Mariner of the Seas

I am surprised that not a soul has posted anything about the Mariner since her dry docking. I was hoping someone would log into CC and give us some info on how wonderful she looks all gussied up...maybe with pictures!

I am surprised that not a soul has posted anything about the Mariner since her dry docking. I was hoping someone would log into CC and give us some info on how wonderful she looks all gussied up...maybe with pictures!

I believe that she is on her first cruise out of drydock, and it's her TA, so the cruise is happening right now. No one is back yet.

I believe that she is on her first cruise out of drydock, and it's her TA, so the cruise is happening right now. No one is back yet.

I understand that...but I am surprised that with all the CC members on the TA not one has taken a few minutes (with all those sea days) to check in with some information. I am just anxious to hear. :)

I understand that...but I am surprised that with all the CC members on the TA not one has taken a few minutes (with all those sea days) to check in with some information. I am just anxious to hear. :)

Maybe then have logged on about 3 days ago and with the speed of the internet.......

I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing what she is like.

I sail on her in 23 days and can't wait. I'm taking my Dad on this cruise. He's never been on a cruise before at 72 years of age and I'm looking forward to it for him, more than me.

I thinK Enchantment will be a good change to PC. With Carnival having a new Terminal That leaves terminal 10 to RCCL . Enchantment will be departing on Mondays & Fridays and the Freedom departs on Sunday that leaves Saturday open. OK RCCL let,s fill that day with another ship doing 7 day cruise,s maybe the MARINER OF THE SEAS !!! bring her back to her home port.

Thank you for the info..

asia? damnnn!!! i was married on the mariner in 05 and the wife & i wanted to do our 10th anniversary on it, but i cant get her to fly to europe, never mind asia!!!

I'm also looking forward to news and pictures. I'm on the 16th June sailing but have not received my e-tickets yet, is this normal? I thought I'd have had them by now?

We are on that sailing and have gotten our electronic check in docs/set sail pass already. You might want to give someone from Royal a call if you still have not gotten anything from them.

We are on that sailing and have gotten our electronic check in docs/set sail pass already. You might want to give someone from Royal a call if you still have not gotten anything from them.

Thanks for your reply. I woke up to an e-mail from them this morning, just about had a panic attack when it said change of flight times :eek:! I've already booked other travel and stuff to get us to the airport. However the only change is that our flight lands 10 minutes earlier. Maybe now they will send release our cruise docs. If not I'll give them a call on Monday. :)

Thanks for your reply. I woke up to an e-mail from them this morning, just about had a panic attack when it said change of flight times :eek:! I've already booked other travel and stuff to get us to the airport. However the only change is that our flight lands 10 minutes earlier. Maybe now they will send release our cruise docs. If not I'll give them a call on Monday. :)

Cruise e-docs have arrived and I've ordered my luggage tags online! Properly excited now :D

Still hoping for photographs and reviews from Mariner.

Ooooh...Mariner was just in drydock??? Good to know! We juuuust booked 12/2 out of Galveston. It was, in a way, a leap of faith booking with RCI. We've only cruised twice, both with Disney, and are in loooove with cruising. I'm especially happy to hear Mariner has had a very recent trip to the spa. That's a very good sign! Now to just go seek out more info about the ship, about the drydock treatments, excursions, etc.....

I'm also looking forward to news and pictures. I'm on the 16th June sailing but have not received my e-tickets yet, is this normal? I thought I'd have had them by now?

we are on june 23rd sailing and got our e tickets last week

We're Back from Mariner!

So a mini-review. MUCH laonger review of the cruise to follow in a few days. Hopefully with pictures.

Dry Dock Related:

1. LCD TV in stateroom. MANY did not work for several days and techs were onboard scrambling to fix them. Took several days to get satelite feeds working but after that all was fine.

2. Poolside BIG screen was working by day 5 and mostly had just a canned RCI video loop. Later they played movies in the evenings.

3. WiFi in stateroom was flawless (for me) and seemed reasonably fast too.

4. Boardwalk Dog House is very small at at one end of the main pool area. Italian Sausage was OK but not very spicy.

5. Ben & Jerry's is just a small corner of the Promenade Cafe counter/bar.

6. 19th Hole conversion to Diamond Lounge was completed by day 4 but due to large number on the TA it was reported to be crowded.

7. Giovanni's Table replacement for Portofino was completed at sailing time and is very nice looking. We ate there twice and enjoyed it a lot both times. Good quality and large quantity.

8. Royal Tots area was not done but there were no tots to use it so that did not matter.

9. The info screens were a HUGE hit and very popular. Mainly for MDR menu but also for directions. Touch screen panels worked very well but if you were not actively touching fairly often they would time out and revert to the main screen. Reading the nightly menu meant touching forward and back "buttons" every 8 seconds or so.

No noticable changes in staterooms as far as beds or decor. We were shown a video of the DD work in process and virtually all tile in Royal Promenande and Windjammer was replaced (huge mess while work went on) and acres of carpeting replaced - mostly hallways.

One thing we had hoped to see was conversion of slot machines to TITO instead of coins but most were still paying out in dirty coins. :( When they paid out that is.

No iPod docks as rumored.

That's all I can recall for now. If there is a specific item I missed please ask.

No the films on the big screen were not the same as the rotation in the cabins or movie theater. Only ones I recall for sure were "The Vow" and one about saving some whales trapped in the ice - which was funny because the night of that one it had turned pretty cool out (upper 50's which was fine for me but cold for the folks from southern areas) so watching a movie about ice was not very appealing. They also had a sing along type move (Grease or some other musical) one night.

Are the tvs in the cabins interactive? Can you access room service, your S&S statement, MDR menus, etc?

Yes, via the remote control. SS account. Did not see MDR menu but that is available on the info screens by the elevators. Did see option for room service but did not use it. Also a fairly large selection of PPV movies.

Archived