Australian post travel insurance

I've searched the board for this info but of course looking up these words, is gonna come up with everything lol.

But has anyone used Australian post travel insurance (comprehensive)

If so I'd love to hear if they were a good travel insurance for you.

If not, why were they not so good to you.

Thanks

I use them for all my cruises largely because I'm a bit loyal to the brand as the price is competitive but I've not had to do a claim yet (touch wood)

It seems to be a much of a muchness whichever brand you use.

We used them last cruise as their flat $6 per day in store cover included cruising Australian waters in the policy wording, whereas the credit card insurance does not. Didn't need to make a claim luckily so can't comment on that side of things.

The reviews were typical of what you see on any review site. People that had not read the terms seem to be the bulk of the negatives. Some people seem to have had very good experiences. I think with any insurance you must contact the company before spending money like the person that re-booked their flights.

Yes they are not the primary insurer, read the terms and conditions on any policy you are looking at.

Edited by goodycruising

I think I saw covermore on my insurance details.

I got the comprehensive insurance with $0 excess only flights I'm taking is to Sydney to go on the cruise but there should be no problems with that, not that they insure you for things that happen in Australia any way (unless you do a domestic travel insurance too)

The main issue is that they do not have emergency medical cover which is what you need if you are to be air lifted off the ship. Not needed often but if you do it is very expensive.

That's the one that can leave you bankrupt.

I think with travel insurrance you are better to spend the time and money getting the insurance policy that fully mets your needs. Insure that all your pre existing medical conditions are noted and covered and that all parts of the trip are covered. Yes more expensive but if you need to use it it can save you big $$$$$

The main issue is that they do not have emergency medical cover which is what you need if you are to be air lifted off the ship. Not needed often but if you do it is very expensive.

Where do you see that this is not covered please? I read unlimited overseas medical and dental cover, and see no exclusions. It is the same for basic or comprehensive cover, as far as I can see in the policy wording.

Hi there!

I asked Mr Google - "Product Review Travel Insurance" - based on the reviews I have used Southern Cross for my upcoming trip to Singapore. Base amount was $68 then an extra $75 to cover my knee replacement.

Seems a lot for just 5 days away but ....... if anything should happen, especially related to my knee, then I'm covered and feel relieved by that.

Gae

Hopefully you won't be making a claim Gae. I had insurance with southern cross for a european trip and had to cancel the trip due to a diagnosis of breast cancer and the follow up chemo etc

Southern cross refused my claim as they said it was pre existing. I had always had my mammogram on time with no evidence of a problem prior to the diagnosis. It was only through my GP's perseverence that it was finally sorted.

It was many months I am thinking about 8 or more before it was settled, at a time when I was fighting for my life and not needing to fight an insurance company.

I have since used my credit card complementary insurance without a claim.

For any CBA credit card holders who use the complementary insurance you most likely received a letter saying the insurance company has been changed from Zurich to Allianz as of today.

I have a trip booked for end of July, phoned CBA to enquire about the effect on the policy regarding pre existing issues with the answer they would not know until the date of change ie today. Today I phoned to activate the insurance cover only to find the 3 pre existing issues I always pay a surcharge of $45 total to cover with Zurich ( not cancer related) has a charge of $169.52. Phoned CBA who had a couldn't care less attitude blaming Zurich. I now will be researching other banks and companies. The bait of a diamond credit card for the travel insurance is no longer attractive.

We've used Australia Post annual travel insurance policies for years.

Daughter had a cancellation claim last year that was paid no problems once all requested info was provided, before she cancelled we rang the hotline and they told us exactly what she had to do. We had a theft claim the previous year and it was paid in full promptly. They were very kind on the phone in both cases, the theft claim was a very distressing incident and they were helpful and sympathetic, more than can be said for the bank who took many months and threats of legal action before they finally reimbursed the fraudulent transactions on our credit cards despite us doing everything we were supposed to!

Edited by 3littlepigs
Spelling

Thanks everyone for your help, this is my first ever holiday, and first time going overseas so I just wanted some assurance I picked the right insurance, especially since I'll be having my 3 year old with me, I think to get the best out of the insurance companies is to inform them of everything ASAP, and I did read that you need a police report of any stolen goods within 24 hours of the incident.

I'm really hoping I will not need to make a claim at all, let's hope my good luck in the past continues whilst on holiday (never been to the hospital before except when I gave birth, and never had anything stolen)

I've searched the board for this info but of course looking up these words, is gonna come up with everything lol.

But has anyone used Australian post travel insurance (comprehensive)

If so I'd love to hear if they were a good travel insurance for you.

If not, why were they not so good to you.

Thanks

I did once for a domestic cruise but I didn't need to make a claim. The online form was easy to fill out and they were the cheapest for that particular cruise and time.

Where do you see that this is not covered please? I read unlimited overseas medical and dental cover, and see no exclusions. It is the same for basic or comprehensive cover, as far as I can see in the policy wording.

I am not sure what policy you are looking at but it should have a separate listing for emergency medical. If not it is likely they do not cover it. I would give them a call and ask outright if they will cover airlift from a ship.