If you could ONLY pick one??

Mountaineer0313

Tracy Arm Fjord with Adventure Bound out of Juneau.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is my choice also! I also like the trip out of Juneau as there is time to stop for whales, bears and other life if they see any. It is my understanding that the trip from the ship is more time constrained.

You must have a full day in Juneau and arrive by 8 am to take this tour.

We returned last week from Princess Cruisetour, 14 days. I must say it is not possible to pick just one excursion as BEST.

I will tell you my favs were Juneau.... Tracy Arm with Adventure Bound, it is a long day, but really great.

Flightseeing with glacier landing from Talkeetna we went with K2Aair. Words can not describe.

Chilkoot WhitePass Rail, Skagway, we did long trip to Carcross, amazing scenery in mountains, shorter trip would be just a great.

Whitewater Rafting in Denali http://www.raftdenali.com

For us the best excursions were the most expensive, but we went to experience

Alaska

Homer, AK.

Center for Alaskan Coastal Studies: Guided Natural History Hiking Tour.

Our all time favorite, it offers everything we think about for Alaska, including scenery, wildlife (whales, puffins, many other sea birds), a boat ride, hiking, and a nature guide.

If you like riding ATV's then I would recommend checking out 49th state motors out of Anchorage. I did an all day ride with them to the knik glacier and it was a lot of fun. They also fixed us fresh salmon quesidillas on a bluff overlooking the glacier.

Icy Straight Point: Whale Watching (Bubble feeding) - Glacier Wind Charters (6 person boats - can walk all around and heated cabin with bathroom). Captain Shawn was fantastic! Great customer service from start to finish! I booked the trip really early- they're great at answering questions via email or phone and Teresa picks you up and returns you to the pier. We saw many whales bubble feeding and got many pictures.

Juneau: Harv and Marv - 6 person boat (can walk through the heated cabin into the front area or back of boat) Captain Brent was wonderful! We saw eagles, seals and whales!

Ketchikan: Island Wings Air Service (Michelle) - Floatplane tour. Wow! It was so exciting! The scenery was beautiful and we landed on the water next to a platform to get better pictures of waterfalls.

We read the reviews on TripAdvisor for many different tours and decided on these. We are so happy that we did!

If you could only pick one excursion on an Alaska cruise, what would it be? Please include company name and port. Pictures of your time on that excursion greatly appreciated!

My answer would depend on where you are going. There is no point in giving recommendations for ports you are nto visiting. My favorites have been in Whittier, Seward, Sitka, and Denali. I don't find much enjoyable in the tourist ports.

Homer, AK.

Center for Alaskan Coastal Studies: Guided Natural History Hiking Tour.

Our all time favorite, it offers everything we think about for Alaska, including scenery, wildlife (whales, puffins, many other sea birds), a boat ride, hiking, and a nature guide.

So glad to see this - this is our choice in Homer (in July 2017)!

My answer would depend on where you are going. There is no point in giving recommendations for ports you are nto visiting. My favorites have been in Whittier, Seward, Sitka, and Denali. I don't find much enjoyable in the tourist ports.

We'll be going to Ketchikan, ISP, Juneau, Skagway and ending in Seward.

First, I would never do "one" tour. My time is valuable and I tour as I wish. There also is no "best". Alaska offers a wide range of activities, with rave reviews about most of them.

Since you may be simply taking a poll., my further suggestions would be to get on the North Slope, Barrow, Deadhorse etc. Nothing like it. Another option for the expansive beauty is to include flying. I just recently flew Misty Fiords, Denali Summit, Wrangell Mts. Glacier Helicopter out of Juneau, Scenic float plane run out of Lake Spenard, Anc. Boat tours are always included in my trips- 3 Kenai Fjords Runs, Prince William Sound out of both Whittier and Valdez this trip.

Out of Homer, yes the Center for Alaskan Coastal Studies is very good, so is the Pratt Museum, but my preference is the Seldovia Bay Ferry.