Announcement of the New Le Club Voyage Program

AzamaraJoel

There are so many threads on this now, I hope this is the right one and that Azamara will consider my points to be 'valid'.

Unlike many here, we are fairly new to cruising and currently both running businesses so we don't get that much time off but we hope to in the future. I would have thought that we were target customers and the announced changes are no incentive at all for us to return to Azamara.

We were introduced to Azamara by my parents who, in their 80s, cruise 2 or 3 times a year on various lines. At the moment their favourites are the new Oceania ships - they prefer the larger cabins and choice of restaurants. But they have been on Azamara enough times to benefit from both the free internet & bag of laundry. When they last returned from an Az cruise, they grumbled a bit about the cramped cabin but told me about the free internet & laundry as a bonus for their previous cruises. I'm sure they felt it made up for some of the disadvantages of the Azamara ship.

We have only been on a couple of Az cruises (and one Celebrity) and so are still on Adventurer but will be on Explorer after our next cruise in 2015. I was looking forward to getting the laundry (I've even asked about paying for a bag of laundry) & extra internet on another cruise & was disappointed to read this is being stopped. It hadn't occurred to me until reading here that the loss of the free laundry will send everyone to the self-service machines - they are busy enough as it is.

On both of our previous cruises we enjoyed them so much we purchased an Open Passage at £75 each to be used at any time giving us a benefit of a £300 ($400) off our next cruise. This discount was certainly instrumental in our decision to cruise Azamara again.

Having compared the old & new benefits, I cannot see ANY advantage for us or any incentive for us to be LOYAL to Azamara.

On our next cruise in 2015:

- we will lose the expected free internet minutes (that were available when we booked). Access to internet is essential for us whilst we are away.

- The laundry room will be crammed with disgruntled customers who no longer get a free bag of laundry.

- We will not purchase an Open Passage as 3% of the "cruise fare portion of the advertised price on sailings" is likely to be much less than the 400 USD from the old style certificates.

- we are unlikely to be able to purchase an upgrade for $199 as priority is given to passengers at higher levels with more points.

On returning, we WILL be moving up to a higher tier of Explorer which would give us a one off 2 free nights - but only if we book within 12 months which is unlikely at the moment.

There is nothing about these changes that will encourage our loyalty to Azamara.

Fro us we like Princess. Their perks are good. Free internet minutes and thee is free laundry. Not just a bag but free all during your cruise and dry cleaning too.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/memberShipBenefitsForProspect.jsp

Azamara is was to be a cut above a mass market cruise line like Princess. But Princess is way above Azamara in past PAX perks!! I hear that other cruise line give more too in perks.

Third Azamara cruise (10 nights Baltic) was somewhat disappointing. Food just so/so, MDR service a little slow was excused b/c of noro issues. Not quite the cruise we had come to expect. And now the free laundry and internet minutes are gone? Very disappointed and very unlikely to book w/Azamara again unless there is a huge promotion. Aqua class on Celebrity seems so much more bang for the buck if the food is on a par (at least as of our last experience) and some perks we can really use. Please rethink this!

We lost interest in Azamara when it unilaterally terminated the 50% off shore excursions. At the time, we couldn't understand how a company could take away something it used to induce bookings. Looking at the LCV take aways, it shows management has a complete disdain for its customers. How can anyone book an Azamara cruise and have any idea what they will ultimately receive other than outdated staterooms and a declining on board experience?

We've enjoyed Azamara, and the loyalty benefits. We are looking forward to our October cruise when we'll still get laundry and internet.

Because of the loss of laundry and internet, I just booked Princess for our January 2015 cruise.

I have seen many many dumb marketing decisions in my lifetime. This one seems to be one of the worst. People on an upscale cruise don't want to (and should not have to) spend their time in a small laundry room. Also, I can't imagine being asked to pay for internet service that DOES NOT WORK.

Please listen to Andy and to your customers, and reverse this horrible decision.

We lost interest in Azamara when it unilaterally terminated the 50% off shore excursions. At the time, we couldn't understand how a company could take away something it used to induce bookings. Looking at the LCV take aways, it shows management has a complete disdain for its customers. How can anyone book an Azamara cruise and have any idea what they will ultimately receive other than outdated staterooms and a declining on board experience?

You said it. Azamara lost me too. I was promised a 25% discount which was withdrawn without notice. On the journey (8-20-14) there were a lot of people complaining about the withdrawn discounts. That was minor compared to the shortcomings on the ship. With all the cutbacks and changes, I doubt that there were many people on that cruise that rebooked. The 8-20-14 cruise was one of the longer cruises. 14 nights. Many had done b2bs for even a longer cruise. Those folks spend a lot if money on travel. I only met one person who rebooked even though she expressed problems on the cruise.

We've enjoyed Azamara, and the loyalty benefits. We are looking forward to our October cruise when we'll still get laundry and internet.

Because of the loss of laundry and internet, I just booked Princess for our January 2015 cruise.

I have seen many many dumb marketing decisions in my lifetime. This one seems to be one of the worst. People on an upscale cruise don't want to (and should not have to) spend their time in a small laundry room. Also, I can't imagine being asked to pay for internet service that DOES NOT WORK.

Please listen to Andy and to your customers, and reverse this horrible decision.

You will like Princess. How you sailed on them before?

Until I read all these comments I had no idea Azamara was planning to make its loyalty programme worse. Why would any company do that and also pretend otherwise? The one thing more disappointing than a loyalty programme that fails to reward its high value customers is a programme that pretends to do so. For changes to any loyalty programme to be successful most people would agree that the programme has to be as good, if not better, than the previous one. Also, the best loyalty programmes make redemption easy and instantaneous for members - e.g. free laundry and internet on the cruise you are on right now. Not a discount reward that you may or may not take in the future.

A company can often by judged too on how they handle complaints and reverse poorly-made decisions. It can be done Azamara. Other companies have done it. I know if this decision stands we'll definitely look elsewhere next year. A great pity as we love the onboard experience of Azamara.

You will like Princess. How you sailed on them before?

So sorry to disagree. We took our grandchildren on a Princess cruise earlier this year. It was one of the worst cruises we have ever been on. The food was almost inedible. Entertainment average. It was impossible to find a sunbed, people were reserving them all day. When I finally spoke to a deck steward about removing these things they were totally uninterested. Cabin was ok. Never again.

So sorry to disagree. We took our grandchildren on a Princess cruise earlier this year. It was one of the worst cruises we have ever been on. The food was almost inedible. Entertainment average. It was impossible to find a sunbed, people were reserving them all day. When I finally spoke to a deck steward about removing these things they were totally uninterested. Cabin was ok. Never again.

Every cruise is different. I had things happen to us on Azamara that were not good. I have found that some ships are better than others. I happen to enjoy the food on Princess better than Azamara. I don't like the spice that was used in most of the food I ate on Azamara. To tell the truth, I find most cruise lines that I have been on more or less the same. From Cunard to Azamara to Princess etc until you get to Home lines. Now that was a great line. Too bad it is gone.

Our first cruise was on the Home Line Atlantic. We sailed from NYC to Bermuda. It was fabulous. I had my own assigned deck chair. At 4 pm, waiters with white gloves circulated on the deck serving tea and cookies. Food was superb. Loved the midnight buffet. The MDR was open for every meal. Cabins were spacious. Bathrooms had tubs and showers. I miss those days.

Our first cruise was on the Home Line Atlantic. We sailed from NYC to Bermuda. It was fabulous. I had my own assigned deck chair. At 4 pm, waiters with white gloves circulated on the deck serving tea and cookies. Food was superb. Loved the midnight buffet. The MDR was open for every meal. Cabins were spacious. Bathrooms had tubs and showers. I miss those days.

Those were the days. I was on Oceanic 8 times and loved each time. The food was superb. I miss those days too. I have not been a a cruise line that has come close to Home Lines.

Just back from an Alaskan cruise on the Princess Coral. We were in a suite and are Platinum. Our last cruise was Azamara in a club continent room and we are Explorer so pretty close in cabins and loyalty level.

Princess wins for Internet (200 free min), laundry (unlimited), room (much larger and bathroom huge), speciality restaurants (booked 3 times during the cruise- not when we boarded and was available), and loyalty lounge (not available to Explorer on Azamara), entertainment (best band ever played every night in the Wheelhouse along with 3 good production shows).

Azamara wins for room service, butler, liquor in the room, and included beverages.

Tie: Meet and Greet was attended by at least 5 officers on both cruises but if food and drink are important then Azamara has the nod, service was really good on both ships, food was excellent on both ships (probably had more choices we liked on Azamara).

This was our best Princess cruise and felt truly appreciated as a customer on this cruise. We just booked a Feb 2016 Panama Canal with Azamara. Princess was our 2nd choice. Wondering if we made the right choice but in the end itinerary dictates and overnight in Cabo and Cartegena wins. But.... Princess delivered for us in Alaska.

WE just celebrated 100 days on Azamara and celebrated by booking four cruises b2b. We booked our 60 days b2b2b2b upcoming for January to March on an Azamara ship and we were counting on our bags of laundry and on our internet to keep in touch with family. We booked before the announcement taking away our perks was made, so are we grandfathered?

The irony is we had four cruises booked on the Celebrity ships for the same time and we cancelled them because I fell in love with the caring staff on the Journey. They were wonderful. So can someone tell me if we booked in August of this year not knowing the changes were coming, are we grandfathered.

TTFN

Mary

WE just celebrated 100 days on Azamara and celebrated by booking four cruises b2b. We booked our 60 days b2b2b2b upcoming for January to March on an Azamara ship and we were counting on our bags of laundry and on our internet to keep in touch with family. We booked before the announcement taking away our perks was made, so are we grandfathered?

The irony is we had four cruises booked on the Celebrity ships for the same time and we cancelled them because I fell in love with the caring staff on the Journey. They were wonderful. So can someone tell me if we booked in August of this year not knowing the changes were coming, are we grandfathered.

TTFN

Mary

the problem is we are not. we should be .. we are loyal customers who done enough cruises. plus we shpuld at least get laundry done for our turn around days. i am booked all winter on Quest and some my laundy will air dry vvery few days. you can get internet in most terminals . if on JR the Rio terminal good. .can not remember the others-

Hello All,

We appreciate our loyal guests feedback and did expect mixed reactions to the new Le Club Voyage program, in particular the discontinued benefits. As we have stated before, it was not an easy decision to replace some benefits, but we believe it is the right long-term decision for our guests and our brand. While benefits preferences are subjective, the new Le Club Voyage program is greater in long term value through earning points toward free cruise nights. In addition we have added stateroom upgrades, savings on voyages, and other new benefits. The program is ongoing and will continue to be enhanced with additional benefits to be added in the future.

We are following all your comments closely and value your opinions. Some of your comments are valid and will be taken into consideration, other comments are not valid. We are focused on delivering the right balance of guest benefits and what makes sense from a business perspective for our company.

Contrary to what many of you have posted here, this program was carefully constructed, researched, vetted and a pool of loyalty members contacted to give us input and feedback on what was most valuable to them in terms of their vacation experience. Throughout this process the insights that we gathered were significant, our guests travel with us for the immersion within the destinations we visit and the great service of the crew onboard. This is our brand promise and this will not change, we continue to deliver this promise to you each time you sail with us. New programs bring change, most of this program as we noted prior is non-cruise traditional.

We will continue to monitor your comments and provide further constant communications on the Le Club Voyage program with our members. If you have questions, concerns over your specific members benefits please feel free to call + 1.888.532.5828 (LeClubV) or email at LeClubVoyage@AzamaraClubCruises.com

Thank you, Azamara

Can this really be correct Joel?

When the new levels were announced my points total moved me from Discoverer to Discoverer Plus where I have received no additional benefits at all.

Now are you saying with your new announcement that I will not be eligible for any free nights until I reach Discoverer Platinum level?

In my position would you consider staying with Azamara where I have been exceedingly loyal or consider jumping ship to a line who may appreciate my loyalty better?

Or have I misunderstood?

Can this really be correct Joel?

When the new levels were announced my points total moved me from Discoverer to Discoverer Plus where I have received no additional benefits at all.

Now are you saying with your new announcement that I will not be eligible for any free nights until I reach Discoverer Platinum level?

In my position would you consider staying with Azamara where I have been exceedingly loyal or consider jumping ship to a line who may appreciate my loyalty better?

Or have I misunderstood?

No Hazel, you haven't misunderstood and this point has been made numerous times by a number of people on the various threads. The higher your tier the harder it is to get those "free" nights and of course when you get to the top level you can't go any higher so won't get any at all. Loyalty programmes are meant to reward and incentivise. The revamped loyalty scheme does neither of these things, especially for those most loyal. The frustrating thing is that the representatives of Azamara here won't comment on it.

Phil

Hello All,

We appreciate our loyal guests feedback and did expect mixed reactions to the new Le Club Voyage program, in particular the discontinued benefits. As we have stated before, it was not an easy decision to replace some benefits, but we believe it is the right long-term decision for our guests and our brand. While benefits preferences are subjective, the new Le Club Voyage program is greater in long term value through earning points toward free cruise nights. In addition we have added stateroom upgrades, savings on voyages, and other new benefits. The program is ongoing and will continue to be enhanced with additional benefits to be added in the future.

We are following all your comments closely and value your opinions. Some of your comments are valid and will be taken into consideration, other comments are not valid. We are focused on delivering the right balance of guest benefits and what makes sense from a business perspective for our company.

Contrary to what many of you have posted here, this program was carefully constructed, researched, vetted and a pool of loyalty members contacted to give us input and feedback on what was most valuable to them in terms of their vacation experience. Throughout this process the insights that we gathered were significant, our guests travel with us for the immersion within the destinations we visit and the great service of the crew onboard. This is our brand promise and this will not change, we continue to deliver this promise to you each time you sail with us. New programs bring change, most of this program as we noted prior is non-cruise traditional.

We will continue to monitor your comments and provide further constant communications on the Le Club Voyage program with our members. If you have questions, concerns over your specific members benefits please feel free to call + 1.888.532.5828 (LeClubV) or email at LeClubVoyage@AzamaraClubCruises.com

Thank you, Azamara

Joel & Co,

It is very simple how to make loyalty guests happy.

Give me back my free wifi

Give me back my free laundry

Give me back my free bottle of 2-buck chuck champagne.:rolleyes:

These benefits are tangible and enhance the on board experience.

Promises that if you spend a zillion $ you may, and only may, get a room upgrade at some indeterminate date in the future is not tangible and does nothing for me or my loyalty to you I'm afraid.

I wonder if this counts as a 'valid comment'?

This from someone's commentary on the webinar for the new Royal Caribbean ships being built:

"The ships will have much better, faster and less expensive internet service than any other ship. You will be able to use smartphones to make restaurant reservations (along with other, unnamed tasks) on the ships. Every crew-member (this fleet-wide) will be given a new tablet to be able to communicate with their families more easily."

Good news, IMO, and let's hope it spreads quickly to other lines. I would imagine it is possible to add the upgraded capabilities at drydock, but there wasn't anything I read about that.

We are in the same situation as you and the lcv have confirmed that we would need to reach top tier! Good to read you on the forum. Regards Diane

Lottie and I returned from Quest yesterday. We had a brilliant time.

We would love to sail with you and Alan again. I fear it may not be on Azamara

Hazel

No Hazel, you haven't misunderstood and this point has been made numerous times by a number of people on the various threads. The higher your tier the harder it is to get those "free" nights and of course when you get to the top level you can't go any higher so won't get any at all. Loyalty programmes are meant to reward and incentivise. The revamped loyalty scheme does neither of these things, especially for those most loyal. The frustrating thing is that the representatives of Azamara here won't comment on it.

Phil

Phil,

This is totally bonkers and ill thought through by Miami.

As you know I have been on Quest so have missed much of the hoo hah.

Why not drop the Azamazing Evenings and re-instate the laundry and Internet?

Impressive companies hold their hands up when they realise they have made a mistake. How about it Azamara?

Hazel