Breakaway Coffee Maker

kapcruiser

Do you know what type they are, for example, can I bring my own coffee? I don't drink it but my husband likes it in the morning & since I'm always the first one up, I make the run to the buffet or wherever to get it, he says the coffee in the room is not good (aren't they all the same?!) Just wondering if I brought the kind helices, may save me a trip ;)

Do you know what type they are, for example, can I bring my own coffee? I don't drink it but my husband likes it in the morning & since I'm always the first one up, I make the run to the buffet or wherever to get it, he says the coffee in the room is not good (aren't they all the same?!) Just wondering if I brought the kind helices, may save me a trip ;)

Hi. If Breakaway is anything like the Getaway I believe you can. I too was wondering what type of coffee to bring so I didn't have to make the run in the morning. I believe it uses the coffee pods made by Melitta or Senseo. I saw it on another thread. Hope this helps.

Hi. If Breakaway is anything like the Getaway I believe you can. I too was wondering what type of coffee to bring so I didn't have to make the run in the morning. I believe it uses the coffee pods made by Melitta or Senseo. I saw it on another thread. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much, that does help! I've searched the threads for an answer but have not been able to get anything definite. Now I know what to look for, thanks again

Thank you so much, that does help! I've searched the threads for an answer but have not been able to get anything definite. Now I know what to look for, thanks again

I too like a cup right away. I have found on Breakaway that the coffee is so much better if you use bottled water. At first I thought if was crappy coffee then when hubby made it with spring water it was ok. Now that we can no longer bring water on board I bought one of the britta filter water bottles and plan on using it for the coffee water.

Hmmmm,,, The buffet is fresh ground coffee from beans.

Yes, but not only do I avoid the buffet at all costs, I like to wake up, have coffee and take my time getting dressed before moseying down to the dining room for fresh coffee.

The ones you get in the room are much better than room service or the buffet. I usually go a little lighter on the water than they say.

Really? That's good to know. As I said, I don't drink it but I think he was under the impression (or maybe he tried IDK) that the coffee in the room was different. I think I'll get him to try it the first day & take it from there. Appreciate your response ;)

I too like a cup right away. I have found on Breakaway that the coffee is so much better if you use bottled water. At first I thought if was crappy coffee then when hubby made it with spring water it was ok. Now that we can no longer bring water on board I bought one of the britta filter water bottles and plan on using it for the coffee water.

Another great idea - thanks!

My first cruise on the Breakaway was in an oceanview room. My husband and I like flavored coffee. I purchased Senseo French Vanilla and Hazelnut coffee pods from Amazon and asked our cabin steward for a coffee maker when we checked into our room. It was great to be able to make coffee in the room first thing in morning instead of running to the buffet.

You also might consider filling out your room service card for the free ( no service charge ) for continental breakfast.........and just order the coffee or whatever. That coffee might be better than the coffee maker stuff.

You also might consider filling out your room service card for the free ( no service charge ) for continental breakfast.........and just order the coffee or whatever. That coffee might be better than the coffee maker stuff.

That is definitely an option, thanks, but thought it may take a while for them to get there so quicker to just head up to buffet or wherever to get a cup. No big deal for me to get a cup, I'm up anyway, but trying to cut down on what I carry as I like to get some breakfast to eat on balcony. I'll figure it out I'm sure but I do appreciate all the responses :D

That is definitely an option, thanks, but thought it may take a while for them to get there so quicker to just head up to buffet or wherever to get a cup. No big deal for me to get a cup, I'm up anyway, but trying to cut down on what I carry as I like to get some breakfast to eat on balcony. I'll figure it out I'm sure but I do appreciate all the responses :D

I like to fill out the Room Service card the night before and hang it on my door. You have to fill out the time you would like the delivery to be and then you can use that as your wake-up call. Works great and you have coffee as soon as you get up. ;p

Sailing on the Jade with porthole view. Will I have to ask for a coffee maker on the Jade? Do they leave little creamer cups and sugar packets, or will there be "real" creamer?

Thanks! Jen

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I like to fill out the Room Service card the night before and hang it on my door. You have to fill out the time you would like the delivery to be and then you can use that as your wake-up call. Works great and you have coffee as soon as you get up. ;p

And I guess that way I can get my husband to get up early ;p I'm always weary of doing this because never know when I'll be up but at tis point, I think that probably is the way I'll go. Thanks all for the advice!

Sailing on the Jade with porthole view. Will I have to ask for a coffee maker on the Jade? Do they leave little creamer cups and sugar packets, or will there be "real" creamer?

Thanks! Jen

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I got real creamers, I even had spares, I asked of them to be in the little fridge and my room steward did just that for me. I was in a inside on BA in January and I asked for a coffee maker and got one and robes!!

• 10 months later...