Alaska 2018 Schedule?

dannip711

I'm booked on the April 27 2018 Alaska cruise already so May should be coming out soon.

That cruise you booked is a one-off round trip Los Angeles to Alaska that based on its timing was opened for booking with the 2017-18 California Coastal season.

The actual Summer 2018 Alaska season could be released anytime between late November and next spring, though in another thread asking about Summer 2018 Europe it was indicated that all of Summer 2018 should be released fairly early in that range. So a little more patience required of the OP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruzsnooze viewpost.gif

I'm booked on the April 27 2018 Alaska cruise already so May should be coming out soon.

That cruise you booked is a one-off round trip Los Angeles to Alaska that based on its timing was opened for booking with the 2017-18 California Coastal season.

The actual Summer 2018 Alaska season could be released anytime between late November and next spring, though in another thread asking about Summer 2018 Europe it was indicated that all of Summer 2018 should be released fairly early in that range. So a little more patience required of the OP.

cruzsnoozecould be referring to the Golden Princess Tokyo-Vancouver cruise leaving the same day and incorporating a full southbound Voyage of the Glaciers.

Speaking of which, does that mean the Golden Princess is returning to Alaska for 2018?

We don't know yet and won't know till the 2018 cruises for after April are released. Hopefully, it won't be a "one off". It's heavily booked and was only made available 2 months ago.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruzsnooze viewpost.gif

cruzsnoozecould be referring to the Golden Princess Tokyo-Vancouver cruise leaving the same day and incorporating a full southbound Voyage of the Glaciers.

Speaking of which, does that mean the Golden Princess is returning to Alaska for 2018?

Nope, referring to a 12 day round trip from LA on the Emerald. We are on that one as well. Right after that the Emerald will have a 3 day from LA to Vancouver, probably re-positioning for the Alaska season.

Edited by ar1950

I'm sure this question has been asked already, so please forgive me... But I was wondering when to expect Princess to release the 2018 dates (May specifically) for its Alaska sailings?

You have months to wait.

Could someone tell me what "one off" means.

It's usually a cruise offered only once during a year, most times it has to do with repositioning a ship from one area to another, or segment of a very long cruise. Example is there may be only one TransAtlantic cruise this year for a ship from Europe to the USA, as it's sailing back here for the season.

The pricing for some 2017 Alaska cruises on Princess was released on 2015-12-03.

So pricing for Alaska 2018 will be released in December 2016? I was hoping to book Alaska September 2018 on our California October 2016 cruise.

So pricing for Alaska 2018 will be released in December 2016? I was hoping to book Alaska September 2018 on our California October 2016 cruise.

Buy future cruse credits while on board your October cruise. $100.00 per person and you use it for the deposit on any future cruise. You also will get on board credits (amount is determined by the number of days and cabin category). Fully refundable if you don't use it within 2 years.

So pricing for Alaska 2018 will be released in December 2016?
I've no idea. All I know is that there was at least one Alaska cruise on Princess in 2017 for which pricing was released in December 2015.

Past performance is no indication of future returns.

• 3 months later...