Captain for Solstice Transpacific cruise

Cruiser8500

Does it really matter? We see this question asked about many cruises and I am curious as to what influence the Captain has on one's enjoyment of a cruise. I have only done 7 Celebrity cruises with a number of different Captains and not one has any influence on my enjoyment. Now Cruise Directors that's a different story.

Does it really matter? We see this question asked about many cruises and I am curious as to what influence the Captain has on one's enjoyment of a cruise. I have only done 7 Celebrity cruises with a number of different Captains and not one has any influence on my enjoyment. Now Cruise Directors that's a different story.

We are just the opposite, we don’t really care who the CD is, however there a a couple of Captains we find very entertaining & engage more with passengers. Given a choice we would prefer to sail with them.

We are just the opposite, we don’t really care who the CD is, however there a a couple of Captains we find very entertaining & engage more with passengers. Given a choice we would prefer to sail with them.

Totally agree. I would also add that as in any organisation the demounor of its leader tends to be reflected in its employees. If the captain is engaging with the passengers, hopefully this follows through to the crew.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Forums mobile app

I agree with Don, you're there to experience the islands, not to rub elbows and "engage with" the Captain. I only remember one Captain, that was Captain Kate from the Celebrity Summit, only because she is (reportedly) the only female Captain on a major cruise ship and that was our most recent cruise, about a month ago. I'm sure that in a year, I'll forget her too.

Captain Pugwash? ........ or maybe Captain Stubbing?
Stubbing retired from The Love Boat, Pugwash sailed the Black Pig (google it to read about the rest of the crew). I wonder if Queeg or Bligh might be working for X now? I think the Concordia's captain is still in prison. [emoji41] [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-T817P using Forums mobile app

The captain if an entertainer can make a very significant impact on the mood

of the ship.

Years ago, the best captain I have ever seen, Scherve who used to say don't call me scurvy, would for example when the ship was changing course would

have us lean to one side to make the change in direction smoother,

A weak cruise director is like a martini without alcohol.