Southampton Train Station

We have just purchased our train tickets from Southampton Central to Moreton in Marsh. We received an email with our code but have to print off our tickets from a machine at the station. Can someone give me input on where the machines are located and what they may look like so in the event that we are in a hurry, we will not be wasting time . Thank You!!

Sorry to hijack post but I also have tickets TO Southampton from London Waterloo, which is probably one of the big London Terminals. Will I be able to print out my tickets prior to the day of departure at Paddington, when I print out tickets for Windsor? Probably a silly question, sorry

Sorry to hijack post but I also have tickets TO Southampton from London Waterloo, which is probably one of the big London Terminals. Will I be able to print out my tickets prior to the day of departure at Paddington, when I print out tickets for Windsor? Probably a silly question, sorry
Yes, you should be able to.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

We have just purchased our train tickets from Southampton Central to Moreton in Marsh. We received an email with our code but have to print off our tickets from a machine at the station. Can someone give me input on where the machines are located and what they may look like so in the event that we are in a hurry, we will not be wasting time . Thank You!!

Moreton-in-Marsh is my neck of the woods, so happy to help with any queries at that end.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Moreton-in-Marsh is my neck of the woods, so happy to help with any queries at that end.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is it relatively easy to get from village to village? We have decided to rely on local transportation only. I did read about the Discover Card for 10GBP. We will be there over the 4-7th of May bank holiday. Will everything close up on Sunday & Monday? Any special thing I should not miss? I have been looking at the tourist info and everything looks so charming. From MIM- are there easy walks to a different village. Would love to get out in nature a bit after spending 13 nights on a ship:)

Thank You

Make sure you have with you the same credit card you bought the tickets with as you will need to insert it into the machine to get your tickets. You won't be charged again.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Forums mobile app

For the machine to read it, does the card have to be a true chip and pin card (still not so easy to get in the U.S.), or will any credit card do?

Thanks!

For the machine to read it, does the card have to be a true chip and pin card (still not so easy to get in the U.S.), or will any credit card do?
I haven't tried this, but the UK still has non-chip cards, e.g. for people with disabilities who cannot use the chip cards, so ticket machines probably do work without a chip.

If you have a problem with a machine, the staffed ticket office can print your tickets for you -- assuming you are at a station with a staffed ticket office during opening hours. If you have not yet booked your tickets, the print-at-home option may be better.

I haven't tried this, but the UK still has non-chip cards, e.g. for people with disabilities who cannot use the chip cards, so ticket machines probably do work without a chip.

If you have a problem with a machine, the staffed ticket office can print your tickets for you -- assuming you are at a station with a staffed ticket office during opening hours. If you have not yet booked your tickets, the print-at-home option may be better.

Thanks very much!

(I learned the hard way about chip and pin cards way back in 2005 in Paris, when I tried using a machine to retrieve train tickets I'd purchased on line using my normal American credit card. The card did not work in the machine and I had no idea why. Panic mode for a moment as I thought my card had been compromised or denied. Fortunately, there was a staffed ticket counter and I got our tickets. Chip and pin cards were pretty much an unknown in the U.S. back then, and I'd never heard of them. But even now, 13 years later, it's still hard for us in the U.S. to get an actual chip and pin card. I do have one now that I used solely for foreign travel, but I really had to jump through hoops to join a "credit union" to get it. It's otherwise not a good card for me and I really wish our major credit card issuers would join the rest of the world on this....)

Thanks!

It needs to be the debit or credit card that you used to book / pay for the tickets.

But although you have to insert the appropriate card into the ticket machine it asks only for the booking confirmation reference, not the card-holder's PIN number.

So I don't think you'll have a problem.

In the unlikely event that you do have a problem, there's a manned ticket booth at Southampton Central station.

JB :)

When you booked your tickets online, did you choose Paddington as the station to collect both tickets? If not, I think you may have to print out the Waterloo tickets at Waterloo station.

When you booked your tickets online, did you choose Paddington as the station to collect both tickets? If not, I think you may have to print out the Waterloo tickets at Waterloo station.

I don't remember it asking me where I was going to print tickets. If we have to do Waterloo then obviously we will, I was just hoping to stay some time on our way to Southampton.

No you don't.

You can collect tickets anywhere irrespective of which station you said you would.

The only purpose of the drop down list of stations is to check it has a machine which prints booked tickets.

And yes you can print them in advance of the day of travel.

No you don't.

You can collect tickets anywhere irrespective of which station you said you would.

The only purpose of the drop down list of stations is to check it has a machine which prints booked tickets.

And yes you can print them in advance of the day of travel.

Thanks, we will be at Paddington a couple days before and having our tickets already really ease the stress getting to Southampton.

Hi Phill,

I think the system is able to allow the traveller to print-out their pre-purchased tickets for any journey at the appropriate machine at any station.

See these websites

http://www.mytrainticket.co.uk/self-service-ticket-machines-at-stations

and

https://traingenius.com/collecting-tickets/

nb. I'm no expert on the subject, just been doing a bit of web-ferreting.;)

Hi Phill,

I think the system is able to allow the traveller to print-out their pre-purchased tickets for any journey at the appropriate machine at any station.

See these websites

and

Ah, ok. Never tried to collect ticket from a station I hadn't chosen but it makes sense that you can do so. Thanks!

Hi Phill,

See these websites

and

You can and I do so every couple of days.