Pre-teens on Elation

jscott82

;pWe are considering our first cruise for spring break 2019! Our kids will be all ages but I’m a little worried about entertaining the pre-teens. We have two boys, age 12 and 13 and one ten year old girl. Isn’t there a couple clubs they can go to? What do they do there? Are there video games besides the arcade?

There are clubs they can go to. When my son was 12 we typically found him at either the water slides, the pool, or a table eating pizza or ice cream. He has so much fun on the ships we rarely saw him then. He's 14 now and is laid back a little more than then. Now it's just the arcade or water slides. Occasionally he'll be sitting down eating somewhere. He has so much fun though. He gets up at 8-9am and goes out and comes "home" around 9-10 at night when he gets tired. There are also clubs they can go to, but he had no interest in that what-so-ever. You and the kids will have a blast!!

We have spent a lot of time on the Elation. Never saw many kids. They have a very good children's program and all of the parents and youngins that I have quizzed have all praised the staff for doing a great job.

Yep! My son's first cruise was when he was 12, and he's been on 4 since then. He loved having that group of kids to hang with for the week. I just recommend you go on the first night as that's when they all meet and kind of "group up" with kids they want to hang with. My son would play the video games they have there, he never did the arcade. They would eat lunch, go to the pool, but then he'd be back with us for dinner and at a set time for the end of the night (depending on the activities and what we're doing the next day).