Unlimited drink package -Aurea experience

ranchette

No cannot. But we were able to upgrade to the deluxe drink package for 56$ a person. With the upgrade you may use the minibar and get drinks from room service. We like to sit on our balcony and enjoy cocktails, so it is worth it for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No cannot. But we were able to upgrade to the deluxe drink package for 56$ a person. With the upgrade you may use the minibar and get drinks from room service. We like to sit on our balcony and enjoy cocktails, so it is worth it for us.

$56 for the length of the cruise?

were you able to upgrade from the website, or did you have to call? I currently have Aurea

I was only able to do it via phone. The first CS I spoke with said it wasn't a thing or at least she didn't know how. Hung up and called back. New CS said it was a button on a back screen newer CS would maybe not know about. Had no trouble booking it and now eagerly awaiting our cruise to enjoy it. I was particularly interested because only Deluxe gets included mini bar and chocolate-covered gelato bars.

Yes.. 56$ per person total for the upgrade. That is for a 7 day cruise.

I do not understand this at all $56 to upgrade from a mealtime package to a deluxe package for the entire 7 day cruise? This does not sound right to me..

I am on the Seaside in October 2019...and i have right now a mealtime package....if i want to upgrade to a classic or deluxe package how much extra would it cost me? I am sailing solo...and everyone is saying $399 per couple to upgrade...so then if for one person, it would cost me $200 to upgrade? Can anyone help me out here?

Please contact me at catfin7atgmaildotcom....Thank You

I do not understand this at all $56 to upgrade from a mealtime package to a deluxe package for the entire 7 day cruise? This does not sound right to me..

I am on the Seaside in October 2019...and i have right now a mealtime package....if i want to upgrade to a classic or deluxe package how much extra would it cost me? I am sailing solo...and everyone is saying $399 per couple to upgrade...so then if for one person, it would cost me $200 to upgrade? Can anyone help me out here?

Aurea bookings get the classic all-inclusive drinks package as a benefit. It is $56 pp to upgrade this to the deluxe (premium) package on a 7 night cruise.

The difference in price between the mealtime drink package and the classic all-inclusive is $199.50 pp - $47-$18.50 (that's the mealtime package price) X7. To upgrade from mealtime to deluxe just add the $56 to that.

ETA If you upgrade on the ship, you will be charged a 15% service charge on top of these prices.

• 2 weeks later...
I have just tried to upgrade the Aurea drinks package to deluxe by phone but the lady at MSC categorically stated it wasn’t possible to do so. I mentioned the upgrade code etc. but to no avail! I shall keep trying, got until May next year to manage it!

I have had the same was told because it’s a Caribbean Cruise!

Will upgrade on board next month.

I just called for the 4th time and manged to get some one who knew how to do the upgrade. So went from classic to deluxe on a Caribbean cruise for $56 per pax. She did mention this is a new option that has only been available since Seaside launched so a lot of the staff dont know how to do it yet.

Nikki ... Ours was done by email to msc UK who then rang me to pay for it, so someone is telling you Porkies.

Watch this space!

I have just spoken to MSC U.K. again and she said call my agent and ask them to call.

Agent CN have said can’t do as don’t have a code...

I have told her the code and she said “Oh, and will call MSC and then call me back! .....”

They really don’t seem to want my money!

Watch this space!

I have just spoken to MSC U.K. again and she said call my agent and ask them to call.

Agent CN have said can’t do as don’t have a code...

I have told her the code and she said “Oh, and will call MSC and then call me back! .....”

They really don’t seem to want my money!

Nikki ... I have had the same response from my travel agent, so I emailed Stuart at MSC who says that I have to upgrade via the travel agent ! Seems like the travel agents don't to do the work to me.

Mine also said the price would be £42.00pp which is an Increase of £7pp since Xmas.

If mine still refuses I will make more noises to MSC and transfer my booking if I can, failing that I will contact the CEO of the UK office.

I’ve had no problem upgrading the drink packages for my American clients.

Hi, Durban. Are you a travel agent? If so, can you help me with an upgraded drink package?

Thanks!

I just called for the 4th time and manged to get some one who knew how to do the upgrade. So went from classic to deluxe on a Caribbean cruise for $56 per pax. She did mention this is a new option that has only been available since Seaside launched so a lot of the staff dont know how to do it yet.

Yes the person who did the upgrade for me said they have to click through to another page and not everyone knows how to do it. We had quite an amusing discussion regarding workplaces not doing easy or common sense anymore and logic of course is completely outlawed as to why more CS are not trained to do so. My overall experience has been the CS people are really quite lovely, but very constrained by time and lack of training. So the same it seems as other MSC employees. Whups did I write that out loud? :eek: :halo: :)

Sadly much like my own workplace. I feel for them.

Book with MSC direct as we did for the Xmas sailing and no issue to upgrade, book via a TA and you get every excuse under the sun from both as to why it can't be done !

I even said you are losing some commission!