Drinking Age on Royal Ships

I have sailed on NCL and they have a program that allows kids 18-20 years old to drink beer or wine with written permission from the parents. Does anyone know if Royal ships have the same program?

TIA

Drinking age is 21 on Royal ships for cruises based out of the US. No waivers.

Drinking age is 21 on Royal ships for cruises based out of the US. No waivers.

With so many Canadians and Europeans sailing I'm surprised they stick with this. there must be many families who take their last family vacations elsewhere because 18-20 yr old kids would rather go elsewhere in order to be able to enjoy a drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I remember when I was 18 years old, my parents could sign a waiver so that I could drink beer or wine on Royal. I remember sitting in the bars thinking I was so cool, little did I know... This program ended around 12 years ago.

With so many Canadians and Europeans sailing I'm surprised they stick with this. there must be many families who take their last family vacations elsewhere because 18-20 yr old kids would rather go elsewhere in order to be able to enjoy a drink.

Because apparently cruise bookings haven't been affected to a point that it would make a difference. They seem to be able to fill ships just fine with the policies that they have in place. Those other families can still cruise on a ship that allows their 18-20 yr old kids to drink, they just have to choose a cruise that departs from somewhere other than the US.