Children on cruises in the summer

Arubababe52

I’ve never been on Celebrity, but was considering a 7 day on the Equinox in July. I’ve always heard that Celebrity caters to more adults, and was wondering if there would be a lot of kids onboard in the summer.

I’ve never been on Celebrity, but was considering a 7 day on the Equinox in July. I’ve always heard that Celebrity caters to more adults, and was wondering if there would be a lot of kids onboard in the summer.

Summer and 7 days Caribbean cruise = kids. However, I'd be more concerned about the weather.

Summer and 7 days Caribbean cruise = kids. However, I'd be more concerned about the weather.

Correct, we've done many 7 day cruises with Celebrity in the summer, lots of kids. Remember they do not have water slides or rock climbing but they have excellent children's programs. Rest of the year it's a crap shoot as to how many kids are there.

We cruised Equinox the last week of July/first week of August last summer and are going back this summer. I am a teacher, and I teach special education summer program so I am limited to about 2 weeks to travel in the summer so I am always faced with cruising in the summer or over holidays. We chose Celebrity last summer for the itinerary (Key West along with Grand Cayman and Cozumel) and we booked again this year. In the past I have cruised Royal (Allure and Oasis) and MSC (in the Yacht Club) during my off weeks either with my Mom or both of my parents. We chose Celebrity for the fewer # of kids that we saw last summer, and it swayed our decision over an Oasis class ship. We did see some kids last summer, for the most part they were well behaved and not a problem at all. We only had an issue one day when a group of teens was using a hot tub as their own personal club (complete with a speaker and they were splashing those who were walking by), and in the MDR however the family they were with had a disco ball and was not helping matters. Neither impacted our trip either. I love kids and spend most of my year working with them so I really don't mind as long as I can get my relaxation in as well!

We went on the Summit 2 summers ago and there were only 250 kids onboard. We have 2 kids and felt we barely saw any kids onboard. It was great and relaxing even with our kids. So different from Royal which we normally cruise on.

We were just on Equinox’s June 2 sailing. I saw some children but no bad behavior. Most families wouldn’t pick Celebrity as a cruise with children; there are so many other lines that cater to children. Last year we also sailed in August and again, no problems with unruly children.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Part of the response depends on what YOU mean by a lot of kids? Is 200-300 kids a lot for you? There might be that many on a summer sailing. But out of 3,000 passengers that is really not a lot. There will definitely be fewer kids on a Celebrity sailing than some others like Royal Caribbean, but in the summer there are more than other times of year. Go on a 14 night in the winter - I think I counted 6 kids onboard last time.

That was another concern. I live in southwest Florida so I know the weather can be a concern.

Howdy neighbor! We were on the June 2nd sailing on the Equinox and the only rain we had was in Miami the day we left and the day we returned. The rest of the cruise weather was perfect!

We were just on Equinox’s June 2 sailing. I saw some children but no bad behavior. Most families wouldn’t pick Celebrity as a cruise with children; there are so many other lines that cater to children. Last year we also sailed in August and again, no problems with unruly children.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes Helen, I was on the same cruise and was told there were 200+ kids on board but never really noticed. The ones I did see were very well mannered and well behaved. Obviously Celebrity's Kid's Club is working well!