Private Transportation from AMS to Movenpick

klfrodo

Don't judge please.

I've been working for years to keep the luggage down and I've actually made progress. Believe it or not.

Anyway, we arrive into AMS at 2030 hrs from London after a 24 hour travel day. We will be tired and crankey. My wife has put her foot down and said she is not schlepping our luggage thru the terminal, on to a train, and then from the train station to the hotel. I said "Yes, Ma'am".

So, the alternative is http://www.city-airport-taxis.com

Here is where I get confused.

Sedan Car 4Pax says 2 "Med" luggage and 3 "Small" Luggage What do you Europeans consider Medium and Small and where is Large?

I'm probably going to have 3 pieces that are 77cmX57cmX31cm

Along with 1 garmet bag plus 2 carry on's

With that information Ini,,,, what car would you recommend I hire to get from airport to hotel?

That sounds like 3 large suitcases for me plus the carry-ons and garment bag. You better get a van. European cars cannot hold that much luggage.

You will not find porters at Schiphol airport but lots free luggage carts at baggage claim. You will need at least 2 of them to to to the cab.

Get in contact e.g. with a company like this: https://www.taxicentrale-schiphol.nl/en/

or

https://www.taxi2airport.com/en/airport-transfers/schiphol-airport-taxi

Edited by Ine

So, the alternative is www.city-airport-taxis.com

I'm glad you posted this. This is much better pricing than a regular taxi.

Does anyone know how far in advance I ought to book to avoid them being overbooked for my desired dates & times?

What do you Europeans consider Medium and Small and where is Large?

I just contacted the company to find out.

Small = up to 20" (50 cm)

Medium = up to 26"-27" (65 cm - 70 cm)

... so you have three large bags, plus the carry-ons and garment bag.

I'm glad you posted this. This is much better pricing than a regular taxi.

Does anyone know how far in advance I ought to book to avoid them being overbooked for my desired dates & times?

g.

I just recently booked for our early July 2018 arrival.

Similar situation, but haven't ruled out the train yet. We're trying to decide between the train, taxi, or pre-arranged car from Schiphol Airport to Ambassade Hotel. We will arrive in Amsterdam for 3 days prior to B2B cruises with 2 large suitcases and 2 carry on suitcases.

I understand the train is the cheapest, but concerned about the luggage and the transfer from Centraal Station to the hotel.

We did the train from Rome to the port once and decided a car and driver was well worth it. How does Amsterdam compare?

If we use a car service from the airport is it best to pre-arrange a car or just get a taxi from the taxi stand?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Rick

Either pre book or get one at the airport. Be sure it is not a "pirate"cab, who offer their services often inside the terminal. Regular cabs are outside staying in line. Uber is also available in Amsterdam. Also this hotelshuttle might work for you.https://www.schipholhotelshuttle.nl/

We're trying to decide between the train, taxi, or pre-arranged car from Schiphol Airport to Ambassade Hotel.

I understand the train is the cheapest, but concerned about the luggage and the transfer from Centraal Station to the hotel.

It looks like you'd have to take a tram from Central Station to get closer to your hotel, then walk the last 500m on foot. Given that most of the sidewalks in the area seem to be cobbled/brick sidewalks (I spot checked a few spots along your likely route -- using Google street view), that's going to be a bit rough for dragging your bags.

Similar situation, but haven't ruled out the train yet. We're trying to decide between the train, taxi, or pre-arranged car from Schiphol Airport to Ambassade Hotel. We will arrive in Amsterdam for 3 days prior to B2B cruises with 2 large suitcases and 2 carry on suitcases.

We did the train from Rome to the port once and decided a car and driver was well worth it. How does Amsterdam compare?

If we use a car service from the airport is it best to pre-arrange a car or just get a taxi from the taxi stand?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Rick

You could also use the bus it will drop you at the hotel

https://www.schipholhotelshuttle.nl/

Thanks all for the information. The train doesn't sound like it is worth the added problems with luggage. I think we will arrange a car to meet us at the airport. There are several car services mentioned earlier. Any recommendations for one over another or others you would recommend?

Thanks. Rick

• 4 weeks later...

A few years ago we used Connexxion Shuttle from AMS to The Renaissance. It’s a shuttle that runs to all the hotels, you pre-book it online and I believe we paid about 15 euros per person. It runs on the half hour, loads up and leaves. No waiting or driving around until it’s full. They load your luggage for you and drop you off at the door of your hotel.

Sent from my iPad using Forums