Turtle Farm on our own

CarlaMasterson

It is an easy cab ride. I would think the bus would be slow, as there are several busy areas in between. We spent 3 or so hours at the farm. After seeing the turtles (which took less than an hour) we spent the rest of the time in their pool and eating lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Do not take a cab. It will cost you $8.00 a person. Take a bus to there for $2.50 a person. I believe the busses have green license plates. Don't be fooled as many taxis and busses are the same types of vans. I believe the bus stop is across the street from the port but you will see busses sitting right at the port but the are taxi's.

Once you leave the turtle farm you go to the road and turn right and walk 10ft to the bus stop that looks like the ones in America. They will stop when they see a person sitting there if they have room. They will also let you off where you want if its on the route. It's about 15-20 each way.

Also you can go into the Dolphin Experience for free. You can't do anything but watch or shop but you can still see the dolphins. When you walk in they have people standing there at computers and it will appear that you have to pay but you can say that you want to go and look and they have no problem with it.

Edited by SOMEBEECH

Do not take a cab. It will cost you $8.00 a person. Take a bus to there for $2.50 a person. I believe the busses have green license plates. Don't be fooled as many taxis and busses are the same types of vans. I believe the bus stop is across the street from the port but you will see busses sitting right at the port but the are taxi's.

Once you leave the turtle farm you go to the road and turn right and walk 10ft to the bus stop that looks like the ones in America. They will stop when they see a person sitting there if they have room. They will also let you off where you want if its on the route. It's about 15-20 each way.

Also you can go into the Dolphin Experience for free. You can't do anything but watch or shop but you can still see the dolphins. When you walk in they have people standing there at computers and it will appear that you have to pay but you can say that you want to go and look and they have no problem with it.

Thank you for the bus information. Where is this Dolphin Experience?

• 1 month later...

I am thinking of doing this next Thus at the Turtle farm.

I got this from a site: To get here, you can take a taxi or a bus. Bus 1 or 2 will take you to the Cayman Turtle Farm from the George Town depot. Just tell the bus driver where you want to go. The bus fare is around $2.00.

Just to look around see turtles is $18 right?

Back in my country turtle eggs is a delicacy. No idea if they do this there.

Edited by chong67

I am thinking of doing this next Thus at the Turtle farm.

I got this from a site: To get here, you can take a taxi or a bus. Bus 1 or 2 will take you to the Cayman Turtle Farm from the George Town depot. Just tell the bus driver where you want to go. The bus fare is around $2.00.

Just to look around see turtles is $18 right?

Back in my country turtle eggs is a delicacy. No idea if they do this there.

They raise the turtles for meat....but it's also informative.

I was there in March. Took the bus to the Turtle Farm, but had to switch buses about halfway up as I was told this is the transfer point (didn't have to pay again). No such transfer on the way back to the port. It was about a 20 - 30 minute ride each way, but I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

I just got back from CI. We went to the Turtle Farm ($18) and watch the Dolphin show next door free.

Take Bus 1 or 2. Bus 3 very seldom. Cost is US$2.50 each way per pax.

Bus station is next to the library and just cross two road from the port.

I like CI.

We are thinking about visiting the Turtle Farm in May. In reviewing their site it looks like they have a Turtle Centre Exploration for $18/person and Turtle Adventure Tour for $45/person. Has anyone been on the Turtle Adventure..is it worth the extra $$?

Thanks,

• 10 months later...
We are thinking about visiting the Turtle Farm in May. In reviewing their site it looks like they have a Turtle Centre Exploration for $18/person and Turtle Adventure Tour for $45/person. Has anyone been on the Turtle Adventure..is it worth the extra $$?

Thanks,

curious as well? did you go? how did you get to and from?