Changing from Celebrity To Holland America

mcrcruiser

Because we live with in a 30 minute drive to the port of San Diego for convenience & NO Flying ,we are now sailing HAL exclusively :D

We decided to make the change when we can save hundreds of dollars by not flying nor the inconvenience of flying . :D

HAL has a Hawaii /Polynesia cruise 28 days & what we save in airfares , hotels & extra meals we can now enjoy the more expensive cruises that HAL offers . :D We also like the fact that HAL is using Eurodam for this sailing & the ship won't be over crowded :D:D:D

We enjoyed sailing out of San Diego on the 31 day Incan Empires cruise round trip from SD. Not having to pay airfare or sit on a plane for many hours was a plus, though we did have to pay for hotel and car parking. I looked at renting a car, but the cost was about the same, so we drove...worked out well!

Karen

Because we live with in a 30 minute drive to the port of San Diego for convenience & NO Flying ,we are now sailing HAL exclusively :D

We decided to make the change when we can save hundreds of dollars by not flying nor the inconvenience of flying . :D

HAL has a Hawaii /Polynesia cruise 28 days & what we save in airfares , hotels & extra meals we can now enjoy the more expensive cruises that HAL offers . :D We also like the fact that HAL is using Eurodam for this sailing & the ship won't be over crowded :D:D:D

I read your similar post on the X board today...boy did you get beat up or what? I agree with you that X has really abandoned the west coast since selling Century and that this market is neglected by X. While on board Millie in Asia in April I talked for quite awhile to the marketing manager on board ....asking why this was the case...and he said they can't make any money on the west coast! I find that hard to believe...since HAL and Princess seem to do just fine! I too don't get it!! And we are sailing on HAL for Xmas on the Oosterdam. She used to be home-ported here and it will be fun to be back on board! Plus our DD just took a job shore side as a Biz Dev Mgr for HAL/Seabourn so we may be on HAL even more now! Enjoy HAL!! LuAnn

Oh to be so close to a port and not have to fly. I'm 90 minutes west of Montreal but I've done the CDA/NE cruises enough times.....