First time Solstice

Graciesmom2

All...we have our first Solstice Cruise lined up for this May to Alaska. We have sailed Carnival, NCL and Royal Carib. Have just a couple of questions, if you would indulge me ...

1. Can we get regular. (Free) tea at the Cafe Bacio ? I understand specialty coffees and teas are $$.

2. What toiletries are provided in the bathrooms ? We have a veranda 2B.

3. What is the breakfast buffet In the Solarium like ? Worth a visit ?

4. We are thinking of room service breakfast during our visit in Tracy Fjord. Will it arrive in timely fashion? Hot ?

5.Will the MDR be open on embarkation day for lunch ?

Thanks in advance. I’m sure we will come up with other questions as the trip closes in.

1. No free beverages at Café Bacio unless you have a beverage package. You can get tea at the buffet and in the dining room.

2. Soap, shampoo and conditioner in a 2B.

3. Never want to the spa café for breakfast but I'm pretty sure it is not a buffet. The buffet has a decent breakfast buffet with waffles, made to order eggs, fruit, pastries, etc.

4. Room service breakfast will arrive on time. In my experience it has not been as hot as I like.

5. MDR is not open for lunch on embarkation day. Your choices are the buffet, grill, or spa café.

Enjoy your cruise to Alaska.

Have used the Solarium Cafe for breakfast a lot. It is excellent. Not a ‘buffet’, but a short line with the fruits and items ready, and others your order. Most are free, they do have some items for sell. Great coffee and tea. Very healthy choices.

The main buffet does have standard fare, but also has excellent international choices.

enjoy!

Den

Unless you have an aft balcony, would definitely recommend being on deck when you go through Tracey Arm Fjord. Hopefully you will have Brent Nixon on board and he will give a play by play as you go through the Fjord. There are many sights and they will be on both sides of the ship. Some may not be there when you come back.

The Aqua Spa Cafe in the Solarium is not a buffet and doesn't have many items. I have enjoyed their oatmeal in the past however.

There was a table of pastries, fruit and beverage in the Sky Lounge. Be aware that you may not go up the Tracy Arm Fjord. Lately, the Solstice has been going up the Endicott Arm Fjord to the Dawes Glacier.