Sail Beyond Event

SixOneTwo

Anyone know when this promotion began? We booked a verandah for a March 2018 sailing through a travel agent on January 19 (2018). Nothing was said about it. I wonder if we can go back and request it, even though we are past final payment?

You really need to find out when the event began and speak to your agent. That is why it is always important to read CC and look at web sites a lot, comparing prices...I hope things work out, but do not hold high expectations...it has been on for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What perks did you get? You booked after final payment so either got a Promotion (there was one on in January), got a resident rate or other such rate that may not have provided any perks in exchange for a lower rate or lastly you may have gotten a group rate through your TA.

Ultimately we don't have enough information to comment.

That said, I had a booking from last year on the Silhouette for March 2018 and the Sail Beyond Event confuses me. It tells me I can save up to $300 and get free drinks and wifi. The price showing on the X website are significantly below what I paid but when I try to do a mock booking there is a charge for the free drinks and wifi putting the total cost above what I'm already paying. I don't understand how they advertise that then charge for them. In addition, if I look at cruises further out (May for example) they say the same promo but don't charge for it. Seems the March cruises are showing some sort of price that includes zero perks instead of the Sail Beyond Event.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts.

So, I checked two places on this. First with my TA, who told me that because I booked a Verandah GTY, I was ineligible for the promotion. She offered to change my booking to a promotion-eligible fare for the same cabin for $700 more. Um...no thanks.

Then I called X and just asked if I book a GTY cabin, am I eligible. The rep stated that GTYs are eligible, but if you book with a resident, senior or other discount, you are NOT eligible. This is exactly why I don't play the coupon-promotion-discount game. It always ends up NOT in my favor and I end up feeling bad.

Looking at the X website today, I see that an assigned verandah cabin is $250 more (in total) than we paid. I'm not going to re-book for $250 more to get perks that I won't actually feel I'm getting that level of value.

In the future, I'll be sure to check all combinations of prices with or without Captain's Club, resident, senior, military, and ongoing promotions before I make a decision. Others may want to do the same.

Regardless of all of this, I'm taking a "glass half full" attitude. I feel like I got a good fare. We are typically inside-cabin-cheapest-fare people. We got the verandah GTY for less than the cheapest interior fare. We've already been assigned our cabin and it's in a good location. And, honestly, the worst day cruising is usually better than the best day working. AND, as I write this, it's 6 degrees F, which I will enjoy leaving behind for a week!

I've been watching the website daily (even several times a day) and this Sale Beyond Event started yesterday 2-5-18. My final payment is coming up soon and I've been checking prices/availability to upgrade from a veranda to a sky suite for my May cruise. So far way too expensive.

There has been a promotion similar to the current event on and off for many months. It's been my experience that you cannot always find a senior or resident discount although these are more likely to appear nearer the sailing date,

As OP says, you can only check for all the options when booking and, if a post final payment offer comes up, do the sums if it is worthwhile. Having booked in the UK in the past, I have forfeited my deposit and re booked. to 'save' over $175 pp. I have to agree this doesn't make for a feel good vibe though!

A quick addendum to my last post. After "anonymously" calling Celebrity last night for an answer to this question, imagine my surprise when today, not 12 hours after that inquiry, I had received FOUR e-mails and a phone message from Celebrity encouraging me to book my next vacation. They literally "had my number."

And given the result of that anonymous call, all of these messages just pour salt in the "no perks for you" wound. :(