2A Cabin on Reflection for 12 Night British Isles - July 8, 2019

Chef Heather

Hi Everyone,

We finally made a decision and just booked our 12 night British Isles cruise for next July 2019 on the Reflection. We chose cabin 7177 (2A) for this trip (regular sized verandah for budget purposes), I believe port side.

Can anyone tell me anything about this cabin / location? I did check the cabin spreadsheet but couldn't find any info. From the itinerary it looks as if cabins on both sides will get good views on either departure or return. Just curious since I still have time to change if anyone thinks this was a bad cabin choice. Would also appreciate if anyone can tell me if the bed is next to the bathroom or the balcony!

TIA, Heather

It is port side, odd number verandas are port side, even are starboard side. Deck 7 is nice because you have decks of cabins above and below you so there is less chance of noise from the various public or mechanical spaces. All of the veranda cabins are the same size so the pricing difference is just location. The one caveat for the port side is the smoking areas on the port side, Deck 5 and the pool deck and the Sunset Bar but if you are on 7 none of that should bother you.

I would switch to a cabin on the hump if you could. Your view of the ocean would be better. Your cabin is indented inwards and the lifeboats are a bit of an obstruction to looking straight down. I've never seen why those cabins on Deck 7 are considered so much better than the exact cabin one deck below which is a 2D.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not been able to find a way to start a new thread, so I am jumping on this one. We are also taking a cruise to the British Isles on June 14 on the Reflection. We booked room 8192. It seems to be a bit more expensive than some other regular verandas, but I think it may also be above a life boat? My concern with the hump was the elevator noise. Has anyone had issues with that? Any opinions on this particular cabin?

Also, when we booked, the "best" option seemed like a really good deal. Is it? We just got back from an NCL cruise and the beverage package did not include specialty coffees, top shelf or bottled water. These all look like they are included along with wifi, tips, and $150 on-board credit with Celebrity. Is this a common special? I have monitored Princess, NCL, and RCCL but never really looked at Celebrity to see what they typically offer. And lastly, with the tip inclusion, does that mean that you do not have any tips except those you want to give for outstanding service like a bar server you are particularly happy with or of course, room service? Thank you so much. We are not seasoned cruisers, but are finding it is a good way for my 80 year old mom and me to travel.

You are correct that Go Best takes care of most tips (dining staff, cabin attendant & beverages) however should you book a salon/spa service, a fitness class then there will be a 18% gratutity added to the cost of the service.

As far as noise from the elevators, the elevators have a wall separating g them from the hallway for the we have never heard noise from the elevator in our cabin.

8192 is in the indented portion of the ship. The lifeboats are below you on Deck 5. I personally would pick a cabin on the hump for unobstructed views. And proximity to an elevator bay, either forward or midship. As the previous poster said, elevator noise will not be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for your replies. I will try to change the cabin. Is deck 8 a good deck to be on? Also, has anyone experience with the deals through Celebrity? Is the "Best" at $520 pp a good deal? Is this always offered?

Thank you!

Hello - $520 for a 12 night cruise sounds good to me. Of course that number changes as the pricing changes but we paid appx that much for a recent 7 day. And we paid something like low 300s for another 7 day this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Gladys504, cabin 8192 is a connecting cabin and on the Reflection the connecting door is on the inside of the cabin. So for that reason I would move. Consider a cabin in the 8278-8203 range, they are not connecting cabins.

$520 is a good price for Go Best.