safety drill and changing dinner reservations and internet services

creel5857

we depart out of san diego on Dec 8 at 4:00 pm and wondering about what time the drill will be and where we receive information that advises us about safety drill details and location. I cant remember if information was in our cabin or what??

we are desiring to give up our early dining reservations to be more flexible with open dining. Please remind me where the staff are located on the first day that we need to track down to see if we can change reservations

we have 50.00 each OBC for internet.....can we combine this to make 100.00 and use for one account and do we handle this at front desk or is it simple to do from cabin

thanks ahead for any comments

There will be numerous announcements regarding time and place for the muster drill. Your muster location will also be noted on the back of your door and your cabin steward can also tell you. The crew will be in the hallways directing everyone to their correct location. Muster drill is mandatory for all passengers, and attendance will be taken.

You can call HAL to change from traditional dining to flexible dining. If they can't do this for you, or if flex dining is full, then just go to the dining room when you board and ask if you can be accommodated.

I agree with the previous poster, if you can't get it changed before you leave just go up to the dining room and ask the person at the desk for help. That's what we did when we wanted to change our dining time.

Your OBC is for the cabin and charges are made to the cabin so in effect they are combined. For example, my husband gets military OBC sometimes and that's in his name but it doesn't matter when we take our card out to charge something...it just goes on the room's account.

As to the muster drill, you can count on it being held before you depart the dock so maybe 3:30 or 3? As the previous poster said you won't be able to escape the announcements once you're on board.

where we receive information that advises us about safety drill details and location. I cant remember if information was in our cabin or what??

Your muster location will be printed on your room key card. The time is typically around 3 or 3:30pm, and as others mentioned, there will be many announcements about when it is happening.

Your muster drill will probably be at 3:15.

As for using your OBC it depends on how your account is setup. If you are traveling as singles each with your own account then no but if your accounts are combined then yes. In either case with the Hotel Service Charge you will have many more expenses than just your internet cost.

Normally, the OBC is lumped together and used the same way - per cabin if people are on the same reservation.

However, I am not certain how this will work in your case, as it is for Internet only and I think they may maintain their own accounting. So, I would check with the Internet cafe once onboard to be certain.

Just returned from cruise on the Oosterdam. Wife and l both had $50 credit for internet. The ship lumped them together and l got 100 minutes. That's good and easier than two separate internet accounts with 50 minutes each. However if your TA or whoever gave you the two $50 credits will change it to one $100 credit you can get 250 minutes rather than 100 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums