Our Suite Haven Escape

Bella O

Definitely one of the best cruises we've ever taken! Everything from arrival at terminal to cab ride back to airport went smoothly!

Embarkation: arrived at port and were in the conceirge lounge onboard in less than 45 minutes total - incredible!

On-board dining: we had lots of on-board credit as well as the sdp so we ate pretty much everywhere: Food Republic, Le Bistro, Cagneys, Cucina , Teppanyaki, Haven Restaurant and Bayamo. Food Republic was ok - thought it was pricey for small plates. We loved Bistro, and Bayamo, both amazing meals. Highly recommend! Cagney's was also good. The only real disappointment was Cucina. Service was some of the best we had on the whole cruise, and I loved sitting on the waterfront. But my food was basically inedible. Both my dh and dd liked their meals, so maybe I just ordered the wrong thing. Last cruise on NCL was the same, so I won't visit this restaurant again.

Shows: I thought both were fine, but not great. I liked the music and dance of After Midnight, and the Brat Pack had good talent, but kind of weak the way it was compiled. We were happy we went to see them though as we love shows....but I do believe RCL has better entertainment. Heard some of the music on board - all good. We tried twice to get into the dueling piano show but it was always packed and never made it in the doors.

Spa: my dd and I each had a message. Very good and not as much as a hard sell for product as I had in the past.

Ports/Excursions: we had a blast in each port. I don't like bus tours, but I do like smaller excursions and tours, and though we'd been to all the ports before (except Grand Cayman) I like to get out and see something different than before.

Jamaica: Konoko Falls, Green Gotto Caves and Bolt Usain's pub for lunch. We used Know Jamaica and thought they were fantastic! Excellent and fun being somewhat off the beaten track. Would not hesitate to use them again!

Grand Cayman: Native Way "Rays Reef & Rum Point". Weather was not the best; cold and windy, and a pretty full boat with a large group of 25 that was all together, and then the three of us. Not the best dynamic, but we made the best of it, and it was a good tour, and Chris was a good captain. Had amazing snorkeling, and we did enjoy our day.

GSC: we did make it in, and the weather was absolutely gorgeous. We had reserved a small cabana as I wanted to spend the day, but because of my skin cancers I worry about sun exposure. The cabana is probably not necessary if you get there early to score a shady spot, but man, did we enjoy it! Comfortable, and private, our own paradise. Had great service - drinks and even got us lunch! Worth the money for a day of sheer perfection!

Nassau: did something a little different and took the Bahamian Tru Food tour. We loved it! Really fun day and for those who have btdt multiple times in Nassau, this was a nice change of pace.

The Haven: absolutely a heavenly experience. Excellent service, restaurant was great, and loved the sun deck. We were on board a prime spring break week mid-March. The ship was just packed to the gills, and I was so thankful we were in the Haven where, even with everyone wanting to be on the sun deck, they made room for all and added loungers so all could find a place. I loved the sun beds for the shade. When a group of guys were cursing up a blue streak and really making the other guests uncomfortable, the conceirge Anoop talked to them personally and effectively restored the peaceful vibe. A++

Aft penthouse suite: the best room ever. And I mean ever. Ever. We were on the 9th floor and I pretty much lived on that deck. Simply amazing in every way. I would book the Escape again just to stay in that room again. Not one negative, just fabulous!

Butler and Conceirge: this is our 2nd time in the Haven, and really didnt think we would use the butler much at all. In fact, we didn't really, until my daughter developed a bad cold and ended up staying in the room the last few days. Dilip was great - he brought her chicken soup, and lunches, and then even thought to bring her some special tea. Very sweet and went the extra step.

Anoop and all the conceirge staff were fabulous. Helped us score a really hard dinner reservation last minute, and always informed us about tenders and priority emabark/disembark in ports.

The haven experience for us is what makes the NCL experience. I rather sail less in a haven room than sail more without it. This is totally a personal choice, but I don't think I would have enjoyed myself with all the crowds on a peak spring break week if I did not have a balcony or haven to escape from the Escape crowds.

We loved our week on the Escape Haven - one of our best cruises and I cannot wait to do it again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking forward to our Escape cruise this January. We stayed in an aft penthouse on deck 11 and the only negative is how far it is from the Haven. But the balcony is not to be beat. I never went to the sun deck in our 2 week cruise because the balcony was so lovely. We're in a 2 bedroom this January so no big balcony :( Oh well - can't have everything. But why not????

This has me wanting to up my aft Haven bid for our June Escape sailing. Can you tell me...are the forward PH not worth spending the extra $ on?

I think it's still worth it because I think being in the Haven is worth the extra cost. We were in an owner's suite one time and the room was gorgeous. It's just that there is a lot of breeze and wind in the front, it was too cold early spring to be on the balcony much at all. But maybe in the summer that would be a good thing?

But beyond the balcony, those front PH look fantastic!

This has me wanting to up my aft Haven bid for our June Escape sailing. Can you tell me...are the forward PH not worth spending the extra $ on?

I'm not sure if you saw TWO;s reply on your thread about the room available on 13 forward. It is a HC and open concept room if that makes any input in what you bid for that category.

Thank you for your review. We love saiing Aft PH also, been on Breakaway, Geataway and Escape. Next up Getaway Aft PH in January 2019.The balcony is a private oasis , you would never know if the cruise is packed or not. My favorite is breakfast on the balcony. Like you say ,only thing is the walk to the Haven, but I need all the walking I can get to help burn the amount of food I put away on a cruise.

Thank you so much for this review! While I have stayed in forward PH before, this will be my first time in the Haven! I am so excited. I totally love forward. This time we will be in the Courtyard. Come on Shynook, join us!

Bella, I loved the way you described everything. It makes me wish that it was tomorrow.

Bonni

Interesting about Cucina. It was always packed and we scored a waterfront table. We thought it was one of our best meals we had, though all the speciality dining on Escape was awesome. Best part of the ship. Maybe just a couple of off nights? Oh well.

I think Pincho Tapas is the best kept secret on the ship (based on it always empty). Wow, was that food great and makes for a killer lunch on the waterfront. Have you tried Pincho?

The forward PH are wonderful. A lot of extra space with the separate living room at a cost less than the much smaller courtyard PH suites.

Thank you so much for this review! While I have stayed in forward PH before, this will be my first time in the Haven! I am so excited. I totally love forward. This time we will be in the Courtyard. Come on Shynook, join us!

Bella, I loved the way you described everything. It makes me wish that it was tomorrow.

Bonni

I'm working on it! I have bids on two categories and still have slightly less than 60 days to go, so I am sure I will creep up my bids as we get closer. I think it's a popular sailing date, so I am not super hopeful, but this gives me a better idea for the Epic in 2019 when we go to Europe.