"A Taste of Tamarind" in Pinnacle Grill; available on other ships than Volendam?

Alphen

In November we really enjoyed the small selection of menu items of Tamarind restaurant (A Taste of Tamarind), available in the Pinnacle Grill on Ms Volendam. The menu was called "A Taste of Tamarind" and could be combined with other items of the regular Pinnacle Grill menu.

Has anybody seen this "A Taste of Tamarind" menu beiing available on any other ship (apart from the ships that have a regular Tamarind restaurant)?

In November we really enjoyed the small selection of menu items of Tamarind restaurant (A Taste of Tamarind), available in the Pinnacle Grill on Ms Volendam. The menu was called "A Taste of Tamarind" and could be combined with other items of the regular Pinnacle Grill menu.

Has anybody seen this "A Taste of Tamarind" menu beiing available on any other ship (apart from the ships that have a regular Tamarind restaurant)?

Was this available each night?

We are currently on the Volendam and they told us they do it only because we cruise in South East Asia. No plan to do it fleetwide. They actually change the tamarin menu every week. Such a good ad on to the regular pinnacle menu. We choosed a lot from the tamarind during the last days as you can combine it with the regular menu. We wish they would offer this on every cruise.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Forums

We are currently on the Volendam and they told us they do it only because we cruise in South East Asia. No plan to do it fleetwide. They actually change the tamarin menu every week. Such a good ad on to the regular pinnacle menu. We choosed a lot from the tamarind during the last days as you can combine it with the regular menu. We wish they would offer this on every cruise.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Forums

Exactly. We had the same set-up on our VODM re-positioning from Japan to Alaska last April.

Thanks for reporting this -- I will be on the Singapore-Hong Kong itinerary in 2 weeks. This will give me some other menu options over the traditional PG menu. For the MDR menus, have they tried to add some Asian (inspired) options? How has the food been? Cheers.

Thanks for reporting this -- I will be on the Singapore-Hong Kong itinerary in 2 weeks. This will give me some other menu options over the traditional PG menu. For the MDR menus, have they tried to add some Asian (inspired) options? How has the food been? Cheers.

We found the food in the MDR great and the Taste of Tamarind excellent!

We found the food in the MDR great and the Taste of Tamarind excellent!

It's great to hear some positive feedback! (y) After reading the recent thread by a cruiser sailing immediately after the dry-dock (Dec 6-20), I was worried the ship might be falling apart. :( Do most things seem to be functioning for you and look to be in good condition?

It's great to hear some positive feedback! (y) After reading the recent thread by a cruiser sailing immediately after the dry-dock (Dec 6-20), I was worried the ship might be falling apart. :( Do most things seem to be functioning for you and look to be in good condition?

We were on the segment just before the dock period, but since the crew did not change (assumption), I do not think things will be different, although I cannot comment on the post-dock problems.