Upgrading drink package

mvh

We are considering booking the Seaside next year and one of the perks for a balcony is the Mealtime drink package. Does anyone know for sure if you can upgrade to an unlimited package and what the additional cost is per person and do both adults have to do it?

We are considering booking the Seaside next year and one of the perks for a balcony is the Mealtime drink package. Does anyone know for sure if you can upgrade to an unlimited package and what the additional cost is per person and do both adults have to do it?
We booked an Aurea Package with the clasdic drink package and upgraded to the premium package . Price was €49 PP . I have seen others qouted $56 PP or there abouts

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Yes, i was quoted $399 for 2 adults and it has to be for the 2 of you in the cabin.

I believe you misread the question, The original post was asking about upgrading from mealtime drink package to all inclusive. From classic to deluxe was $56/pp per week, but they are not Aurea, as they only had mealtime drink package which was a promo for Fantastica and maybe Bellla as well.

Booked on the 10/27 Seaside cruise. We are in a Bella Balcony. We received a dinner drink package with booking. Problem: we do not drink wine or beer...

Question #1: can we upgrade to classic drink package for a reasonable price?

Question #2: can we purchase drink coupons? Did that on our Divinia cruise.

I read through previous posts but still confused. Thanks for any help...

Booked on the 10/27 Seaside cruise. We are in a Bella Balcony. We received a dinner drink package with booking. Problem: we do not drink wine or beer...

I was quoted $399 total for 2 adults to upgrade from Mealtime Package to All-Inclusive Classic. All people in cabin have to upgrade, so no option to only have 1 person upgrade, etc. Drink Coupons are no longer being sold. Hope that helps!!

Thanks. Can we use the dinner pkg. for soft drinks?If we can, any idea the dollar value of the dinner drink package?
Yes, you can have beer, wine and soda. You just swipe your card at the self serve machines at the buffet or give your card to your waiter in the MDR. No idea about the dollar value, it has never been sold as an option as far as I know. It has been previously reported that you can upgrade to the classic all inclusive package for 399 per couple for a 7 day cruise and an additional 112 per couple for the additional upgrade from the classic to the deluxe. So it would run 511 to go from the mealtime to the deluxe. The deluxe is normally 55 pp per day, or 770 plus 15% for the week for a couple. So paying 511 is much better than having to pay over 900 (770 plus 15%)

Thanks. Can we use the dinner pkg. for soft drinks?If we can, any idea the dollar value of the dinner drink package?

I'm basing my calculations on the inclusive drinks package being $55 pppd. If the upgrade to this from the mealtime package is $399 for 2 people, that works out at $26.50 pp for the mealtime package. It does, indeed, cover soft drinks:

MEALTIME PACKAGE

Unlimited wine (a choice of 2 white, 2 red and 1 rosé house brands), mineral water, draft beer, sodas and fruit juices during lunch and dinner.

The drinks included in this package are for consumption in the main restaurants and the self-service buffet, but not in the specialty restaurants.

I'm basing my calculations on the inclusive drinks package being $55 pppd. If the upgrade to this from the mealtime package is $399 for 2 people, that works out at $26.50 pp for the mealtime package. It does, indeed, cover soft drinks:

MEALTIME PACKAGE

Unlimited wine (a choice of 2 white, 2 red and 1 rosé house brands), mineral water, draft beer, sodas and fruit juices during lunch and dinner.

The drinks included in this package are for consumption in the main restaurants and the self-service buffet, but not in the specialty restaurants.

Bea, it would actually be 8.00 per day pp cheaper, based on the 47 per day for the classic. The 399 is for the mealtime to classic upgrade, not the mealtime to deluxe upgrade.

Bea, it would actually be 8.00 per day pp cheaper, based on the 47 per day for the classic. The 399 is for the mealtime to classic upgrade, not the mealtime to deluxe upgrade.

You're quite right, SNJ. I mistakenly thought the classic package was $55 instead of $47.

That seems more in line with the price quoted on the website of $18.50 pppd:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

It's just that someone on another thread queried this mealtime price.

I usually avoid discussions about MSC prices for cruises where the currency onboard is USD :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...

We are going on the Orchestra in Aug aurea cabin so it has the classic drinks package although they are still calling it allegrissimo so I called to see how much an upgrade would be for our 12 day 11 nights cruise and was told it was $26 per person per day so $286 per person for the time on board. X 5 of us would be $1430!!!

I had thought that if it was based upon the $56 for 7 days cruise that it should be comparable and work out to about $88 per person for the cruise. This seems quite a lot more so we are not going to upgrade and will have to make do with the lesser gins (Gordons and beefeater) instead of Tanqueray/ten and Bombay sapphire.

Perhaps we can just pay the difference which would be around a $1 for each drink we want a premium alcohol which would be a lot cheaper than the $26 per day.

Soda and bottled water are also included.

We are going on the Orchestra in Aug aurea cabin so it has the classic drinks package although they are still calling it allegrissimo so I called to see how much an upgrade would be for our 12 day 11 nights cruise and was told it was $26 per person per day so $286 per person for the time on board. X 5 of us would be $1430!!!

I had thought that if it was based upon the $56 for 7 days cruise that it should be comparable and work out to about $88 per person for the cruise. This seems quite a lot more so we are not going to upgrade and will have to make do with the lesser gins (Gordons and beefeater) instead of Tanqueray/ten and Bombay sapphire.

Perhaps we can just pay the difference which would be around a $1 for each drink we want a premium alcohol which would be a lot cheaper than the $26 per day.

The $56 is the difference between the classic and the deluxe packages when the onboard currency is in US$. Your Orchestra cruise drinks package prices are different as the currency onboard is in Euros. The basic package (which is known as the All-Inclusive Restaurant & Bar drinks package) which is included in Aurea bookings is €21 and the deluxe is €40. These prices are for 9+ night cruises. Now, this is where it gets a bit complicated. On cruises of <9 nights, the prices are €26 and €50, respectively. The difference between the 2 is €24. MSC charges the €24 pppd to upgrade regardless of the cruise length. So MSC charging $26 is in, or around, the same as the Euro price.

You can't pay the difference in price for a drink outside of your package coverage - you must pay the full price.

Thank you, I do understand what you are saying as although I live in America I am actually from England. It does seem a shame that they have different rules for different ship and destinations. The rep did say that I could perhaps pay the difference but suspect she did not know that for sure.

Oh well I am sure we will still have fun and this is our first time on MSC but they did match my status from NCL to be a black card so hopefully that will add to our enjoyment on board as maybe I will go on other MSC cruises. I did wonder if it would be better to not choose aurea level cabin and go lower and just pay for the deluxe drinks package but I really prefer the ability to go to dinner when we want rather than being assigned a time, I could care less about the free massage although being able to use the spa might be a nice addition.

I will know much more once I have completed this cruise as to whether I want to take another with them or choose a different level. Thanks for your input

:D

The $56 is the difference between the classic and the deluxe packages when the onboard currency is in US$. Your Orchestra cruise drinks package prices are different as the currency onboard is in Euros. The basic package (which is known as the All-Inclusive Restaurant & Bar drinks package) which is included in Aurea bookings is €21 and the deluxe is €40. These prices are for 9+ night cruises. Now, this is where it gets a bit complicated. On cruises of <9 nights, the prices are €26 and €50, respectively. The difference between the 2 is €24. MSC charges the €24 pppd to upgrade regardless of the cruise length. So MSC charging $26 is in, or around, the same as the Euro price.

You can't pay the difference in price for a drink outside of your package coverage - you must pay the full price.

I just did it and the cost was 199.50 per person. 534UPGAD- UPGRADE 734 - 534 05/19/18

just spoke to msc Australia about upgrading our classic aurea to deluxe drink package and she basically just said no! Not available. I asked whether it was just our sailing or seaside in general and she said seaside in general......

MSC really need to get their act together when it comes to information

Agreed, they need at least to be consistent across all the sailings and ship regardless of euros or dollars bing used.

just spoke to msc Australia about upgrading our classic aurea to deluxe drink package and she basically just said no! Not available. I asked whether it was just our sailing or seaside in general and she said seaside in general......

MSC really need to get their act together when it comes to information