right?

But on my way back to the cabin I took the top deck and grabbed a few sunset shots. (better ones on night 3)

IMG_4356_zpse4438d3e.jpg

IMG_4358_zps87c8dfee.jpg

Since I'm all rested I woke up early and had a great breakfast in Park Cafe. This is my favorite place to have breakfast, you don't have to fight the big crowds and the food is a lot better.

For those of you wondering what it is, or where it is? If I had to compare their breakfast to anything on land it would be panera, but guess what? Park Cafe if FREE! Also, it's located in the solarium.

After a fruit cup and breakfast burriro I explore around the ship, I'm sorry I didn't take any pictures at breakfast.

They were in full swing ready for halloween!

IMG_4336_zpsf34f3768.jpg

IMG_5163_zpsb0a11e79.jpg

Well today is so full of post; all I can say is bare with me as I have just about every moment of my day documented.

We dock in Nassau at Noon – Midnight.

They have a full lunch buffet going and I see my new friends walking up to the bar, little did I know my whole day was about to change.

IMG_4423_zps4f647043.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

Thanks for posting, we love the Enchantment. One our favorites. We head south for the winter and stay in Cocoa Beach, and hop on the Enchantment often, last minute deals are the best. We love to be casual on this ship, and often visit the Windjammer for a quick dinner. Thanks for getting us geared up for our January cruises.