Norwegian Booking

jejunate

I noticed that I can reserve dinner times and show times on NCL.com for our upcoming cruise. Should we be booking dinner times every night if we want to eat in one of the free main dining rooms? Or is there plenty of opportunity to book onboard. What about the shows?

Thanks everyone for your input!

I noticed that I can reserve dinner times and show times on NCL.com for our upcoming cruise. Should we be booking dinner times every night if we want to eat in one of the free main dining rooms? Or is there plenty of opportunity to book onboard. What about the shows?

Thanks everyone for your input!

Reservations are not "needed" for the main dining rooms. However, if you have a larger party (6+), and/or want to eat at one of the most popular times (around 6 - 8pm), then reservations are recommended.

Reservations are not "needed" for the main dining rooms. However, if you have a larger party (6+), and/or want to eat at one of the most popular times (around 6 - 8pm), then reservations are recommended.

Great thanks! What about for the shows? Are we better off booking those on NCL's website now, or wait until we board. (P.S. This is our first cruise). Thanks!

Book your shows now.

Unless you like to get in the waiting list line about 1/2 an hour before showtime to see if you can get a seat. That's okay if you're sailing solo, but wouldn't recommend if you are sailing with someone.

if you are on a large ship, book shows ASAP.

small ships, no need to book, the shows are nightly at either 7 and 9 or 730 and 930.

we ALWAYS book dinners ahead for specialty and MDR's as we like to eat at 7, and dont want a wait. sure, maybe its overkill, but that's how we like to freestyle.

Ok this answers my question lol, I was wondering if you could book mdr times or just specialty restaurants, we have always liked traditional assigned seating times, so I was going to try to book us at the same time every night (there are 6 of us total over 3 bookings.....can we link them? Or will I need to log into all 3 accounts and reserve the same time and merge them once onboard?) First time on NCL....all the questions!

If you book the MDR or the specialities that are ala carte, you should be able to just make a reservation for six, and tell the others not to bother. If you book the flat rate restaurants (Moderno and Teppenyaki), I believe you have to pay at time of booking.

Your cruise consultant should be able to link the reservations. It was more important when you wanted to make reservations for multiple rooms and assign people instead of now just setting a party size.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So I can make a reservation for 6 , even though my cabin is only for 2? Omg this makes my life much easier! I'm in charge of all 3 bookings, lol I'm the planner. I ask what people want to do/interested in and take care of it.....I'm one of those people with a 3 ring binder every time we vacation >.<

If you book the MDR or the specialities that are ala carte, you should be able to just make a reservation for six, and tell the others not to bother. If you book the flat rate restaurants (Moderno and Teppenyaki), I believe you have to pay at time of booking.

If you have the dining package then you don't pay for Moderno or Teppenyaki when booking, as long as you have the credits to cover it.

For example, if you have a 3 meal SDP then you don't get charged for them if they are amongst the first three meals you book. If you have already booked three meals and then book Moderno then you will be charged.

I think that makes sense.