Liberty for 4 days or Elation for 5 days?

hrmkr

OK, I had another thread asking for opinions comparing a RC ship to the Carnival Elation. After doing some research, I found that I can go on the Carnival Liberty for the 4 day option instead of sailing on RC.

We are planning to cruise in early November.

I can spend about an extra $100 on either an Inside or OV cabin for 5 days on the Elation compared to an equivalent cabin on the Carnival Liberty for 4 days.

My question is: Is it worth spending the extra $100 to get an extra day but having to sail on an older ship?

I have cruised the Liberty twice and just got off the Elation Monday. Ship wise, the Liberty has all the 2.0 upgrades and more space but also more people. The Elation is more intimate and had the best staff as well. Depending on your cabin selection, the Liberty OV cabins do have a couch and the Elation doesn't and balconies on the Elation are only with suites. I loved the Elation personally and it's a little longer too which I LOVE!!! Good luck!

Definitely the 5-day on the Elation. It is the older ship, however, it will be getting all the upgrades during dry dock so it will be similar in the amenities. My first cruise was only for four days, and pp is correct in saying it isn't long enough!