Oasis of the seas night life music and seafood

How is the night life and the seafood on Oasis of the seas..i love live music..R&B ..jazz..jazz.caribbian music ..is their much of that on board

We just returned from the Oasis March 11 - 18 sailing. For nightlife it all depends on what you are looking for ? the hot spots on our sailing were the Schooner bar with Chester on piano , the globe and Atlas pub with Tommy Greene jr ( guitar ) both were excellent . Blaza is the nightclub on deck 4 and really never got going till after midnight . As for Seafood the second formal night was lobster night and the tails they served this cruise were a huge improvement over some past sailings maybe that's why i had 5 lol . Do not waste your time with the shrimp cocktails in the MDR shrimp are small and terrible. unless you go to Chops were the shrimp is excellent . . Please let me know if you have any other questions about the Oasis. Cheers !

Thanks..seafood is a favorite of mine... especially lobster.. I'm also debating whether to get drinks package... Can you pick the days you want drinks package and are the prices fare?... I'm bringing two bottles of wine but that won't last long.. probably gonna be drinking about 4 drinks a day

Thanks..seafood is a favorite of mine... especially lobster.. I'm also debating whether to get drinks package... Can you pick the days you want drinks package and are the prices fare?... I'm bringing two bottles of wine but that won't last long.. probably gonna be drinking about 4 drinks a day

No, you cannot pick and choose the days for the drink package. Whenever you purchase, it has to last until the end of the cruise. I believe they will allow you to purchase with as little as 4 days left in the cruise.

4 alcoholic beverages a day might not be worth it at full price but if you make use of premium drinks for other parts of the trip, it could be worth it for you. I made heavy use of the bottled water for shore excursions since these are not free and I made it a point to try new things that I may not have liked if I had to pay per drink.

You can also use the drink package at Labadee and Coco Cay as these are RC private destinations.

As for nightlife, my last trip on Oasis was the week after Thanksgiving which seemed to attract an older crowd (40-60s mostly). The nightlife was not "dead" but certain parts of the nightlife were dead i.e. Blaze club. Boleros was packed all night and Dazzles got pretty crowded early in the night. Depending on what you're looking for and when you're traveling will determine your level of nightlife activity.

4 drinks on its own will be just shy of the price of the package but when you add bottled water specialty tea and coffee then you are better off getting the package . if you are not going to drink bottled water or specialty coffee and tea then you would need to average about 5 drinks a day to make the package worth it.

That is a good idea... drinks plus specialty coffee (Starbucks) and drinks on the beach should cover it.. for me and the wife

Starbucks is not included with the drink package. The specialty coffee is served in the cafes or at dinner.

• 2 weeks later...
Deck 12 central Park balcony are the views good? I'll be in cabin 12183 ...is their much motion from the waves? It's near the front of the ship... I don't want to feel the ship moving too much

Oasis is a huge ship, so compared with smaller ships there will be less motion, but it's all relative to a person's subjective reaction to any movement as well as dependent on weather. Overall, you shouldn't feel much motion there.

As for the view, basically all the CP Balconies have a view across to other CP Balconies, and down to the Central Park below (as well as the open sky above).

I was looking forward to the lobster and the shrimp

Remember, everyone has his/her own tastes!;p We enjoy the seafood in the MDR as well as the specialty restaurants. The 2nd formal night is usually on the 2nd sea day later in the week, and the MDR will have lobster tails on the menu; if you enjoy lobster, ask your server for more than one when you order. I always order the shrimp cocktail every night, no matter if we're in the MDR or a specialty restaurant; the shrimp are bigger in the specialty restaurants. No worries, plenty of seafood will be available, and we have never been disappointed!:*

I noticed in your OP, you said you love Jazz. FYI, there is a dedicated Jazz Lounge on Deck 4 of Oasis, in addition to the other live music options each night/most nights (Schooner Bar, British Pub, Boleros, Dazzles, On Air).

As for the drink package, I think you might like the 10-drink card better.

I had inquired about it on our 3-day cruise last Friday. The beverage director told me that they decided the week before, that only cruises of 5 days and longer will have them. But, he said that they were $76-$79.00, which would be a good price per drink for any alcohol drink. And, anybody can use the card.