Caribbean Shopping

BuckNut8412

Honestly, I have not found shopping to be really great and most of the Caribbean islands. I tend to find what I like, check around on the Internet, and almost always end up buying it back in the states. Good luck to you, and let us know how it works out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you have something special in mind, price it at home, then online and once you get to the islands, price it there.

Jewelry can be a rip off. Many people here have bought jewelry in the islands, given an appraisal, came home and took the items to their own jewelers only to find that they weren't worth what they paid for the items.

Agree with most of what has been said in that Caribbean shopping is no longer a bargain. That being said, of the places mentioned (in the OP) the best would be on the island of St Maarten....especially in downtown Phillipsburg. And getting there from the port is very easy via the inexpensive water taxi...or a 25 min walk.

Hank

If you're talking about souvenir shopping in general, we have found that what's available in one shop is also available in the next shop, and the next and the next....and even in the next port, and so on.

The only difference we've found is in the persistence of the vendors. In that regard, I would say that Nassau and Jamaica and Cozumel rank as the "most persistent" or pushy vendors. So I tend to avoid shopping in those ports for the most part.

If you're interested in something unique to each port, that you can't get anywhere else, I would suggest some research. For example, vanilla in Mexico, coffee in Jamaica or Hawaii, mahogany in Roatan, Honduras, etc. Find out what a fair price is for the item you want, then go shopping and be prepared to walk away if the gift shop can't match the online price you've found.

What do you want to shop for?

Leather goods, handbags, clothing, jewelry? If we don't know what you wqanatr, we don't know how to answer your question. I am a big shopPer, have been to all those islands so many times andd know most of the major stores :)

Edited by sail7seas