What is there to do for 18 year olds?

Als29

I will be cruising the carnival sunshine next summer with my family and I'm already worried I won't find stuff to do on the ship since I will be 18. On past cruises I've usually spent most time in the O2 program, but I will be too old for it this time, but I also do not want to be stuck with my family all day. Help! Is there anything for 18-20 year olds?

Thanks

I will be cruising the carnival sunshine next summer with my family and I'm already worried I won't find stuff to do on the ship since I will be 18. On past cruises I've usually spent most time in the O2 program, but I will be too old for it this time, but I also do not want to be stuck with my family all day. Help! Is there anything for 18-20 year olds?

Thanks

Hopefully by now, you'll realize you don't need clubs to meet others your age. It all starts with a simple HELLO.

Hopefully by now, you'll realize you don't need clubs to meet others your age. It all starts with a simple HELLO.

Um, you must be old. A club isn't necessary to meet someone your age, but it does provide a venue for someone else who may be interested in meeting others. :rolleyes:

You can do anything you want except drink (and you don't need to drink to have fun) - there are many ADULTS out there who are bored and whine that there is nothing to do - you will only be as bored as you allow yourself to be. I am 60 and will try anything, seek out activities, start up conversation with anyone at any age but I am outgoing and in your face kind of person, if you are shy, quiet, timid, introverted it may be a little harder to do. Remember, you will never see all these people again after the cruise so let loose and "dance like no one is watching you"

Adults don't have clubs or venues to go to for activities and meeting others (not referring to bars) - they have to search out things on their own. You can start up conversations in the MDR/Lido/pool area just are readily as in a bar.

Um, you must be old. A club isn't necessary to meet someone your age, but it does provide a venue for someone else who may be interested in meeting others. :rolleyes:

Somehow you missed that he's not interested in O2, not the club at the end of the street.

On sea days they have planned activities up on the sports deck. 18 and over Dodgeball, volleyball, and basketball games. My 18 & 20 year old nephews were always headed up there. It was co-ed with a few girls joining in but mainly guys.

I think the OP has cruised before but within structures of planned events with same age people. I think that's the fear of not quite knowing how to meet others.

Read a book, run the track, use the gym, play sports, watch a game on TV, water slide or talk to someone you do not know. You could spend some time with your parents. You will have 7 days to talk to them.

You will have a great time.

Relax and enjoy life.

Man, you are old! :D Today's youth need a smartphone, or other device to connect. The simple HELLO has been replace by "Hey, whassup? "wht r u up 2 2nite?" :eek:

OP, Lots to do as people have said. Go have a great time.

bfn, c u l8r

Find a Cruise Girlfriend. Like a summer fling but compressed into 7 days.

I wonder how many parents know how much of this happens and what goes on when teen with raging hormones hang around none-stop for 7 days. I have proof from my last crusie with my 17+ years old son. A preview of freshman college year. Oh, the idiots, ooops I meant kids documented the 'activites' on FB and get tagged so all friends to see. I am done with the teen club:D

This is where everyone tells you how great it is for an 18/19 yr old. Well I have cruised with an 18 yr old...and it was only "okay" for him. He loved cruising younger and imo he will love it again next yr when he turns 21- but going without a friend or girlfriend made it pretty boring for him- he like MANY his age, won't approach strangers if not in a group. He did gamble a bit but his budget is not huge either. He enjoyed the comedy club, some pool time, he was happy to get to bond with his sisters he rarely sees (he is in the military and met us on leave) and we had great meals together, but it definitly isn't the same cruise experience a kid or an over 21 person has.

Man, you are old! :D Today's youth need a smartphone, or other device to connect. The simple HELLO has been replace by "Hey, whassup? "wht r u up 2 2nite?" :eek:

OP, Lots to do as people have said. Go have a great time.

bfn, c u l8r

Even before smart phones, etc I would NEVER have been that 18 yr old approaching strangers with a "hi, I'm ______, nice to meet you". Ease of conversation with strangers is something many people grow into.

I see this often on the boards, and it always pertains to 18-20 year old boys...which makes me happy I had girls. Ours cruised with us at ages 19/16 and then later 23/20 and were happy hanging out with their parents.

They're off on their own now and still often come home...they must like us for some odd reason....;):p

Anyway, I honestly have no clue how to tell someone what to do on a cruise. if you've already been on a few and don't know what there is to do and are afraid you'll be bored, why would you go??

Said like someone who hasn't been a young person for awhile...lol

Don't you have to approach someone in a club and say "hello"

Seriously. Technology is killing social skills.

I see this often on the boards, and it always pertains to 18-20 year old boys...which makes me happy I had girls. Ours cruised with us at ages 19/16 and then later 23/20 and were happy hanging out with their parents.

They're off on their own now and still often come home...they must like us for some odd reason....;):p

Anyway, I honestly have no clue how to tell someone what to do on a cruise. if you've already been on a few and don't know what there is to do and are afraid you'll be bored, why would you go??

Don't you have to approach someone in a club and say "hello"

Seriously. Technology is killing social skills.

I'm 42 years old, I can approach anyone anywhere these days. It has ZERO to do with technology, because we didnt have it when I was 18. It's developmentally normal for an 18, 19 yr old to be unsure of themselves and uncomfortable approaching strangers. You are talking PEOPLE SKILLS, those skills are developed over years of experience. Pack mentality rules at that age, if you are in a group- you are boldened, even with just one friend, you can comfortably navigate a room of strangers. But solo? You have forgotten 18.

As far as hanging with the parents, sure thats great- but the parents like their own time away as well you know ;-) And having 2 girls myself I can say yes, it is somewhat different than with a son- especially 2 girls in the same age range, as they operate as friends as well as sisters.

Archived