Livorno hop on hop off

boblerm

DW and I are taking a very port intensive cruise this fall, and may need a break from long bus rides, and were thinking about seeing what Livorno has to offer.

Wondering if anyone has any positive/negative experience with the hop on hop off bus there. Any sites to not be missed?

Thanks,

Bob

DW and I are taking a very port intensive cruise this fall, and may need a break from long bus rides, and were thinking about seeing what Livorno has to offer.

Wondering if anyone has any positive/negative experience with the hop on hop off bus there. Any sites to not be missed?

Thanks,

Bob

Sorry that I can’t help you with hop on / hop off bus, Bob. But personally, I wouldn’t spend my time in Livorno, but rather head for Pisa or Florence. Livorno is a port where a long bus ride is worth it.

Enjoy your voyage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's tough planning an easier day into port intensive cruises. I am currently planning for Fall 2019. In Livorno the plan is to use Tuscanybus then stroll around Lucca and Pisa. http://www.tuscanybus.com/en/lucca-pisa/ Didn't think I could explore Florence the day before we arrive in Rome! Toulon will be a super easy day --maybe a ferry over from the dock to the town and lunch at a restaurant that specializes in sea food. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187257-d3501661-Reviews-Le_Pascalou-Toulon_Var_Provence_Alpes_Cote_d_Azur.html

We took a boat tour on the canals and then a bus trip to Pisa from Livorno we purchased this from the tourist office near where the port shuttle dropped us it was an easy day. Both were part of the same package.

We took a boat tour on the canals and then a bus trip to Pisa from Livorno we purchased this from the tourist office near where the port shuttle dropped us it was an easy day. Both were part of the same package.

This is helpful, thank you. I was looking at the canal ride.

We are in exactly the same situation as the OP on a cruise this fall, 21 ports in 21 days. We've done Pisa, Lucca etc, 1 day in Florence is not ideal, and it's a Monday, so Accademia and Uffizi are closed.

• 3 weeks later...